Old Year wrap-up

As most of us do on New Years, I'm thinking back on the year that is finished. As I look back, I can't help but think, "what the hell did I accomplish this year?"

Well, lets see.....

January: I was still sick. I was getting better, but still the sickness was still there. To this day, we are still unclear as to what it was that actually made me sick. Luckily, it wasn't long after the new year started that I was feeling much better. January also brought me to the wonderful world of teenagers-who-don't-give-a-shit-about-school. Yes, January was fun times for one and all.

February: This was the month where I had to decide whether I should beat the wildchild, or simply lock myself in the insane asylum. Actually, it was the month we pulled the wildchild out of school and embarked on independent study program. Turns out, this was the BEST thing we ever did for the wildchild. Oh yeah, I also had a pap smear. Can you say, YUCK?

March: The month of our anniversary. Bossman and I took a little road trip to celebrate the 18 year of our marriage. After returning I found that a party had been held at my place! After sifting through 70 comments (wow) I found out who the culprits were and they were dealt with appropriately. My blog also celebrated it's 3rd anniversay. March was also the month I spoke to these two on the phone for the first time. My my, March was a busy month for me.

April: Ahhhh, April was the month we stole the coffee from Grandma! Just thinking about that mission makes me laugh. You know, she never asked about that coffee? It's still sitting in my cabinet, unused. I should have given it to her from Christmas, it would have made the perfect gift, don'cha think? Also, we got our new car. Ok, it's used, but it's new to us and we LOVE it!

May: I turned 39? Need I say more? Does this mean I will turn 40 this May? I'm gonna have to think long and hard about that one. Well, I guess I should mention that the cutest little angel in the world was born right after I turned 39. I would post a picture of my nephew, but then I would have to poke all your eyes out....or kill you. So, in order to save your eyes and lives, I'll just let you all imagine how cute he really is.

June: My little man turned 9! After celebrating that for 3 hundred weeks, I had nothing to write about. Except the wildchild got her drivers license. June was a fairly boring month. After birthdays, that is.

July: Did I mention that June was boring...cuz really, what WAS I thinking? July 1st had us dealing with the wildchild, ONCE AGAIN! Coming home drunk and stuff....wow, that was REALLY fun. If I could do that again, I so would...NOT! After dealing with that, I then had to jump head first into the wonderful world of HMO's. Oh how I love the HMO! How I would give anything if you ALL could have HMO. For if you did, we could all be in HMO HELL together....it would be fun, trust me.

August: Tonsil surgery! Whoo hoo! If it's not one thing, it's another, when it comes to the wildchild. She really kept me on my toes this summer! Did I mention she's a drama queen? I had to miss the Dodgers to nurse my little wild one back to health. Little did I know that the drama was just beginning and we would end up in the hospital numerous times with her bleeding throat. Fun, fun times.

September: After getting everyone settled into school, I thought life would get boring. THEN the little man broke his elbow in football. THEN we were told it wasn't broken, THEN we were told it was. Long story short, it wasn't.

October: This was the month we find out the MIL has decided to turn muslim. The once, very strict christian decided that christians were evil and she should be muslim. Not that she's ever worshiped with another muslim before. In our house we call it her "internet" religion. Not that I am against muslims...No sirreee, not me. But it's her, it's family, it's just WEIRD!

November: My wildchild turned 17. GAH! When did this happen, and where was I? You turn your back for one second and BLAM, they go and grow up on ya! Sheez....
Hooray for me, I didn't get sick this year on Thanksgiving! I celebrated with the muslim! I wonder if now that she's muslim she'll still try and still my coffee? I'll let you know!

December: I made it through the year! We had a terrific holiday! Everyone is healthy and happy. Life is good and I'm looking forward to a great 2008!

So, that's my year in review. If your still reading it, I just want to know WHY?? Pretty boring year, in most respects. But hey, it was my year and I LIKED it!

Anything you'd like to share about YOUR year? Please feel free. I love finding out what others have done.

As for resolutions, I gave those up a long time ago. What's the point in making one, just so a week from now you can feel bad about yourself that you didn't keep it?

But I'm still hoping for one thing. This one thing would make my year complete

I'm still going to hope for more spankings! That, and that I win the lotto!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

8 comments:

  1. Not boring at all! I loved hearing it all again this way - you've inspired me to do one of my own! (Maybe, if I can't find time the rest of this year). And he is toooooooo cute!

    Hugs,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not at all boring!!! That little angel at the bottom is way too cute!! LOVE IT!!!

    Our year? Well, the norm! My first born went to aaahhhh 3rd grade! My second -- started kindergarten!! I'm so not ready, and my wonderful twins somehow turned 3!! YIKES!!! I'm not ready to think about next year!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a wonderful year!! Your being healthy now is the very best part. I like this post because I can remember these these events and that I not only cheered and laughed when you recaptured the coffee but I worried with you over the wildchild's issues and broken bones and such. But you did have good year and I hope this year is even better and that we get to hear about it.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are not going after my eyes cause that is one cute baby!!!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, 16 to 18 years, that one will be breaking hearts.
    Like PK I can remember all that you wrote about.
    I'm happy that you are feeling better and that the Wildchild is, for the moment, not quite so wild and that the little man doesn't follow in her steps too soon.
    I hope that Bossman see to your needs soon and that you have a wonderful year, oh and just occasionally reply to a comment or two, when you have time.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow he is a cutie! You are one lucky auntie!

    Your year sounds great! Let me give you a little bit of advice before it is too late. Put books on their heads. Don't let them grow up!

    I love looking back over the year through my blog.

    My New Year's resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions.

    Oh yeah I love the new place. Pretty Cool!

    Huggs and Best Wishes for a Year full of Spankings! Oh and a winning Lotto ticket!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, just want to say, love the new look.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments! This blog would not be the same without all of you!!!

    Paul, thank you for commenting on the new look!

    And I will TRY to comment more when you leave me comments! But remember, it's only TRY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete