Let me be honest. This coughing is driving me bananas! If my bladder isn't completely empty, I end up with a little squirt in my panties. (Was that TMI????) Stupid coughing.
So, the other night, I got up to use the potty. It was around midnight and Bossman wasn't in bed yet. I used the potty and stood up. I started to walk to the sink, cuz, you know, I gotta wash my hands, when I had a major coughing fit. I coughed really hard when suddenly.......
OMG!
The worst back pain I've ever had shot through my body.
It felt like lightening had struck my lower back. I thought I was going to fall down, but I managed to grab the sink counter. But there was a problem.
I couldn't MOVE! Oh my goodness, the pain was incredible and I couldn't MOVE. All I could do was stand there.
I tried calling for Bossman but there were a couple of things against me. One was, the door was closed and our house is big. The second thing was, the little mans room is between my room and the living room where Bossman was. The third thing was, the bathroom window was open and I didn't want to alarm the neighbors.
So, there I was, trapped in my own bathroom by my own back. I knew I needed a life alert bracelet. It was a "I've fallen and can't get up" moment!
I couldn't even take my hands off the counter. BUT, I finally managed to push the door open. I was standing right next to it, so I just had to take my hands off the counter. Once I got the door open, I gave a loud shout to
Bossman and I prayed that he would hear me. He did! Finally. It must have been 5 minutes before I was able to get his attention. He says he barely heard me and thought it was coming from outside but decided to investigate. Thank goodness he did.
Once he found me, it was quite a trick getting me to the bed. After trying a chair, (sitting...not an option) and trying various other ways, it was determined that the only way I was making it to the bed was to crawl.
~sigh~ That's right....I said CRAWL! As in, on my hands and knees.
After that humiliating trip across the floor, I managed to get myself halfway on the bed. With my legs dangling off, Bossman was able to get the rest of me on the bed. After a few flips, (him, flipping me..LOL) I was securely on my side of the bed, face up. I was glad I had just got to the potty, for getting back to the bedroom was not going to be fun.
Heating pad and massage helped, then we just went to sleep. When I woke around 6am, I was able to move better and get myself out of bed. Today it's still sore, but I'm able to move and walk.
Everytime I cough now, I get worried. I have to brace myself and try not to cough to hard.
Seriously? Am I suppose to be this frail at the age of 42??? GAH!
Well, let's move on the Friday fill-ins....On Saturday!
1. Wow, it's already Saturday.
2. Spanked behinds are beautiful.
3. My favorite way to start a day is cuddling with Bossman before a spanking and after.
4. I would be very surprised if he came home and he walked in the door holding a pumpkin.
5. I look out my window and see tall pine trees in my back yard.
6. Spanking is what I've been thinking about lately. And bad back or not....I want one!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making cookies with the little man, tomorrow my plans include watching the nascar race with Bossman and Sunday, I want to make sure Bossman fixes my toilet!
Written while ignoring laundry by::
Ahhh... Grace, that really sucks about your back. That sounds intense. I am the same place as you with the cold. Feeling better but still with that cough. And no, lets not talk about full bladders and coughing or sneezing. It's just sad.
ReplyDeleteOf course I'm a hundred years older than you but I think it has something to do with having had children. At least I'm blaming it on them.
Hope you feel better really soon.
Hugs,
PK
Grace: Hope you're feeling better and that bad back or not, you get the spanking you want and need.
ReplyDeleteFD
Hi, Grace, so sorry about your back problems, how awful! Bless you, hope you feel better soon. Thought I would do the fill ins too! xxx
ReplyDelete1. Wow, it's going to be Christmas soon!!!
2. Davey thinks I am beautiful.
3. My favorite way to start a day is hearing my darling Davey say, "Good Morning, Angel, I love you..."
4. I knew he was off his rocker when he walked in the door holding a pumpkin.
5. I look out my window and see the moon, and I smile because Davey is looking at the same moon, so it makes me feel closer to him because we are looking at the same thing at the same time....
6. Being with my husband is what I've been thinking about lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to(?) work, tomorrow my plans include work, and Sunday, I want to try to complete the week's work so I am not dealing with a backlog of work on Monday!
Grace, sorry to hear this, hope that you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
Grace, hope your back is fine now.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ronnie
xx
You should go to your doctor and get something for the cough. Like cough medicine. You may have bronchitis, which could turn into pneumonia. A cough that lasts more than a few days needs to be checked out. Please don't put it off. Hope you feel better soon. And I hope your back is better soon too. hmmm the doctor could help there too.. LOL
ReplyDeleteC
You should go to your doctor and get something for the cough. Like cough medicine. You may have bronchitis, which could turn into pneumonia. A cough that lasts more than a few days needs to be checked out. Please don't put it off. Hope you feel better soon. And I hope your back is better soon too. hmmm the doctor could help there too.. LOL
ReplyDeleteC
Sounds like you had a great weekend planned. Hope that toilet got fixed.MMM Making cookies is fun.
ReplyDelete