Thanks

Thank you all for the positive encouragement! Bossman is right...things are never quite as bad as they seem. We thought Bossman was having a tooth pulled last Thursday (the day of the last post) but he will have it pulled Friday. (As in next Friday) They don't seem to think it will be that bad.

We won't know anything about D until Wednesday or Thursday. For now, she's ok.

The other SIL, well, she just needs to pull her head out of her butt and take the help that is offered her. Otherwise there isn't a damn thing we can do for her.

As for the shower....looks like the insurance might pay for some...so we might be able to fix it. Still unsure how it's all going to work, but between the home insurance and the home warranty, we may just scrape by without much out of our pockets.

So, I think I'll take some of the advice you all gave. Since I have it on great authority that the sky is NOT falling down, possibly just some dark clouds, I will enjoy the rest of my house. I will go out in the back yard, watch the birds, breathe the fresh air and remember to enjoy the life I have, dark clouds and all!

I hope you all have a great weekend. Mine is already turning out really nice!

10 comments:

  1. Grace, now that's a lot better, you have a great week-end, what is left of it, also.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I'm so glad you are comfortable telling us when you are really worried and when you are feeling better. It helps the rest of us realize that the ups and down, work and worry are there for everyone.

    Still praying for you all.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Grace,

    You made me smile when you mentioned breathing in the backyard. Not too long ago and for quite a five grueling years running our family became the posterchild of calamity. My faith never waivered but my strength did. At one point my only consulation was that I had an opportunity to become (hopefully) an example to my children of a survivor. Thanks for being so real as PK said. Remember to breathe deeply & think of Bossman so you'll smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to thank God for answered prayers, and smoothing things out so they are manageable.
    And, remember to thank Him too for being there when you need Him!
    I thank Him for friends like you, who share real problems and don't make life sound sugar sweet when its NOT!!!
    Sometimes life sucks....till you remember the alternative.

    God bless you all. Goes without saying....continued prayers for you all in this limbo situation.
    xxxxxxxxxxxx Daisy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that things are working out, and that the sky did not actually fall (even though it sounds like it was awful close!). Take care of yourself! ~N

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never commented on anything before but felt the desire to here. I have been through a lot lately also and have a hint that may help. I picture the "Allstate hands" holding me, but instead of them being allstate hands they are God's hands. He has gotten me through death of loved one,a heart attack myself and also joy of first grandchild. God will hold you through also. Although I do not know you I will be praying for you. God knows who I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments! You are all very wise people. I knew there was a reason I keep coming here...LOL

    Thank you Anon for taking the time to comment on my site. I really love thinking about the Allstate hands as God's hands. I will be using that mental imagine a lot this week.
    Sounds like you've been through a lot yourself. Seems everyone has trials that we all must endure. I know it's life...but it sure is hard! Thank you for your prayers, I will pray for you too! You are right...God knows who we are talking about!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I notice you haven't posted in a while. I of course that is fine Life happens. But I do hope that all is well with D and the family and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came in late and missed the posting until things were getting better. Glad they are. What a loving post by Bossman - how can they not get better with that love and support behind you! Prayers to D. Support to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. almost a month no posting?! Grace we miss you.

    ReplyDelete