I haven't had time to read my comments from the last post. If I know you guys, and I know you as well as anyone could from comments and such, then I know you have all be extremely supportive. I will take the time to read them all and give them thought as soon as I'm done telling you about my day.
About 2 hours after posting my last post, the little man came down with the stomach flu. 2 hours after posting my last post, it was 12:30am.
My poor little man vomited the w.h.o.l.e night. Every hour on the hour. About 4 in the morning it started coming out of both ends. Needless to say, I think I got roughly 30minutes of sleep last night.
At 8:00 this morning (the exact time the doc's office opens) I was on the phone getting him an appointment. They got us in at 9. When I say "got us in"...well that's pretty much all that happened for the next hour and a half. We got a room and then we sat and sat and sat. The poor little man had to make numerous trips to the bathroom to vomit and...well you know, let it out the other end.
During one of his trips to the bathroom, the doc came in....this after an hour. Before we get all mean and mad at the doc, I'll come to his defense. There was a very sick baby in the office and this doc was the only one in today, so they go backed up at LEAST 45 mins.
Anyway, during one of the little mans trips to the bathroom, the doc came in. Seeing that the little man was in the bathroom, he LEFT! And we had to wait another 20 min.
Let me just remind you, in case you forgot, our appointment was at 9, we were finally seen at 10:15.
After examining the poor little man, the doc wants to be sure it isn't his appendix. After making him pee in a cup, the doc decides he wants a blood test, just to be sure.
Unfortunately, we have to go to the hospital for the blood test because they can send the results quickly...just in case it's the appendix.
By this time, it's around 11. I take him to the hospital and after filling out gobs of paperwork we finally get to the lab. The lady tries to draw his blood and can't find the vein. GREAT! She's got the needle in his arm and she's poking around trying to find the VEIN! (STUPID WOMAN....I just had to get that off my chest) So, she has to try the other arm.
But guess what, the poor little man has to vomit again. LUCKILY for the STUPID WOMAN...there was a bathroom near by and there was no vomit mess to clean up...although she would have deserved it! (OK, I sorry, I'm being mean, but I'm very very tired and WHO pokes around a 10 year olds arm?)
Finally she gets the blood and we leave. By this time, we are both exhausted although I'm sure the little man was more than me.
I forgot to mention, they couldn't give him anything for the vomiting until after the blood test, so we had to go BACK to the docs office, wait some more and then he got a shot in his butt. (not nearly as fun as it sounds!)
By the time this is all done, it's 12:15. I should mention that the docs office is about 25 minutes from my house, so we got home around 12:45.
The good news, it's not the appendix. Thank goodness! The other good news, the vomiting has ceased since around 1 this afternoon. It's 6 now. And the little man? He's been sleeping all day. Wish I was!
Instead, I spent the rest of my day cleaning the house, doing laundry, cleaning a very dirty bathroom and going to the store to get things like bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. (the B.R.A.T diet) Don't worry, I also bought him jello and gatorade. The little man is very happy and he's held down his apple sauce, so far, so things are looking up.
Now, keep your fingers crossed that I don't get it. Or the wildchild. Or Bossman.
If any of us get it, D may not be able to come for Thanksgiving. She can't be around sick people. Chemo lowers your immune system. Doc tells me that you are contagious 4 days after you get the first symptoms.
As for things with me and Bossman....still not good. But I'm sure it will get better....
RIGHT?
*please excuse any typos or ramblings. The writer is sleep deprived and still has loads and loads of laundry to do. It would not be wise to remind the writer about her earlier laundry post as her current state of mind does not wish to think good thoughts about laundry and reminding her of such will only worsen her mood.
Thank you for your patience regarding this matter.*
Poor litle guy. I'm glad he's feeling better and hope you get some much needed sleep.
ReplyDeleteGrace
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your little man and of course you. I would have thought he was on the verge of dehydration with all the fluids he lost. As for the lack of skill the phlebotomist showed- no excuse. Too bad you were not on my pedicatric floor, I would have never let that happen. I am praying that all infectious germs flee your home and don't come back.
Ciao
I Gal
Grace I hate that for the little man and for you. As bad as it is for the child it's just as hard on the mom. I really hope the rest of the family stays well.
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking about you.
PK
Right! It will definitely get better! Now, you miss - stop all that housecleaning and laundry, and get some rest yourself! You were up all night too, and had a tough day watching your baby suffer. You need to recover, and get some sleep or at least a bit of relaxation. Believe me, exhaustion does not improve the situation. Warm motherly hug...hot chocolate...pat, pat...blanket.
ReplyDeleteEwww, hope he's feeling better. Everyone's right, though, get some rest. Housework will always need doing. Exhaustion makes everything worse. I know this from recent experience. When you are exhausted, you don't even have the energy for the fun things that help you cope with all the mommy chaos.
ReplyDeleteYou may be my new hero. When my Angel had to have blood drawn, Hubby had to take a long lunch and go with us. I am a complete and total wimp when it comes to visiting the vampires. Heck, when my Teen Angel got her ears pierced, I fainted right in the middle of the mall.
Anyway, hope you all stay healthy while Little Man gets well.
I feel for you both. Sweetie get some rest and then spray the house down with Lysol to mimize the chance of the germs spreading.
ReplyDeleteKristy
I hope he gets better soon--and that no one else gets sick
ReplyDeleteSucks. I hated it when the kids were sick. Still do. Scary and not-FUN.
ReplyDeleteGet well soon, Little Man! (and yes, you and Bossman will get better; go read your comments on the other post) :)
Grace, sending the Little man healing and strength.
ReplyDeleteLove and warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace,
ReplyDeleteA great big hug for you. You are having a rough go of it right now. Life will return to normal at its own pace. I do hope no one else gets sick so your SIL can come for the holiday.
Hang in there, toots. We'll be here if you need us.
Hugs,
Debbie :)
Sorry that the nasty bug came to visit your house. I hope you all stay well and that you get some much needed rest.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
CeeCi
word verification='health'... I kid you not!!
I am just catching up on reading...sending hugs...
ReplyDelete