pink stuff

I KNOW, I know, I said I wasn't going to mention BC month.  I can't help it.  This is really annoying me.

Do you know how many pink things there are out there for us to buy?  All under the guise that the money is going to breast cancer research.

Holy pink crap Batman....there is a lot of stuff out there.

Let me give you some examples.

I saw an ad for a breast cancer doll.  She's wearing a cute pink dress with a pink bc ribbon on it.  I also saw and I kid you NOT....pink baby leg warmers.  For real babies.  With pink ribbons on it.......

Also, in the grocery store....pink ribbon razors, pink ribbon soup and in the bakery isle?  Cookies with pink ribbon sprinkles on them.

Not to mention the pink ribbon candles for your mantle.

There are shoes, journels, hats and pins.  Picture frames, lunch coolers and baby booties.  Purses, slippers, flip-flops and ear rings!  I even saw pink ribbon candy.

The list is endless people.  I think people put pink ribbons on stuff, just to sell it.  I'm wondering how much money ACTUALLY gets to the breast cancer research. 

I admit, I have some pink stuff.  I have a hat that was D's.  It's pink and it has a pink ribbon on it.  It's sparkley and it was one of D's favorites.  My mom bought me a diamond pink ribbon pendent for me to wear while going through radiation treatment.  AND, I have a rubber pink bracelet that says "save the ta-tas", that my neice gave me and I wear it every day.

Don't get me wrong, I love pink.  I think you've seen my template here have pink on it a lot.  Pink was the color of my wedding.  I just wonder if we've taken the whole pink ribbon thing too far?  How much of the money is actually going to breast cancer research and how much of this stuff has a pink ribbon on it so you will THINK you are contributing?

So, let's just say.... I'm so grateful that there is research being done and there is so much awareness out there.  If not, I might not be here right now.  I guess I shouldn't complain.  Really, I should do my part and buy more stuff with pink ribbons...right?

I think I'll start with this pink vibrator!




Written while ignoring laundry by::
post signature

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar thought when BF was watching football this Sunday and many of the players were wearing pink things...wouldn't it just be better if the league wrote a nice big check instead of outfitting all the players with pink shoes and chin guards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep if you find pink stuff you want - go for it. Otherwise give your money to the American Cancer Society.

    But that pink vibrator, that's a good buy!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy as much or a little pink stuff you want to but the pink vibrator, definitely.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I agree with PK,buy as much pink as you wish, but give money to a genuine cancer charity.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete