The wildchild is holding her own, but she is miserable. She can't talk, can't swallow and eat. She is having a real hard time just taking her meds.
She doesn't even want to swallow her spit. She says standing up makes her light-headed and dizzy.
Of course, all of this is completely normal.
The hospital called today to make sure she was ok. They tell me that she is normal and that today will be one of the worst days. They tell me to make her drink. HA, easier said than done, but I'll keep trying.
Thanks again for all the well-wishes. I really appreciate it. A LOT!
I forgot to mention the best part of the whole surgery. The wildchild and I were in the pre-op room waiting for them to take her in. One of the nurses came in and asked for her mother. DUH? I'm the mother! Oh, she said she thought I was her sister!
Yippee for me. I told her she was my favorite person EVER and could we be best friends? LOL
Well, the wildchild doesn't want to watch movies and I just sent Bossman and the little man to the baseball game, so I guess I have some free time.
Opps, scratch that, the wildchild is banging on the wall. I guess I need to put my nurses hat back on!
later......
Oh Grace I wish I were there to help. Sorry that I can't be, but here is my old nurse's cap. You need it more than me. Get better soon Wildchild!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Sounds like things are coming along. She'll be better in no time. In the meantime, if it was my teenage daughter who couldn't talk.... well, hey, ask PK how she would feel if Molly were unable to talk for a day or two. I know, under other circumstances that might be funny. Poor kid. Give her a bell to ring so she doesn't break her knuckles beating on the wall.
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva
Hey Grace. I'm just making my rounds (finally) after illness and vacation. I love the new template. I'm really into the bright, clean look these days.
ReplyDeleteHad I known about the surgery I'd have been wishing your wildchild well, so now that I've missed all the excitement, I wish you both a speedy recovery!
I remember when my (then) 22-yr-old son moved home 2 summers ago after he'd had a bad accident. It's tough to see them hurting, isn't it?
Listen, about that nurse that thought you were the sister... I think you should buy her flowers or something - she's a real prize!
The long lost... suzy
Grace you had to tell me this. Do you know how many times I have been mistaken for Mollies grandmother. It never really bothered me but it would make Mollie furious!
ReplyDeleteKids are no fun when when they really are really feeling bad, I mean you can't yell at them or anything. I hope you will be able to yell at her soon.
Hugs,
PK
Sister? Sister? MUST BE NICE!!! I got asked if I was the grandma twice with my kids now! I don't look that old!!! Hope you can enjoy watching the game and some quite time. Hope wildchild is able to sleep and get plenty of relaxing recovery time. Tomorrow will be better!
ReplyDeleteCarye
Grace, Tell the Wildchild hello from me and she should get better today.
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
Sister Wow...and a silent teenager too, Don't worry she'll be back to her old self in no time!!!
ReplyDeleteGrace, now that is a boost, sister. *G*
ReplyDeletePoor girl, not being able to talk, I do hope that she feels better soon.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Awww, hope your lil sis is feeling better today Grace! Before you know it, you'll be wishing for that silence again. *g*
ReplyDelete~Hugs!