It's like when you find out your pregnant...or you're just trying to get pregnant and suddenly the whole world is pregnant!
I found out yesterday that my son's teacher just went through the same thing I going through. She has just recently come back to teaching...my son has a substitute for most of the first quarter of school. Of course, I sort of knew what she was getting treated for...but I never really asked.
I don't know about you, but I remember when I was younger I didn't know a single person with cancer. I never knew someone that had died. I suppose I was lucky, but don't you think that things like this are at an all-time high? It seems like that even though we are coming up with more break-throughs and cures and such, more and more people are getting these things.
As for me....I'm in the hurry-up-and-wait stage. I'll have my surgery on the 8th. I won't know much until two days later when they call me with the results. What I do know is this: It's slow-growing, estrogen fed and it's her2 negative. her2 is the "bad" kind. If there is such a thing as a good kind.
Until then, I live my life. My son is away this week at camp and I feel a little lost without him. I thought it would be fun, just me and Bossman, with the wildchild floating in and out...but I miss my son. There are so many things we do together. We do homework, watch our shows, fight over chores, Reminders to take a shower and brush teeth, snacks, video games, more reminders to take a shower and brush teeth. (why do little boys hate to brush their teeth and take showers?) I take him to basketball practice and we read books. And at bedtime....we say prayers. If the wildchild is here, we all say prayers. It's the one time of the day when I know my family is here and safe. So until Friday, I have to say my nightly prayer without him...and it's not the same.
Of course, I know this will all end soon. He'll turn into a teen and hate family prayer time. He'll hate hanging with the family. So, I'll have to get used to it.
But I don't have to like it.
Speaking of not liking something....can I ask a question?
I've got the President speaking in the background as I type this. Why oh why do they have to applaud every single thing he says? This speech would be so much shorter if they would just stop all that clapping.
I guess there isn't an answer to that question.
Next subject....3D movies.
Bossman and I went and saw the movie Avatar. Wow! It was a great movie, but I have a small problem. It made me sick. All that 3D motion made my stomach turn. I'm not usually one to get motion sickness. I can do roller coasters, I can read in the moving car and I can even go on boats in choppy water....but 3D movie with lots of action....Oh boy. I had to close my eyes a couple of times.
I also realized what a terrible homebody I am. Seriously, I'm not a big movie theater fan. I enjoy watching movies at home. I like being able to put a movie on pause if I have to go to the bathroom. I enjoy rewinding a movie if I missed what they said and I really enjoy laying on my sofa with my very soft blue blanket that Bossman got me for Christmas. Plus, I don't worry about having to be quiet.
It's no wonder I never go to the movies....I only went to ONE movie in 09, yet this week, I went to 2 movies.
Chances are....I won't go again this year!
Written while ignoring laundry by::
It's almost Friday and your son will be home. I don't care to go to the movies, either. I go very seldom. I'd rather watch at home. I don't do 3D very well.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your family.
I am glad I am not alone in the no movie thing. There too loud, you can't talk, you can't get up to get a drink or go to the restroom without missing something. I agree with you Grace on the couch with a blanket and the remote Is PERFECT! And if someone else happen to have done the laundry for that week even better! Enjoy time with your son all too soon he will be a dreaded teen!
ReplyDeleteC
Grace, I'm afraid breast cancer is the most common form of cancer, so common even men get it, rarely, but it happens.
ReplyDeleteHaving only one usable eye 3D doesn't work for me, it didn't work for me the first time either.
I caught the speech at 3 AM this morning, some of it anyway.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Thank you for the warning about 'Avatar' in 3D. Mr. Smith has been talking about seeing that movie for a couple of weeks now, but I've been resisting. I'm not much of a movie goer either. I prefer the comfort of my living room where I can put my feet up, pause the action when I need a potty break, and holler at the screen when something strikes me as particularly holler worthy.
ReplyDeleteJames Cameron left me feeling soggy after 'Titanic' so it doesn't surprise me that 'Avatar' would make me seasick.
The State of the Union address, yeah. I asked Mr. Smith if there are springs in all the chairs occupied by Congress. He thought it was more likely cue cards. My fantasy is that one of these days a president is going to stand at the podium and say, "My fellow Americans, the state of the Union is a colossal mess. I'm sorry." and then exit stage left.
As for everyone having what you have, or knowing someone who has it, I think it's all relative to your state of awareness.
Live your life, fully, and with love and joy!!
Well, I'd best get at the laundry I'm ignoring.
*hugs*
CeeCi
Just a quick Hi! I am still praying for you and yes, don't you hate new identities when you didn't choose them? My little guys just planning his departure for good. Can't even think about missing him now. Loved the movie & for some reason (cuz I have to have dramamine for the coasters now... I didn't get sick lol! Enjoy your reunion! Yeah it is tomorrow! Hugs Grace!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you honey, keep positive! xxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDelete