Life goes on

Life goes on around here.

D is doing ok. She had a lot of pain last week, but she's doing much better now. The MIL is crazy as usual...calling D's doctor when D didn't answer the phone one day. ~shakes head and rolls eyes~

Yesterday left me and Bossman alone. (or is it Bossman and I?)

Anyway, he gave me a very nice spanking. The hairbrush was used with vigor. I'm still feeling some of the after-effects today.

I've had my pity party and I'm moving on now. I just needed a few days to sit around, eat cheetos and feel sorry for myself. Then I watch Oprah's Big Give and realize life can be so much worse.

So, enough about me...what's going on in your world?

13 comments:

  1. I wish I had something to say that would cheer you up but I suck at that. All I know is that the feeling you have right now are normal. I go through those emotions after someone close dies. I tend to think about the mortality of my loved ones and how I want to make the best of each moment, yada, yada. I'll pray for your SIL.
    What's going on in my world? Not much. Just making sure the toilet roll is on so the paper is over the top.
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I'm glad you're feeling better. I've just read your last post, and IMHO, you might want to attend an Al-Anon or NA-Anon meeting. I'm new to it, but it's a great way to learn to deal with all the crazy things in life, whether you're dealing with an addict or a crazy person such as your MIL. The addicts don't attend these meetings - they are only for the people affected by them. But it can teach you to step back and let stuff happen, knowing it's not your problem, and keeping your own sanity. I just got one of their books, "One Day at a Time" and it's great. After only four meetings, I feel much calmer when chaos is around me...

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My world is tired these days. Glad you and Bossman are getting some quality time together.

    I'll keep D in my prayers.

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real life does have it's up and downs. You can be glad that your MIL is not your mother! And you got spanked. Two good things. D may have the worst behind her. Let's hope so.

    In my life, well Mollie is going to a sleep over Friday night! We are looking forward to that.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad D is doing ok. That's important, and I'm glad you got a good vigorous, feel it the second day spanking too.

    Regarding "me and Bossman", think "me and" as mean, so if you mean "Mean Bossman" it's all good. Otherwise, use Bossman and I.

    It's worked for me for years.

    Hugs,
    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad D is improving. Sunday evening I gave Mthc a warm feeling in the rear with our hairbrush.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, glad that you are feeling better,
    My life is quiet and not very comfortable at the moment, my hot water system is down, has been since Easter Saturday, spoke to the engineer, he is still waiting for the part.A support group might be an idea, if you are finding your MIL hard to take.
    Otherwise just smile tolerantly and walk away.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well acatully its bossman and me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, SO glad D is doing better. And Reese has a very good point about the support groups through the 12 step program; it doesn't matter if your MIL drinks or not, the support meetings are for the family members who have to deal with crazy behavior from another family member/friend.

    Plus it's great hearing crazier relative stories than *yours*.

    I used to go home from my Al-Anon meetings thinking, wow at least I don't have it as bad as some of the others in there! lol And some great wisdom and ideas on hand on how to deal with the people in your life who are dysfunctional, too. :)

    As for "Bossman and I" or "Bossman and me" the rule of thumb is, take out the other person(s) from the sentence and see how it reads without them in it. In this case, if you left out "Bossman" you would write, "Yesterday left me alone". You would NOT have write "yesterday left I alone", right?

    So it's "me" in this case.

    But if you'd written, "Yesterday Bossman and I/we were alone" the correct usage would be "I", right? Because after taking Bossman out, "Yesterday me was alone" is incorrect, true?

    So take out the other person, see how it reads that way, then use I or we accordingly.

    Now, as for whether the rule for which goes first is the same as the "I" rule (I always comes last) I have no clue. :)

    I'm just glad I read the tip on the "I/me" thing online a few years back. Kinda like "righty-tighty, lefty-loosie" which finally taught me which way faucets turn. (Yes, it's true; don't mock me! ahah)

    As for Oprah's Big Give, OMG!

    The stories of those who are actually in need are very touching and Dan and I often get tears in our eyes but the Big Give Helpers' ideas on ways to give in some cases causes our jaws to drop. And the woman who just got sent home, whoah! How self-centered can someone be? Everything was always about her; glad she is gone.

    Although I had to laugh when the young girl was saying to her when she got angry, "I'll pray for you! I'LL PRAY FOR YOU!" and I was thinking, oh honey, when you say that while your teeth are gritting and you're trying not to bash someone's head in, you're SO not wanting to pray for that person. Sorry. No, you're wanting to bitch-slap her around the room a little, just like the viewers at home. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Everyone!

    Thanks for all your comments. Going to meetings is a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

    I didn't realize I would end up with an English lesson, but thank goodness you all told me, for I can never remember the whole I/me. You all are very helpful! But the award for the longest comment goes to Amber..(again!) She is the queen of comments! ~hands Amber the crown and sash~

    Paul, sorry for the water problems! Doesn't sound fun AT ALL!

    Oh, and Amber...that girl has been annoying since day one and I was SO happy she got voted out! And the girl that said she would pray? Bossman and I said the SAME thing. Hard to pray for someone with clenched teeth!!!!!

    Love you guys!
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! I won an award for being long-winded! *grins at Grace*

    And oh yes, that woman drove us nuts from the beginning too.

    Although I think the prize for "most clueless" should go to the guy who set up a party with Chinese food in the garage for the financially destitute family with all those adopted kids who had been born with various disabilities, mostly mentally handicapped. Which meant they couldn't even really appreciate the effort, little as it had been. I felt so badly for the mom, who, looking so puzzled (and worn out!) said to the camera, "The party was nice and all but...we would never spent money for something like that in a million years." They had to stretch their pennies just to eat and here he spent hundreds of dollars they could have used elsewhere on salty take-out food and a garage party. Bogglingly lame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yesterday found Bossman and me alone. "Found" is a better verb than "left" for the usage. The subject of that sentence is "Yesterday" and the object is "Bossman and me." "I" is rarely used as an object; the exception is when some form of the verb to be is used (ie, It is I).

    You do not wallow in pity. You are a woman of great empathy and action. Simply put, you do what has to be done. You also do it with humor and maturity, and it's a lot of fun to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear that D is doing all right. Not much to add on my life...just thought I would write a quick hello. :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete