blogging block

I have NOT been in the mood to blog. I can't come up with anything interesting to write about. PK said she would read anything I wrote, including my grocery list, so I sent it to her. Even that was boring!

So here is what is going on in my neck of the woods.

Last Friday, the Wildchild passed her driving test and now has an official drivers license. I think a mistake was made. I'm not old enough to have a child that can drive alone. She drove to a friends house and I didn't know what to do with myself. It's not fair. Just yesterday I was changing her diapers!

Now for the bad news regarding the wildchild. She is having really bad trouble with her tonsils. They have been enlarged for months but they haven't been giving her trouble. Last week, right before an orthodontist appointment, she said her throat hurt. One look and I decided the ortho was out, and doc was in. For a week she's been on antibiotics but as of yesterday, they haven't helped. She has NO other symptoms but her throat is really swollen. They referred us to a specialist so she can get the puppies out, but they can't see us until July 31st. Yesterday I took her back to her doc and he tested her for mononucleoses. I already know she doesn't have that as she has NO other symptoms. But they have to test for it. I'll find out today if the test is negative. If it's neg, we will try other antibiotics and the doc will try and get her in to the specialist sooner. They had to take blood yesterday and I thought the poor girl would pass out. She is so afraid of doctors and needles that this whole ordeal is really stressful. So anyway, tonsil watch is underway at my house.

The little man is doing great. Loves summer and is making the most of it. Thanks goodness!

As for me and Bossman, we are hanging in there. Things aren't going exactly as we planned, but we are making the best of it. I did get a rather nice spanking on Sunday. The wooden spoon and the bs saw some action. It was a nice one that I could feel for a couple of hours afterward.

Other than that, I have nothing new to report. I'm wishing to be inspired by something other than laundry.

Until then.....

later....

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the wildchild!! That sucks but I'm overjoyed for you having gotten a rather nice spanking. So while PK and I were touring the mountains you were getting spanked sunday? I CANT WAIT to hear what PK has to say about that!!! hehehehe

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace!
    I can't think of anyone that deserves a spanking any more than you. I was thinking I might have to do it myself! I really hope the bs shows up a lot in your future.

    Good luck with the wildchild. All will be well but going through it will be a pain for you all.

    You keep posting! We are not going to let Eva stop or you either!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your daughter gets well soon! Did they do a culture of her throat??? Maybe they gave her the wrong type of antibiotic.

    Huggs,
    Reesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor wildchild, tonsil stuff is no fun! Does getting to drive take her mind off her woes?

    Sorry that you've had the blogging blahs. It's been so much fun at my house I've been writing about cleaning and feet. Oh well, at least you saw some spoon and bs action.

    bs=? backside? buzz saw? belt sander? big spatula? baboon snot? Translation please!

    ciao bella~
    CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace,sorry to hear about the tonsil trouble, try not to let them use too many different antibiotics, that can cause problems.
    Glad to hear that you had a nice spanking, maybe if you hide the BS (?) you will get another one.
    Hope that the wildchild feels better soon.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh please Grace, let ME do the honors, bs -- backscratcher!!!!

    PK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Grace, I'm so sorry for your woes. Reesa is so right about a throat culture, if they haven't done it already. Sure beats playing "which antibiotic should we try next." I sure hope they can get her in sooner! It sounds like you are more than ready for the "the kids keep getting older, and I am standing still, waiting for them to catch up" club.
    Big hugs,
    Kallisto

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your support!

    We found out yesterday she does NOT have mono! So she is trying a different med that is stronger and should help. The doc is calling the specialist himself to try and get an earlier appointment.

    She's hanging in there and asking to take the car about every 5 min! Little ole' throat problems aren't going to keep her from driving around town and driving me CRAZY!!!

    HUGS!
    grace

    Oh, thanks PK for taking care of the bs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't touch this one with a 10' pole!

    "Oh, thanks PK for taking care of the bs!"

    *g*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all goes well with the wildchild. I was also 16 when I got my tonsils out. Take it from me NO orange juice...(stupid nurses)

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete