limbo

So much is going on in my life right now....where should I begin?

I could start out by telling you what's going on with the cancer. That could be a good place to begin...

I could tell you how my daughter got fired from her job and then found another in less than a week. Yep, I could tell you about that.....

I could tell you how Bossman won a trip to Hawaii. Now, that is a good story.....

I could tell you how Bossman took me to Santa Monica for Valentines day and we ate at the same resturant that we ate at with PK, Ceeci and Eva....

I could even tell you about the newest member of our family.....we broke down and got a dog!

Yes, it seems I have a lot of places I could begin.....

I think I'll begin by saying how great you guys are! I've gotten emails and comments from you all and they have been so uplifting. I love getting little notes just telling me that you are thinking of me. How cool is that? Someone is thinking of me! Little ole' me! I'd like to thank you all for stopping by and sending me some love....it's greatly appreciated!

Now, let's just get the cancer stuff out of the way. I've been healing nicely. Wearing a bra 24/7 is NOT fun at all! I was extremely uncomfortable. I'm able to sleep without one now and can I just say it's been heaven! Since the surgery, I've been waiting on a test to determine whether or not I'll need chemo. The test is four thousand dollars, if the insurance doesn't pay. Mine paid! YAY for my insurance. I know that health insurance companies get a bad rap but you know what? I am SOOOOOO grateful to have health insurance and I'm even more grateful that mine has paid for everything so far. I think the only thing I've had to pay was a 20 dollar co-pay. How lucky am I? I can't imagine having to go through this without my insurance.

I've been in limbo since the surgery waiting for this test and TODAY....today I got the results! The test is either low, medium or high. If you get a high, you need chemo because the chances of the cancer coming back or being in other parts of your body is high. If you get a medium, you have to make a choice and it's a tough one. You have to decide if you want to take the chance. You don't have to have the chemo, but it's a risk. If you get low...well, I think you can probably guess, this means you probably don't have to have chemo.

Mine came back....(drum roll please......)



LOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ok, I'm very excited....but....and there is always a butt...right?

My surgeon is the one that called me with the news. She says she thinks I won't need chemo BUT, I still have to see the oncologist. He will crunch the numbers.....yes, I'm serious....it's all numbers, and then tell me what he thinks about the chemo. So, she (my surgeon) doesn't know for sure, but the test is LOW.....so that is a good thing. NO, wait....that's a GREAT thing!

So, today I celebrate the news and stand confident that whatever happens, it's going to be OK!

As for all the other stuff I have to tell you.....that's going to have to wait until later...I've got celebrating to do!

I promise I'll be back soon with details and maybe even a pic or two of our new girl.

Celebrate with me today! Do something nice for yourself!

Written while ignoring laundry by::
post signature

16 comments:

  1. !!!!! Y E S !!!!!

    That's the most awesome thing I've heard all day!!!

    Thank you on the low down about being LOW!!!

    So, what did you order at the restaurant where we all ate? You know we were all there with you! One of my favorite ever pictures of Mr. Smith and me was taken when we were all there for dinner. I think Bossman took it.

    Now that I think about it, I got some rather nice shots of the two of you. Watch your email.

    *hugs*
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Ok since I have your permission to celebrate vicariously through you I think I will go shopping and eat a hot fudge sunday!! Grace I am so very happy for you, Thank God for strength, and answered prayers.

    You go Girl!!!!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo relieved! Thank you for posting, sweetie!

    Hugs,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. And a trip to Hawaii?!?! I can tell you that's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, such terrific news, I pray that the oncologists' number crunching agrees with your surgeon.
    I wish you joy with your new companion, I've had dogs most of my life, I wouldn't be without them.
    Keep getting better dear girl.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been so happy to have a low down friend!! I did the happy dance when I read this and I would like to continue dancing so lets hear about Wildchild's job, trips to Hawaii and new pets.

    CeeCi we were there in spirit for sure but I want to get to see everybody physically - get a few more pictures and have another shopping trip - and celebrate everyone's good health in person!!! Soon I hope.

    Grace, keep up the good work. I hope the numbers are crunching well and you can put this little adventure behind you!!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three cheers, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, that's really great news Grace.

    I'll raise a glass or two tonight in celebration.

    I'd love to see some pics of the new addition.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace,
    I've been keeping you in my thoughts and have been popping in daily. The news was good. Your post was upbeat. I'm so glad.

    Hugs,

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeahhh! Never thought you'd be so happy to get a low score on a test did you! ;-) Sounds like you're doing a great job living life while you do all this - good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeahhh! Never thought you'd be so happy to get a low score on a test did you! ;-) Sounds like you're doing a great job living life while you do all this - good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace you have had a busy week. I'm am so estatic about your results! Yeah you are low!

    I'm also glad you got to get rid of that ole bra! Yuck! I hate them!

    But I love you! You're never far from my thoughts!

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy to read about your good news. I've been gone a long time and didn't even know about the cancer. Take care.
    Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very glad that you received good news


    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am pleased that now you have the results, you feel confident. I was sure God held you in His arms from the start.... So, PRAISE GOD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS. And may He bless you richly, though I am thinking the trip to Hawaii is riches enough....(just jealous, haha!)
    Hugs, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great News Grace! Keeping you in my prayers till everything is settled. (Huggss)
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grace, This is awesome news!!! Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete