
Count Your Garden
Count your garden
By the flowers...
Never by the leaves that fall.
Count your days
By golden hours...
Don't remember clouds at all.
Count your nights by stars...
Not shadows.
Count your years with smiles...
Not tears.
Count your blessings...
Not your troubles.
Count your age by friends...
Not years.
(Lyvonn Berry)
Hope your day is EXTRA special!
Love ya,
grace
Grace, I think that's beautiful, how come I haven't come across it before.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure C C will love it.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
What a beautiful poem, Grace. Paul. was right I do love it and like him I've not come across it before either.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for helping me celebrate this special birthday! Wow, 50.... ok, ok, I'll count my age by friends, not by years. This year, more than any that has ever come before has been about friends and the joy and beauty they bring to my life. Thank you for being my friend, Grace.
*HappyHugs*
C.C
Gosh that was beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHugg!
Theresa
I had a saying that someone gave me once that said, Count your age by friends, not years, judge your life by smiles, not tears.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to find it again on the net and see what else I could find to go with it. I googled, count your age, and wa-la, this beautiful poem popped up. It was the perfect poem for the woman with perfect garden!
Glad you all liked it, I guess I should google more often!
Happy 50th C.C. It only gets better from here!
HUGS!
grace