So, do you want the good news or the bad news first???
Hmmmm....
Ok, good news first. The wildchild is having the surgery on Tuesday. As in, THIS COMING TUESDAY! Yup, the 31st. Sounds good right?
Now for the bad news.
Bossman had gotten some VIP baseball tickets from a company that he does business with. These would be Dodger tickets. That would be the LA Dodgers against the San Francisco Giants. You know, the Giants with some guy named Barry Bonds, who they are still saying takes steriods, but is only 2 hits away from tying Hank Aarons record for home runs.

Anyway, we've had these tickets and have been planning to go to this game since April. Sounds like good news so far right???
The game is on August 1st.
Yep.
The day after the tonsil surgery.
Guess who doesn't get to go to the game?
With my luck, good ole' Mr. Bonds will break the record at that game.
Seriously people, whoever has the voodoo doll of me and is stabbing me in the heart repeatedly, could you please STOP!

I would appreciate it, very much.
Oh no Grace!!! :(
ReplyDeleteI am so so sorry! :( I wish there was some way around this.
Aww, that's awful! But you're a very good mom for not considering having a friend or relative sit in for you with your daughter! (I think I'd seriously condsider it, myself, though, LOL)
ReplyDeleteHuggs,
Reesa
Could your mom come and stay with the wildchild? I mean... this is THE Mr. Bonds. Okay so I'm an insensitive mom but it wouldn't be neglect or anything.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought!!
Hugs~
Eva
Believe me, the thought crossed my mind to find someone to stay with her.
ReplyDeleteBut how bad would I feel if something medical happened and I wasn't here?
I can't leave her home in pain and have a good time, Mr. Bonds or not. My conscience would never let me have a good time!
Now, about that voodoo doll....
Don't give up those tickets! Our daughter was eating Pizza the same afternoon of her surgery. You may have one ready to eat hotdogs and chips by the next day!
ReplyDeleteCarye
PS: I guess the specialist -- New specialist -- was impressed by the tonsil size!
Not me! Not me! It's not my voodoo doll.
ReplyDeleteHow come our parents didn't tell us about chidren?
*hugs and grins*
David they did tell us! Don't you remember your mom saying "Someday I hope you have a kid just like you!" Or is that a curse mothers only put on their daughters?
ReplyDeleteGrace you could plan on not going but have your mom or someone in the wings if she really is feeling just fine. And I promise if I had you voodoo doll you would be feeling much better!!
Hugs,
PK
Grace, do people STILL use voodoo dolls.*G* I can't understand why you people get so worked up over what WE call a girls game over here. WEG
ReplyDeleteBut seriously, I'm happy that the Wildchild is having the op so quickly and hopeful that she will be well enough that you can enjoy the big match without feeling guilty.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Seriously, Grace, she is going to feel SO much better after the surgery... DON'T give up the tix yet. Have someone on standby, after all, you are only a cell phone away... but really, she is going to feel great by the next day... probably sleep the day away eating ice cream!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
I'm chiming in to give you another "don't give up on the tickets!" She'll be fine the day after surgery. Sleepy from the anesthesia, but fine. I bet you'll be able to go to the game and have a great time!
ReplyDelete