Aftermath

I don't know about you but I feel much better after a good cry. Even though my nose was stuffy and my face was puffy....it felt nice to just let it all out.

As it turns out, there are a BUNCH of really nice people on the internet. I think they all stopped here on Friday and offered me some support. Thank you so much for that. It helped me realize that I love my blog and I love interacting with all of you.

I'm working things out and setting things back to the way they should be. It takes time to heal. One thing that helps is humor.

So, instead of leaving up a sad post, I will leave you with this video. I will be back soon, until then, enjoy!


12 comments:

  1. Grace:
    You are HYSTERICAL...I was just writing on PKs Blizzard post how sad I was for you that you had to find your socks and closed toed shoes. I was so happy that your Pizza Delivery guy showed up. And now this video....too too funny...George Castanza is way too funny...
    Take care Grace and stay warm I don't want you to catch cold. Go put some socks on!
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video Grace. It's great to see you "up" once again.

    Whether it's tears, anger or a combination of both, it's incredibly cathartic and something many who were deeply affected by the "drama" needed.

    It's amazing how things can brighten so quickly when you let them out and then let them go.

    Life is sweet. Please don't give up blogging over this. You are real and the stories and emotions you share with us are real That's what matters. A blog gives you a way to let things out and to express and explore things you might otherwise be reluctant to address.

    Many people say their blog is for them first and foremost, and I believe that to be true. There are times when you might write only because you haven't posted in a while and feel obligated, but if you are like me, there are even more times when you would post even if you new you had no readers at all.

    Have you ever written a letter in anger and when you finished it you realized you were no longer that upset? I've done that several times in my life. I have a collection of old "never sent" letters and emails.

    Whether it's about something that made you mad or someone you want to tell you love them but have been afraid to do it, putting your thoughts down via the keyboard can do wonders for you.

    Don't give that up just because of what happened last week. In the greater scheme of things, that really wasn't much. Definitely not worth giving up something that has meant so much to you.

    Please hand in there.

    Dante

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems the video only works if you're in the US....never mind.

    I have to agree with Dante that releasing emotions is much healthier than bottling them up....and the keyboard gives us a wonderful way of doing that. I tend to use my private journal for those 'in the moment' high emotion releases.....and then those feelings sometimes also make their way to the public site in slower and more reflective time. For me, that's a good mix, but I can see its not an approach which would be right for everyone.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Love this video and your blog. Glad to see your going to stay. Hope your back to being you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still don't have the words, Grace, and honestly, I think that is better for all of us now. Time to move forward, into the sunshine. For everyone's sake!

    Just know that I'm sending you big warm fuzzy hugs no matter what you decide about the future. I treasure your blog, but your friendship means ever so much more. Always did! Always will!

    Love and reassuring, protective hugs,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy....Pretty good huh? HUGS!

    Andrades....I've got my socks on and guess what? Today is in the 70's again. Don't worry, I'll save the socks for the next rainy day! Doesn't this video say it all?

    Dante, thank you for the kind words. I agree with letting it all out. Whether it be with the keyboard or to the person, holding it in is never a good thing!

    M:e, sorry you can't see the video. I tried to do it via Youtube but none of them would let me enbed it to my blog. If you go to youtube and type in "brad paisley online" you can view the video. It's just a music video about a guy with a different persona online. Quite perfect after the drama we just had. Thanks for stopping by! Bottling stuff up is never good. I think my biggest problem was not being strong enough to talk to the people involved. Misunderstanding will happen if there is no communication.

    Anon, thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed the video. I'll be back soon.

    Tig, thank you for stopping by. Time will heal and things will get better. I'm sure of it!

    HUGS to everyone! Have a great week! I'll be back soon!

    grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I commented here already!

    I'm losing my mind, great. ;P

    Glad things are better! And yes, it's true, a good cry is not fun at the time but it generally makes me feel better too.

    I do not care for the puffy-golf-ball-eye look, though. Nooooo...

    and that video is just too damn funny. I'm glad he got the girl in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's see... after math, I used to have English.

    That video was hilarious! I'm not much of a country music fan so had you not shared it, I wouldn't have found it on my own. Yep, definitely easy to be cooler online.

    There are a bunch of great people on the Internet! I hope you're counting yourself among them.

    *hugs*
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grace... hopelessly behind in our reading, as always! Loved your post though. It showed something we weren't able to say nearly as well as you did... why what happened impacted more than just the three or four people directly involved.

    Glad you've decided to stay too. Thing is... no matter where you go in this life, there is the very real possibility that at least some of the people there wont be honest with you. Work, church, family, friends, neighbors, online... personally can think of examples in each of these cases in which something very dishonest was encountered. Don't think it can be avoided, not if you deal with other people.

    What can be avoided is giving dishonesty more than it is entitled to... and that means not letting it take away the things you enjoy and how you interact with people. Our default setting when we meet a new friend is, "we believe what you say to be true"... and we're not going to change that. We also enjoy blogging... and we're not going to change that either.

    You lost the two trees you enjoyed so much, and that stinks. But, that doesn't mean you cut down the rest of the trees in your yard because they might one day cause you to feel sad... or that you'll avoid enjoying trees in the future because they too might end up being cut down. Boils down to the immunity is worse than the possible disease.

    :)
    Todd and Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Amber, I'll bet the puffy eyed look makes you look HAWT!

    Ceeci, Glad you found the video amusing. I thought it fit in perfectly with everything going on. I had P.E. after math, so there!

    Todd and Suzy, thank you for the words of wisdom. Real life or blogging, it will find us anyway. We just have to decide how we are going to handle it.

    Thank you everyone for stopping by!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, according to Dan *everything* makes me look hawt! But then...he's a little nutty. *makes the twirling finger motion next to head and whistles*

    yanno...

    ReplyDelete