Tomorrow is the day my daughter turns 18.
Seriously? 18?
It's true, she's 18. That means......
I did it,
I did it,
I did it!!!!! *Happy Dance*
I successfully raised a child. She's still alive, still breathing. She's healthy and happy. She may not be the president (but she could someday!) but she is still somebody. She doesn't do drugs (that I know of), she isn't pregnant (thank baby jebus)and she graduated from high school.
Ok, I suppose I should give credit where credit is due. Bossman helped! Without him, none of this would have been possible. Without him, there would be no her.
Sorry if this sounds braggy, but lets face it, raising a child is HARD work. You don't have to have any training. You don't have to pass a class or study ahead of time. You don't have to pre-qualify. You don't even have to be an adult.
You have to clean up spit-up, change poopy diapers, stay up all night. Then you have to help with homework, go to performances of beginner violinist (my ears are still ringing) and search the pumpkin patch for hours, just to find the perfect pumpkin. After that, you get to be ignored, yelled at, and used only for the money in your wallet.
Sure, sounds like fun!
But then...well something extrodinary happens. The first smile, the first hug, the first "I love you." The first homemade card from school, telling you, you are the best mother in the world. Then one day, your child looks down at you (yes, she's taller than me ) and she says "Thanks mom. I couldn't have done it without you" and you realize, it was all worth it.
So, Happy Birthday to my wildchild! Always makes me laugh, always makes me cry, always close to my heart.
Congratulations! You did it! Wow she is a real bathing too! I know where she gets her good looks!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Congratulations on the wildchild's milestone, and your successful child rearing ;-)
ReplyDeleteI hear you about the violin thing though - I'm still traumatised from my younger brother learning 20 years ago!
I always think of my children's birthdays as the real mother's day...so Happy Mother's Day! I hope you did some fabulous things to celebrate!!
ReplyDeleteHey I was so excited I meant to say a real bathing beauty...she was a real bathing beauty!
ReplyDeleteHuggs!
T
Oh my god...you made me cry, Grace. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, you did it. It is no small feat to raise a child today with *all* the pitfalls available that can bring them down.
Good job.
What a cutie she was then...and still is now. :)
You done good, Mom. :)
Congratulations Grace! I only hope mine will turn out as well! Happy Birthday Wild Child!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Carye
Grace, congratulations on a job well done, she is a beauty.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Wild Child, it's good to know you.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Awesome job! What a mom, and great kid!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your daughter's birthday.
ReplyDeleteJean
Congratulations on a great job, Grace! And happy birthday Wildchild!
ReplyDelete