What did you find?

PK, from New Beginnings, said she found herself when she started looking up spanking and blogs on the internet.

I suppose I could say that I found myself....but did I?

Sure, I found things I wanted to read. I found people I could relate to. I found interests that were similar to mine. But did I find myself?

I think I found part of myself. I found the part that I thought was weird and unnatural. I found the part that I was embarrassed about and couldn't share with others in my "real" world.

But I don't think I found me.

See, me was here all along. I just need to acknowledge her. I needed to let her out and let her hair down. I needed to express my feelings to the one person in the world that would understand and wouldn't look down on me for having those feelings. Sure, it was great to read about others and their experiences, but I wanted my own experiences. It's nice to get validated in the blogging world, but that wasn't enough for me. I needed validation from my real life partner. I needed Bossman to validate me.

As for blogging, it's wonderful to find a world in which we fit in. Although to me, the blogging world is sort of a fantasy. Unless you are reading an account of a "real" life story, the stories are pure fantasy. Nice, but impractical when trying to incorporate them into your own life. Too many times I've been disappointed because real life NEVER turns out like the fantasy. Not that fantasy isn't good, but sometimes we put too much hope in thinking that we can make our lives like the stories we read on the blogs.

Turns out, we can't make our "real" partners think or feel the same thing that we read about in the stories. Not only that, but we are unprepared for our own feelings. Fantasies don't begin to describe how angry you might feel. So when you DO feel angry, you don't understand it. I wanted this. I asked for this, so why do I now feel angry about it?

Fantasies don't begin to describe how you feel when your partner doesn't spank long enough, hard enough, too hard, too soft....how your partner doesn't spank evenly on both cheeks. Those are not the things that make a good fantasy.

Even when you move away from the fantasy and you read real life accounts, your real life is NOT going to be the same as mine. Things that may work in your relationship, may not work in mine.

Reading blogs is a great way to get ideas, but don't try to read to much into them. Try stuff, but remember, you and your partner have unique feelings that may not match what someone else was feeling. What works for me, may or may not work for you.

I wouldn't want you to leave here thinking I'm down on blogs. I am not. I've met some really great people doing this blogging thing. Internet friends are awesome. It's great to talk to people that HAVE felt the same things you've felt. It's great to talk about how mean our partners are when they use the backscratcher needlessly. It's nice to be able to exchange ideas and thoughts about spanking. These things can't be done in the "real" world. At least not in my world. So, I come here. I don't really find myself. I find others. And I LIKE the others! Actually, if I get right down to it...I find myself on MY blog, but I find other like-minded souls on their blogs. I take what I can from each of you and I hope you take what you can from me. It's all about the give and take.

And the spanking.

So, what did you find?

7 comments:

  1. Grace, you make some very valid points.
    They don't make PK's views wrong, just different.
    What I got was a great sense of community and that I'm not the only one who craves TTWD.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to gravitate to what I feel are "real life blogs" and that is what mine is. I only change names, and occasionally, (for anonymitys sake) places. The events I write about are real. I don't mind reading fantasy as long as I am aware thats what it is.
    Thats why my blog is not just about spanking, but includes other stuff too....because my life is not about spanking. Spanking is a part of my life, but my life is so much more!
    You are right, no two lives are identical, even a married couple have different perspectives, but I feel that writing as true an account as is possible while retaining anonymity (for obvious reasons) is important...including the gripes and problems and how they are resolved...because, SOMEONE out there will be able to identify with you, and either have a solution to offer, or maybe will be helped by your solution! And thats what life is all about really....helping and encouraging each other through life....its the only one we have on this earth, and we don't all understand the instructions!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx
    Love and prayers, to you and the family, Grace, hun, xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning,
    By the time I got home yesterday I could barely read much less comment! I think all this if well put. Now when I said I 'found myself' I didn't mean intellectually so much as physically. Instead of all the sleek, sexy, hard bodies I assumed were here I found folks like me - slightly chubby moms, worrying about getting groceries and doing laundry. That made them more comfortable to talk with.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully put, Grace. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I like the way you put it, "me was here all along. I just need to acknowledge her. I needed to let her out and let her hair down." Hubby is really the only person I am comfortable doing that with. I'm glad you have your Bossman to share your life with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace,

    We all needed some time to digest what you said.

    I think I found myself when I discovered blogging. I always knew I liked spanking, and so did my husband. It was wonderful to find so many like-minded people out there. But I discovered - or rediscovered - my creative, intellectual self. I love writing posts, coming up with new ideas, and just being silly about spanking topics. It's so fulfilling and so freeing.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in NY and very tired but it comforts me to read blogger buds. :)

    I liked this post, it was very thoughtful. I agree, I loved finding the world of D/s but I wasn't really finding *me*; just learning there were a lot of other people out there who had similar feelings. Annnnnd I learned there is a LOT of pure fantasy out there. ANNNNND I found out that some things we thought would be really really hawt weren't when we did it. Which is all good, just...interesting. ;)

    (psst! If you have your stats up for your blog, you can see me coming from a New York hotel close to NYC! HOW COOL IS THAT?? Except...wahhhh, I miss CA, oh I do, I miss it so much, I can't wait to come home and I just got here! :()

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad you started blogging. I think it has helped me find the real you. It's helped you find the courage to express yourself to me in ways you never have.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete