Life goes on

Thank you all for your amazing support and advice regarding the wildchild.

Don't worry, she's still alive. Killing her had crossed our minds, but I don't look good in orange or in stripes, so we decided that killing her wasn't such a good idea.

I should mention that she is not really grounded "forever". Forever is a really, really long time, and I can't have her around this house forever, she's already driving me crazy!

School starts on the 15th of August. Not only that, but most of her friends are on vacation anyway and aren't even around. The so-called-friend that she got drunk with hasn't even bothered to call or come by and see how my daughter is. Guess she isn't really that good of a friend.

Bossman and I are fine. We are getting along great. We don't really agree with how things should have been handled. He thinks we should be really really harsh with her, and I don't. So we have compromised.

The only thing that worries me is that he could be just giving in to me and will start resenting me for not being as strict as he would like. It doesn't seem like that is the case, but I do worry about it.

Well, life goes on.....

And on that note, I'd like to ask, why didn't you people warn me that when you get older odd little hairs start growing out of your chin?

I'm serious! If I wasn't a blonde*, I would have a beard! I have hairs that grow out long overnight, and then I have the one little hard gray hair that keeps popping up on my chin.

Is this really what growing old is all about? Is it really about chin hair and big ears and nose?

This growing old crap is really cramping my style. I feel like a little old woman checking her chin every 5 minutes to see if another hair has grown out. Frankly, if I let them grown long enough I could braid them and put a bead in it. Now THAT would be attractive!

*Did you know that blonde is also spelled blond? My spell checker doesn't like it spelled with an "e". But I think it looks weird spelled without.

9 comments:

  1. You know, a person can feel like an idiot sitting in a room all alone and laughing their butt off. Please, someone jump in here and tell me I'm not the only one who about wet their pants on the chin hair thing. Really, Grace, they should have warned us!!! I have just one and I am constantly feeling for it. Drives me nuts.

    I'm so glad things are winding down with the wildchild but I'm even more relieved that you all decided against death for her. You're right. Orange isn't a good color to wear? And horizontal stripes? Yikes!! Who in their right mind ever picked horizontal stripes? I think someone needs to change that to vertical stripes, at least.

    Big hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,
    I did too turn out normal!! I am a spanko aren't I!! So there!

    It is good that things are getting back to normal. How long do you guys go to school there?? You got out after I did and you are going back earlier.

    I am glad you are releived that boys are easier, and they ARE! But what about me?? I still have the girl to get through!

    And one more thing Grace, about the chin hair. Don't give it another thought. Very soon your eyesight will go like mind and you can't see them. It all works our eventually!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! Pk is so damn funny! Its true, Grace, chin hairs do sprout as we age. I think the only cure is electrolysis! Ouch!!! And....as PK says, not to worry because the eyesight goes and you can't see them. That's true. Unfortunately you can feel them and you think everybody else can see them.

    Eva, I burst out laughing when I read the part about the chin hairs.

    This is what really freaks me out. You get up in the morning, no chin hairs in sight. You go shopping or somewhere where you look into a mirror and lo and behold some long witch hair has sprouted. I hate it when that happens. Makes me want to add tweezers to my cosmetic bag. Of course, then I'd need a giant magnified mirror to pluck it!!!!

    Glad life is calmer, Grace. That's a good thing - chin hairs aside!

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chuckles, Grace! See? I told you that it would all be OK!!!!

    The chin hairs... yeah, they suck... I pull mine out with tweezers and if they don't come out easily, they get infected and I look like I have acne... great... a 41-year-old with acne and a beard!

    See? I've got it worse than you... you just have a beard. And you're blonde, or is that blond... I'm a redhead so they definitely show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a relief to read that life has calmed down at your casa. Having once been the proverbial wildchild, it'll pass. I'm glad you didn't murder her. Personally, I love orange, it's one of my happy colors. I wear it when I wake up in a foul mood and it cheers me up.

    I'm thinking maybe the chin hair thing is genetic. I cannot recall any of the women in my immediate family being afflicted with wild facial hair. No, really. I'm sitting here thinking of all of them and I can't come up with one little hair on their chinny, chin, chins.

    I do however have a rogue hair that sprouts every month, one week after my period right next to my nipple. I've been pulling it out monthly since I was 28...persistent cuss.

    Yep, so much to look forward to as you get older. Did this past week make that one chin hair go gray? Oh, and what's up with 'blonde' no 'e' bugs me too!

    ciao bella~
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok! Chin hair? Yuck! I haven't hit that one yet. I guess I'm glad I'm a light red head! (with no temper I'm sure *G*). Grace you are way too funny! I am glad you and bossman have worked it out together. It has got to be hard. I am not looking forward to this type of thing. I know it is probably going to happen with having 4 of them, but I just can't think about it yet.. Maybe when my first is 13 or so! Yeah right... but sometime. I remember making some bad decisions as a kid and I am thankful now that I was caught. I wasn't then though!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still laughing after this one and the comments! I love the idea of the braided chin hairs, for that pirate look? It almost makes me wish I had some! I, too, think it is a genetic thing.
    Hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah, I noticed the "blond/blonde" thing the other day myself. I always spelled it "blonde" but spellcheck doesn't appear to like that spelling, lol!

    And the chin hairs; yep. I have a few persistent ones and I yank them out with tweezers. Good news: eventually (most of the time) they go away altogether after multiple yankings. It might take a few years but they *can* disappear. So yank away! :)

    Here's another little factoid most women don't talk about; your hair "down below"? That continues to "branch out", so to speak. Like an army marching across your thighs and belly, hehehe.

    Oh and I even had a long, almost transparent hair start growing next to one of my nipples, so check there too. You might be surprised to find a couple there. I know, gross. But again, yank them out with tweezers and they'll probably stop growing. Mine did. :) (Okay, TMI, right? lol) ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, do you think that you could put up a ladies only sign.
    It feels like I've walked into a Powder room.
    I won't mention hairs, just say I'm glad that you both have calmed down, it isn't just the colour of prison clothes it's the cut, my dear, you've seen nothing like it. LOL!!!
    At least you are posting again, that can't be bad.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete