Bossman has a nice car. It's a sports car and it stands out. People take notice. People comment and point at his car wherever he goes.
I dented it.
It all happened Saturday. We were headed out the door to a funeral. Bossman was taking his car because he had to be there to run the sound system and I had to take the little man to a friends house. We headed out at the same time but Bossman couldn't find his garage door opener. He had pulled his car out onto the driveway and was looking for the opener.
I thought he had left.
I backed out of the garage. And smacked right into his car.
I didn't look out of the mirror. Well, I take that back, I didn't look out of ALL the mirrors. The driveway is at an angle and the way his car was parked, I couldn't see it out the rearview mirror. Had I looked out of the side mirror, I would have seen him.
Stupid, stupid, stupid!
This car is Bossman's pride and joy. He loves this car....sometimes I think he loves it more than me! (Not really) So needless to say, he was quite unhappy with me.
Let's just say, unhappy is an understatement. He was out and out PISSED!
Now, I don't blame him for being mad. I was pretty mad at myself and I was helpless to fix it. I hate that! All I really wanted to do was go back in time and make sure I looked out of my mirrors. GAH!
Anway, he zoomed off to the funeral and I took the little man to his friends. When I got to the funeral, I knew I wasn't going to be sitting with him because he was working the sound system. So, I sat through the service by myself. Not only was I sad that my friend passed away, I was pretty sad that I had ruined Bossmans car and I KNEW he wasn't going to talk to me. I knew he was going to be really mad. And I KNEW there was nothing I could do to fix it.
After the funeral, I cornered Bossman in one of the classrooms and I tried to apologize. He wasn't ready to hear it. He said he knew it was an accident, but he didn't want to talk about it. I was in tears, but there was nothing I could do except let him go on his way.
Needless to say, Saturday night was tense in our house. We stayed in opposites sides of the house. Sunday, wasn't much better....but by the evening we were at least hanging out in the same rooms.
All I really wanted was for him to forgive me. I knew it would happen, but the waiting was horrible. I was so sad and angry at myself, I didn't really know what to do.
Monday Bossman came home for lunch. I offered to fix him something and he cornered me in the pantry and gave me a hug. I think it's the best hug I ever got. I got a little teary. He said he forgave me. I told him how sorry I was.
Things were still a little awkward. I didn't know how I should act or be.
Monday night, I was doing the dishes and he came over and kissed me. It was raw and passionate and it was....
Well, it was the beginning of make-up sex.
And if you want to know about it...you'll have to wait until tomorrow. I've got laundry to do!
In case you were wondering, spanking was mentioned and I'm pretty sure the next time we are completely alone, I'll be getting my bottom dented.....just like I did to his car! :(
Written while ignoring laundry by::
Awww, Grace, I'm sorry. It sucks when we do things we can't put right, and I think we hurt more when we know we are truly in the wrong and we have hurt those we love. That will be a healing spanking...you will feel so much better after it; well, all of you except your bottom.... xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteYou know, it's not like you did it intentionally. It was an accident. If he cares about you more than the car (and it seems he does with all that mushiness) I'm sure he'll handle it to both of your satisfactions.
ReplyDeleteYou could probably use a guilt-cleansing "application" of his love. And he could probably stand to administer a playful (but painful) paddling to release some of the resentment he might feel. That'll clear the air for good.
But punishment? Ah, you feel bad enough.
Yikes! I've been there too! I backed out of our garage without looking in the side mirror and hit Nick's friend's truck because I didn't know it was there. I didn't get spanked, but they were BOTH pretty pissed at me! I'm glad Bossman's not mad any more!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tracy
It's bad enough when you mess something up and you can fix it. I hate doing things I can't fix. You just have to give them the time they need to be MAD. You know they'll get over it and they know it too but it takes a little time. Glad you're feeling forgiven, and looking forward to you feeling a little sore too. Provided you share details!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
Grace, not a nice situation, I'm glad it's being sorted.
ReplyDeleteIf a little heat applied to a suitable place will clear the air, then go for it.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
I think bossman had to accept some culpability here. You thought he was gone. He should have let you know he was there. Yes now you will always check your side mirrors. But he knew you were leaving soon so he should have been more careful. I submitt to the jury that my client is not fully to blame and should therefore received a reduced sentence. good luck Grace the jury is still out deliberating... LOL
ReplyDeletehugs,
C
Thank you all for your support. It was a rough weekend.
ReplyDeleteC...as much as I'd love to give some of the reponsiblity to Bossman...it wasn't his fault.
I knew he WAS there...I just thought he had driven away. As it was, he wasn't even in the car...so frankly, had I looked in the mirror, I would have seen him standing there. I'm just lucky I didn't hit him.
But, good try! I like your thinking.
And that spanking??? Yeah, it's still on the agenda. He mentioned it again last night and doesn't sound like it's going to be much fun. :(
Oh well, that's life.