We're home!

Surgery went well. Other than having to wait for an hour before a nurse even came to get us from the waiting room, everything else was quick and smooth.

She is a real trooper. She's sleeping now. The pain is worse than she thought it would be, but that was to be expected. The Doc told us it would be worse than you thought.

So, the guys are going to the game tomorrow! I will stay home and watch movies with my wildchild. I just came home from the store with pudding, Popsicles, jello, yogurt smoothies and ice cream! I think the clerk thought I was just a LITTLE snack happy.

Thank you all for your well wishes. They mean a lot to me! I'm just glad it's over!


Paul, I can't believe you didn't get to eat cake on your birthday. 6 years old is an important age. How could they schedule surgery the same day as your birthday! MEAN I tell ya, just MEAN!



Love ya Paul!

10 comments:

  1. OK you bought all the right things! Please please tell me you got pain meds? If not send me the doc's name and number immediately! Don't worry about the meds, give them freely so the wildchild will drink, drink, drink!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went so well! Glad you're home; I thought about you both today. :)

    Ditto on the pain meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to the Wildchild. Although, mommy time and ice cream don't sound like a bad way to spend some time. Given, of course, that pain meds will be involved.

    And see? You now have a reason to fink out on the exercising!

    Hugs to you, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo glad yo are home! It is always good to have a surgery behind you! The snacks were a great idea for tomorrow. Did you get anything for the Wildchild to eat?? Please keep us informed on how she is doing okay?

    And I second the happy 6th birthday to Paul. Paul you need to order yourself the very best cake you can think of and picture all of us there with you sharing it! We love you!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear everything went well, Grace! And I love your blog's new look! Sorry I was late getting here to see it...

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? No Cheetos for mom? So glad it's over finally. I know you've been through a lot and that WC has probably been through more. Not a fun way to spend summer vacation!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!! I'm glad the surgery is over and everything went well!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Hmmmm yep you need some snacks for the wildchild too!

    And Paul! HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, there are pain meds involved! But her throat is too sore to want to take them. Now the nausea has kicked in as well. The pain meds make her feel nauseas so I think we are just going to have to give it some time.

    I'm still making her take the meds. She just needs extra coaxing!

    Hopefully, tomorrow will be better!

    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! Every single one of them was heard!

    Love ya all!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, good news, be strong about pain meds for the Wildchild, they will help.
    Soon she will recover and put it all behind her.
    Thank you for the reminders, don't forget this was 1941 and Great Britain was being blockaded, but I did get ice cream, at the time only available in hospitals.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope WildChild is resting easier today. Too bad the pain meds are making her feel yuckier. At least it's over and she'll be feeling better soon.

    ciao bellas~
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete