I think the little man had the longest birthday EVER!! I am so SICK of cake that I may be throwing up cake for the next three days.
All in all, it was very successful.
So, Thursday was the beginning of the longest weekend EVER. Our town was having a rodeo. All the third-graders from here to Timbuktu got to attend the rodeo Thursday morning. Guess who went along as a chaperon? It was hot, it was LOUD, but it was fun!
That evening was the first of the birthday parties. See, around these parts, we have to have separate parties for the grandparents. My MIL is not someone that is fun to be around. We prefer keeping our parties separate so we can keep the peace. So, Thursday night we had pizza with my side of the family. My Mom bought the little man a new bike, he got various other presents that only a nine year old would appreciate. We also had CAKE. First night of cake, yum, yum. Did I mention we had about a 1/4 of the cake left?
Friday was the big day. It was his "official" birthday. Of course I had to do my motherly duty and bring cupcakes to his class. We had a nice little family gathering on this day and gave him the presents from us. New skateboard, mp3 player and video games, were the big dreams for this birthday, and trust me, we delivered all three. Since there was plenty of cake from the previous two events, we had that. Cake...yum!
Saturday was the day we had the MIL and fam over. The wildchild made a cake for the little man. Mind you, we had cupcakes and birthday cake left over from the previous days. Still, cake and ice cream were in order. Presents from this day included ANOTHER video game and knee pads and elbow pads for the skateboard. Oh, the cake was great, but again, there is a LOT left. Cake...I think I'm getting sick now.
Sunday was the party with his little friends. Oh the joy of giving a birthday party for a bunch of 9 year old boys. First they went on the trampoline. THEN they decided to have a gun fight. See, my little man has just about every Nerf gun that they sell. The ones that shoot the Nerf bullets. So the boys decided to split up into 2 teams and have a gun battle. Bossman decided they were not going to use bullets, so it had to be on the honor system. The wildchild even got on a team. As chaotic as the whole things sounds, they all had a great time. Bossman referred the whole thing, telling them when they were "out".
Of course I bought the wonderful game of "pin the tale on the donkey". We had a load of fun playing that. We had the kid in the blindfold turn around to music, while the rest of the boys had to dance. Pretty funny.
Hotdogs and chips were on the menu for the day. And then, guess what was next? Yep, CAKE!
Oh please, someone take this cake away from me now!
Presents were a plenty and the Little Man has more money than I do now.
When the party was over all I could do was collapse! I was SOOO happy the birthday was officially over. Never in my life was I so happy to have a birthday be OVER!!!
All in all, I would say this birthday was a great success! Next year will be much more subdued due to the wildchild graduating the same week as his birthday. I'm sure by then I'll be ready for some more CAKE!!
Anybody want some cake??
Well first of all I want you guys for parents! Or at least can you be in charge of my birthday next year!
ReplyDeleteAs for the cake, go out of town for a couple of days. I promise you it will be gone when you get back!
He's a lucky little boy, and you are a lucky (and wonderful) mom!
Huggs
Theresa
Did someone say "cake?" Does that mean party? At Graces? Well okay then. I'm in!!!!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs~
Eva
Grace I would love some cake but not the hours in the gym it would take to work it off!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that the birthday and the birthday and the birthday went well!
Hugs,
PK
Grace, did somebody say CAKE! I remember my sixth birthday they took my tonsils out, a cake was baked,this was in 1941 in a time of deep rationing, so cake was very special, and I wasn't allowed any, one very sad six year old, with a very painful throat.
ReplyDeleteSo next time your little guy has a birthday, invite me, I'll help you eat the cakes. *G*
Warm hugs,
Paul.
PS this is a true story!!!
Freeze the rest of the cake! Cut into sections first, and you can take out usable amounts as wanted, later on, when you aren't sick of cake. Paul, what a sad story, and what horrible timing--cake when you had to have your tonsils out.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you both,
Kallisto
Sounds like an awesome weekend! I'm with Kallisto! Freeze it! We had too many cookies at christmas and we're having a "Christmas in June Party" where we're going to eat christmas cookies! :-) Of course, you have to have freezer space for that! Otherwise... invite some of those friends back over and send them home on a BIG SUGAR HIGH!
ReplyDeleteCarye
Hey, my neighbor's b'day is today. I'll grab you a couple of slices of CAKE!
ReplyDelete~Hugs and belated Happy B'day to the little guy! (Although 9 really isn't little anymore!)
I'm with Theresa - what great parents! I never thought before that troublesome relatives could actually make life BETTER for a child, LOL
ReplyDeleteHuggs,
Reesa