30 years and counting

Last week I had the doc appointment.  I knew he was going to suggest a hysterectomy and I was right!  I’ve finally stopped bleeding and feel like a normal human again.  There is no real sign of cancer, so there is no rush to get this surgery.  My uterus is large and they feel they will probably have to cut me open to take it out, instead of laperscopicly.  So, that will cause more recovery time.

I am going to wait and see what my body is going to do.  If I go through another month like last month, I will have the surgery.  I just can’t live like that.  We shall see...

In other news...

Bossman and I are celebrating 30 years of marriage today.

Seems like only yesterday!

Honestly, we have had an epic life together.  We’ve had our share of ups and downs, for sure, but seriously, I can’t believe how far we’ve come.  Just looking back on this blog makes me see how far we’ve come.  I wrote many a post on how poor we were, how terrible our cars were, how crazy my daughter was, I mean, it’s just crazy!  My daughter is a lovely married woman now.  Our financial situation is so much better!  We don’t have to eat top ramen for dinner anymore.  Our cars are, well lets just say, tomorrow, Bossman is picking up his exotic car.  Never in a million years did we think that would happen.

Life has blessed us beyond measure.  Sure it’s nice to have financial security, but my kids will tell you that they never knew how poor we were back then.  We had the time of our lives.  We had so much fun together, we still do.  Although Bossman has been very successful in his career, and that is a huge accomplishment, raising our kids to be amazing humans is by far our best and most amazing accomplishment.

What is the secret to 30 years, you ask?  A whole lot of luck.  We were so lucky to stick this thing out together.  Others may have given up.  For some reason, neither of us gave up. We were lucky to have such great kids.  We were lucky when Bossman got this job, 16 years ago.  The guy that hired him said that a resume’ like his usually ended up in the trash but for some reason he decided to give him a chance.  If that wasn’t luck, I don’t know what is.  There is also love.  There has always been a whole  lot of love in our family.  Also Faith.  We have our faith in God and our faith in each other.  Without those, we wouldn’t have made it.

So here we are, 30 years and counting. It’s been quite a trip and I can’t wait to see where else it takes us!

Happily married,
grace

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a journey you have had. I hope that the next 30 are filled with lots of love and laughter. I hope that your body listens to your brain and behaves. It is no fun having these kind of problems. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to have a blog where you can look back and see your journey?It's easy to see it's been a wonderful journey for you both and since you were babies when you married, another thirty isn't out of the question!

    ReplyDelete