Hooray!

The election is OVER! No more stupid political ads! No more political crap in my mail! No more flyers on my door trying to tell me who and what to vote for! HOORAY!

So, how was your Halloween? Mine was great! We took the little man out with some friends trick-or-treating and we had a great time. It's great fun to see the little kids out getting candy. Can you believe someone gave the boys a nickel? What the heck? I'm sorry, but really.....a nickel? My son wondered if there was any candy he could buy for a nickel. Maybe a gum drop from the candy machine, but even then I think those things are up to a quarter. Oh well, guess it's the thought that counts!

Things are going fine around here. There hasn't been any more butt itch to report, but I'm hoping there will be some in the near future. I'm thinking we should have some sort of BS burning party. A huge bonfire and we can even make s'mores. Anybody care to join me in this?

Looks like D is heading to our house for Thanksgiving! We are happy for that. It seems she is on some just-approved chemo pills. Apparently they have just been released this past summer and no one in Vegas has been on them yet, so it took about 2 weeks for the local pharmacy to get a hold of them. So far there haven't been any side-effects and they are hoping this will knock the spots off her lungs.

Nobody wants to think of the worst, but since we don't know what the next year will hold for her (or for any of us, for that matter)I'm just glad we will get to spend the holiday with her and her hubby.

Football is over. Our team made it to the playoffs (YAY team) but we lost the first round. I was sorry to see us lose, but glad that it was over. It's getting cooler and darker so it wasn't much fun for practice.

Did I mention how glad I am the election is over?

So, I leave you with my little man in his costume. He's the sumo!



*faces are blurred to protect the innocent!

12 comments:

  1. I am thrilled that the election is over and I am very happy about the way it turned out!

    I will be there for the BS bond fire!! Because of Eva, well really Adam, we have two! A big one and a little one too. I am sure that they will be happy to give their live for a good smore!!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so with you. I too am thrilled beyond belief that the election is over. Love your little mans' costume.
    Ciao
    I Gal

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I am so loving the sumo outfit! Too cute. (Well, he probably wouldn't like it that I said "cute"; guys tend to not, hehehe)

    And...a nickel?

    O_o

    Bizarre!

    My best to D, I think about her a lot and send her all positive goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, great pics, which is a nickel. 5 or 10 cents I thought they only had historic value.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Everybody was Kung-fu fighting!" has been rattling around in my head ever since I looked at the picture you posted... what a hoot! How did you inflate it? I can think of some pretty smelly options or is it puffy from foam? I'm with Amber, it's tres cute!!

    A nickel? Wow, what a statement about inflation (and no, that wasn't a reference to the costume).

    I'm also glad the election is over. I hate to be the one to tell you, but the post election rhetoric and armchair quarterbacking is going to begin. I'm really grateful I don't watch TV!

    It felt wonderful to be an American this morning!!!

    *hugs*
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new dawn in th history of our country. Our oldest had the same costume one yeat. Have a greay day.

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. The election turned out the way it should!! Glad it's over too. Our halloween was awesome.600 trick or treaters..We decorate big time and love the holiday..It was our youngest that had the costume several years ago..If i remember correctly it has a little pump built in. Our football season is over too as our youngest soon to be 17 has a broken jaw and several broken cheek bones from playing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am always so late. One year trick or treating, Michael got styrofoam peanuts. I think he would have been tickled over a nickel. But then it was a long time ago. I nickel would have bought something back then, like a styrofoam peanut!

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad you had a good Halloween...we did too :-) And great about the election too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been a lurker on your blog for awhile. My husband and I had discussed DD in our relationship off and on for awhile but nothing ever came of it. Last night I was tired and needing sleep and therefore was very snappy towards the hubby. I just went to bed after quarreling with the hubby all night. He gets up early to leave for work and I usually am still asleep when he leaves. But this morning....he woke me up and said he wad tired of the disrespect and we are starting DD right now. My panties were taken down and he spanked me with the paddle several times. I protested since this all came as a shock and he grabbed his belt and I got ten smacks with it as well. He took my car keys and said I am to stay home today and prepare myself for a weekend of discipline. I already have a red welt on one side of my sore bottom and I am in for more when he comes home. Did you guys take a weekend to focus on discipline when you started? Can you give me any advice to prepare for the discipline spankings I am about to receive?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thrilled that the election is over too! Can't wait for all the political signs around here to get taken down.

    :)
    Todd & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Anon~

    We did not take a weekend to focus on discipline. We started out just talking and setting ground rules. After much talking and more talking we hashed out a plan that we thought would work for us.

    We tried the plan and in the process found things that worked and didn't work. No two couples or relationships are the same, so things that worked for others didn't always work for us.

    I would suggest talking a LOT! I suggest a "safe" word, in case things get to much for you to handle.

    Since you say you've been talking about DD, I'm guessing you are a willing participate in this. If you are NOT, I would suggest not going along with this until you are quite sure you want this.

    DD is a two way thing. Both partners have to be willing. In my opinion, it has to be done in a loving way where both partners are willing to listen and work on things together.

    I would love to discuss this further. Please e-mail me anytime if you want to discuss more on this.

    I hope this helps!

    Good luck!
    HUGS!
    grace

    cal_angel39@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete