Our bedroom is bigger now. We had a stereo in our old room. It had a clock on it. Because the alarm clock is on Bossmans side of the bed, I always used the stereo clock as my main clock in the night.
Without the stereo, I can't see what time it is when I wake up. This was a problem. So...Bossman and I decided to buy another clock for the room.
We head to the store to buy a clock. Since the room is bigger, we thought we should get one with big numbers. Turns out, you can see this clock from the MOON!
Even on the dimmest setting this clock is BRIGHT! So bright, in fact, that the other night, while laying in bed with Bossman, we were discussing the clock and I was complaining that it was way too bright. To prove my point I started making shadow puppets on the wall. That's how bright this clock is! Of course, we both started cracking up. (I suppose you had to be there...LOL)
Well, the clock has a new home in the garage. Sorry, but I like sleeping in the dark, not with a sunlamp lighting the room.
Now lets get to the serious stuff. The little man is sick. He's been sick since Sunday with a fever that won't go away. My sister was here Saturday for a BBQ with her family. Turns out my sister tested positive for the swine (H1N1)flu on Tuesday. I took the little man to the doc on Tuesday and the doc didn't think he had the flu, he thought he had a sinus infection because although he had a fever he didn't have any other flu symptoms. BUT....yesterday I got a call from a friend whose son had hung out with the little man the day he got sick. The boy came home sick from school yesterday. I told her about my sis. She took her son to the doc which performed a h1n1 test on him and it was negative...he just has the regular flu.
So, I'm pretty sure that my son has the flu. Today is the first day he hasn't run a high fever so I think he's finally getting better. Whether he has swine flu or not...I don't know. But since he's on the mend, I guess it doesn't matter, unless the rest of us get it. So far...the rest of us are good!
Oh, and my sister is doing fine also!
Glad everyone is on the mend! Lighting in the bedroom is a very touchy subject with a lot of people. How much is too much? Hope you find something that's just right! Meow
ReplyDeleteHey Grace, I don't know how I missed this one. I have a clock just like that. The numbers are about 2 inches high and brighter than I would like but I keep it anyway. I am so nearsighted that its the only size I can see at night unless I lean way over and put my nose an inch from it.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the little man. I sure hope he is feeling better by now. And I hope you and Bossman and the wild child have managed to avoid it!
Hugs,
PK
Grace, glad to hear that the little guy is on the mend, and that the rest of you have escaped it.
ReplyDeleteI have a problem with bedroom clocks, I have a very nice digital clock radio, but I can no longer see the figures; I'm looking round for a projecting clock that shines the figures on the wall.
Have great week-end.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Hey Grace, I missed this one as well, think blogger wasn't updating properly.
ReplyDeleteHope LG is fine now and the rest of the family haven't picked it up.
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Love.
Ronnie
xx
Sorry guys, I think I messed up on the date. You didn't miss anything, I just posted it yesterday! So, you guys are on top of things...I...not so much!
ReplyDeletePaul...we have a projection clock and it's NOT good. I have a really hard time reading it, so make sure the numbers are big enough for you. That's the reason we needed a second clock...for although we have the projection clock, as soon as it gets to light in the room, I can't read it. even when it's dark, it's still hard to read.
The little man is still running a fever...a small one, like 100, today. I just wish he would get better....this has been going on since Sunday!
Knock on wood, the rest of us are still healthy!
Hope you stay healthy!
HUGS!
grace
Hope by now little man is well and the rest of you still are. I would love to borrow the clock for the next youth trip I take. I could have lots of fun with it, lol.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace! Hope this comment finds the, I imagine not so little guy anymore, feeling better.
ReplyDeleteWill says the lights on my coffee maker light the whole place up like a run way! I told him if you just close your eyes, they magically go away!
Huggs!
Theresa
I miss my clock. ;-(...
ReplyDelete