Thank you

Thank you so much for all the prayers and concerns. Seems I will live another day! Hooray for me!

I promise, I will get back to the blindfold post. It's still sitting in the draft box, taunting me. At first I figured it would be a nice little post, but it turns out I have a lot to say on the subject! (who knew?)

So before the end of the week, I will try and get it finished, but for now, I must recap on the health issues.

Here's the scoop. Every once in awhile, I tend to get pain that is in my shoulder, but also in my neck and chest. It's hard to describe the pain. It's not a pain that has been caused by injury. I can freely move my arms and shoulders with no problem and no pain. The pain is usually on one side or the other, not usually on both sides AND its much worse when I lay down. Laying down can cause it to be very painful and hard to breath, but usually once it "settles" it is ok. Turning from side to side while sleeping can also cause the pain.

I've gotten this pain numerous times in the past 8 years. It usually will last for a couple of days to a week and then it will be gone. I had it last December when I was so sick, and then I didn't get again until Oct.

Needless to say, I got the pain again last Monday night. It's in my right side. It hurts to breath and laying down is just not possible. Finally, yesterday morning I thought I would call the doc and make an appointment. Last time I had the pain, they thought it was infection around my heart, or my lungs. Last time the gave me anti inflammatory medication. It seemed to help. So I was hoping they would give me some more of those.

Yesterday around noon, I felt like my heart was racing. Seeing as how I was sitting on my butt watching tv, there didn't seem to be a good reason for this. I got out the portable bloodpressure taker and checked my BP and pulse. Well, they were HIGH and my pulse was in the 140's. So I tried calling my doc office, but they were at lunch. So I called Bossman, who promptly said he was coming home to take me to the ER.

When you have a pulse of 160, which is how high it was when I got to ER, well, there was no waiting for me. As a matter of fact, the moved an old guy out to the hall so I could have his room, which I felt bad about.

They took a EKG and said everything looked good there. My pulse was high and the bp was really high 181/110. YIKES. But everything else looked good.

So the doc took a look at my old records from last year and by the time he finished that, my heart rate and bp looked good.

He said everything looked good, there was really no reason for it to happen, it just did, and since I would be seeing my doc in the morning, I was good to go.

So this morning I went to my own doc. Well, actually, I saw a new doc to the practice. Since I am not keen on my own doc, this was fine with me. Unfortunately this new guy...not much better!

The good news? My heart rate and bp were fine.

Do they know what the pain is? NO. Do they care about my heart? NO.

Basically, he said that he thought my shoulder has inflammation. Now remember, I said I have complete movement in my shoulders. BUT, he starts pressing down on my shoulder, REALLY hard, like knuckles in muscle hard. Does that hurt? HELL YES! If your going to press your knuckles all the way to my BONES! SHEEZ!

So because I said that hurt, he saids I need to have cortizone shot? WHAT the HELL??

I said, nope, I'll have to think about that. Then he tells Bossman that I will probably need some therapy. WHAT? What the heck kind of therapy do I need on a shoulder that works fine? Bossman said later that maybe he meant MENTAL therapy! I only need mental therapy because HE is making me mentally insane!

Furthermore, he said that he could tell I was a worrier and that was probably my biggest problem.

So, from what I gathered is this....

1. I'm a worrier
2. I need therapy
3. It hurts when someone pushes their knuckles into your shoulder
4. Cortizon shots will cure everything
5. I hate my doctor!

Lucky for you, I will live another day.

I'm so done with doctors!

Now, I need to get finished with my blindfold post before I keel over from worry!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing well better. My sister had some of the same symptoms for years. She went to ER more times than I can count. Turns out it was a peri-menopause thing her body was going through. Since I'm not sure how old you are, that may not apply but I started all my symptoms at 39. Anyway, so glad you are better. I gave up on Dr.'s too. They are so screwed up and in my opinion, could care less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace~ Who knows... maybe Lori's onto something here. Might not hurt though to get a second opinion.

    Take care of yourself!!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Grace, I'm glad you're doing okay now! I agree with you completely on the doctor thing!

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are better too but I think instead of giving up on all doctors you could try to find a competent one. Ask friends for recomenations of a doctor who will listen. Something is causing the pain. And heart problems in women can give such screwy symptoms. Please keep looking for the answer!

    Love ya!
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, great news that you are good for another day and hopefully many more.
    Doctors are like shoes, try them until you one that really fits.
    Some doctors tend to have an exaggerated idea of their own ability and importance, they should carry a big yellow health warning.
    PK is right, go by personal recommendation.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace,

    I'm so sorry I missed this post but relieved that you are better. I remember how ill you were last year.

    I agree with you on the doctor thing. Its a tough job but we have to be our own advocates. They see way to many people to pay complete attention to one. I agree with Paul as some of them do think they are next to God! (more like head up butt!!! hehe)

    We are relieved and blessed that you will live another day!

    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so TOTALLY can relate... both Dante and I have been through similar, though his similar is much MORE similar since his does have to do with his heart, too!

    Be persistent, get a second opinion, and a third, and a fourth... do whatever it takes to find the REAL problem. Docs are notorious for sending in the shrink if they can't find anything diagnostically proven!

    Love and hugs,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace,
    How worrisome and frustrating. I'm so glad you're feeling better and hope you're able to find a doctor who will pay attention to what you're telling them.
    There is very little worse than a doctor who treats you as an imbecile and unable to know when something is just not right with your body/health. I've had doctors with a preconceived idea of the situation who turned out to be so wrong.
    Keep trying to find one who really cares and will work with you.
    And quit being such a mental-case worrywart ;D
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, so glad you are better; I've been laying kinda low lately so I didn't see your post about your ER trip until yesterday and didn't get to comment until today.

    If you were me, I'd chalk up the racing pulse and high BP to a panic attack; was that possibility suggested at all?

    As for the shoulder, did they go into depth over any repetitive actions you might be unknowingly doing during your day to cause such a reaction? I'm sure they did and you just didn't mention it but I've had pains throughout the years that were due to the most mundane chores/actions I was doing that I never paid any attention to. Had to figure all that on my own, though; as everyone is saying, the old-fashioned doctors who genuinely held an interest in their patients' lives are pretty much gone today. Today it's all "get 'em in, prescribe meds, get 'em back out ASAP". They are not interested in preventative medicine; it's too time-consuming and therefore not profitable enough.

    Anyway, just some thoughts. Yes on getting more opinions and researching more. Don't just let them give you a shot and pat you on the behind so they can move on to the next patient; there should be a REASON for all this and someone should be able to figure it out, for crying out loud!

    Glad you are better and it wasn't anything scary-bad. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete