Time for a change

I hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine was good.  It was sad to take the young man back to school, but on the other hand, it's an awful lot of work when he's around.  There is more dishes, more food to buy and WAY more laundry!  I feel like I can be on vacation now that he's back at school.

Things have been ok between Bossman and I.  I feel like we are falling into the same patterns as before, but it's so hard when the house is full.  The wildchild is gone for the night, so I'm wondering what will happen tonight.  I don't have any expectations.  Honestly, I had a bad night last night, sleep wise, so I don't imagine that I'm going to be up to anything crazy.

I know I told you all that my dad died in November.  If you read back then, you'll know the story of my sister taking care of him, moving him to our area and all that.  I had no relationship with him and so that was fine that she did all that, it was her choice.  Why she chose to take care of a man she hardly knew, someone who didn't take care of either of us....it's beyond me.  I can't figure it out, but it was her choice. 

Rather than go back and see if I already told you this, I'm just going to tell you what she did after the death.....

See, the man had no money, no insurance, no nothing.  So, my sister took to facebook to ask people for money so she could get him cremated.  You don't know how hard it was to watch people give her such sympathy and money.  Most of her friends don't know the history, so of course, they would be sympathetic to anyone that lost a parent.

FYI, if a person dies without means to cremate them, our county will do it and they just take the ashes to the ocean.  Had I been in charge, I would have let them do that!  Instead, my sister raised 1500 dollars to cremate him. 

And then.....

AND THEN!!!!!

She had the gall to make a necklace out of his ashes......

~sigh~

The necklace is big....and gaudy.  AND then, as if that wasn't enough......

GAH, I can't even begin to tell you how annoying she is.....

Anyway, she didn't tell me any of this.  I found out about the necklace from my mother.  My mother found out from my brother.  My brother (who has a different father) found out from his fiancee.  Guess how the fiancee found out. 

The fiancee is a teacher.  She teaches at the same school that my sisters son goes to.  After my brother proposed to her, she saw my sister at school and they stopped to chat.  The fiancee showed my sister the engagement ring.  My sister thought this was a GREAT time to show off her new necklace.

Yep....

It played out a  little like this:  Sister:  Oh A! Congrats on the engagement.  Let's see the ring.

A: Holds out her hand for sister to look at ring.

Sister: Oh, did you see my new necklace?  It's my fathers ashes!

Cue the music: Dum dum duuuuuummmmmmm................

A few weeks later there was an engagement party for my brother.  I just found out from my mother that she got the necklace. 

We are at the party chatting and I'm looking at my sister and she's got all dolled up, She had a big green necklace, kinda looked like an emerald on her neck.  Not really thinking......

I almost said something about the necklace.  You know, like nice necklace....something like that but right before the words came out of my mouth, I remembered!  OMG, she's wearing my fathers ashes around her neck like a beacon at my brothers engagement party.

In that moment, I wanted to rip the necklace right off her neck and stomp all over it!  Of course, I didn't.  I didn't say a thing.  I just walked away and stayed away from her the rest of the party.  BUT...I could see others that didn't know, commenting to her about her necklace. 

WAY to put the focus on YOU, sister! 

Honestly, am I the only one that thought that was the rudest most disrespectful thing she could have done?  Who makes a necklace of their fathers ashes when their father didn't even take care of them?  She only saw him 4 times in her life, up until the time she moved him out here.  ~sigh~  Some people are just weird!

Oh, by the way, do you like the change around here?  I was really ready for a change.  I hope you like it.

grace

13 comments:

  1. I do like your changes. Very pretty, but I did like the picture on you old lay out too. Now how Bossman came from his mother and you and your sister could have been raised by the same mother seems just crazy to me. Sister, now she is a real head scratcher. I wouldn't bother to even try to understand - I mean would you really WANT to crawl around in her head, I'd stay out and spend you time on getting closer to Bossman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I loved my picture and wanted a template that incorperated it, but nothing but the old template would work. I really only changed it because I wanted to be able to reply like I'm doing now, and I couldn't do that with my other template. I think it was too customized to work with that feature!

      Delete
  2. Everyone has there own path. I would not try to understand it. I loved the sophistocated style of your old look and the softness of the new water color pastels... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I changed it again! For some reason, the template wouldn't come out right when I was looking on my Ipad. It was just pink! I love pink, but I was trying to get away from the pink stuff.

      So, no water color pastels! But I think I like these hearts!

      Oh, and I will not even try to understand my sister! She walks to the beat of her own drummer!

      Delete
    3. I like the hearts...and the red and pink...

      Delete
  3. I do like the change although the old one was pretty good to.

    Your sister is an attention seeker and almost always those types of people are terribly insecure. Don't let her annoy you, just let her be her and you be you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is an attention seeker! I try not to give the attention she wants!

      Delete
  4. I don't know why your sister is doing what she is doing. You know her better than we do. If you are very surprised by her behavior, rather than "there she goes again", then maybe it is something deeply emotional for her. Many people grieve deeply over a relationship that they wished that they had had with a parent, rather than the relationship they actually had. It's like once that parent dies, that finalizes that the relationship was NEVER gonna be what they had wished for. It's a desire brought on by love they have for a parent just because it's their parent and you're "suppose to" love your parent, even though that love was never returned. I don't know your sister, so read this with knowledge of that. I hope that this doesn't cause a wedge between two sisters who do truely love each other. God bless you and all you love, -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right! I hadn't thought about it from that side....

      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I'm always OK with changes, although I did wonder where I had arrived. Fortunately your little picture reminded me.

    I'm curious what will happen with the necklace when the news-value is over.
    Will it then still be of any emotional value to her?
    Future will learn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes change is good! I felt like it was time for a new start!

      I'm interested to see what happens to the necklace too!

      Delete
  6. Ronnie...I don't know what happened to your comment.

    You are right! I can't let her get to me!

    ReplyDelete