We went to the Dodgers yesterday. I thought I was in Africa. Seriously, I think I lost 10 pounds in SWEAT! It was unbelievable HOT. We saw numerous people get taken away for heat stroke. Not really my idea of fun!
I thought we were going to have to leave, for the little man was really having a hard time getting through, but we made it! We really wanted to see the softball game that was after. Would you believe that the game was tied in the 9th and we had to go 2 extra innings? I was NOT a happy camper. The Indians ended up scoring first, and frankly I think the entire crowd was happy to ANYONE score at that point! Bummer that the Dodgers lost, but they SUCKED! Truth be told, the entire game was boring. Each team scored a home run and that was IT, until the 11th inning. BORING, HOT, and REALLY HOT are the words I would use to describe the game. Oh well.
The softball game afterward was ok. We saw James Denton from Desperate Housewives, we saw Kareem Abul Jabbar. Boy is that man TALL. There was John Luvits and Tom Arnold. The wildchild was most excited to see Kendra from "The Girls Next Door". If you don't know that show, it's about Hugh Heffners girlfriends.
After watching them play for a couple of innings, I was DONE. Over done to be exact. So we left. Never was I more happy to get in my car and turn on the a/c. AHHH, relief for sure.
Next year, we are going to a night game. There is NO way in HELL I am sitting through a game like that AGAIN!
Now, I'm just looking forward to my vacation. Eva keeps asking where I'm going. So I'll tell you a couple of hints...
We are driving. Probably taking the convertible. Meeting up with some GREAT people. Hanging out, touristy stuff and just HAVING FUN!
I'll tell you more as the time gets closer, but just so you know, this is the most excited I've been in a REALLY long time. I never thought we would get to go and do something like this and I'm super excited.
Oh, I think you readers will be MOST surprised when you find out our plans. Trust me, you will be AMAZED!
Ok, I gotta run! Believe it or not, the weather is back to a respectable 75 and I have laundry and yard work to do! THANK GOD for cool weather!
So, how was YOUR weekend?
You must
ReplyDeletea) really like baseball.
b) have spent too much money for seats to leave.
c) or really love whoever convinced you to stay.
It sounds like an awful, miserable, horrible, no good way to spend a day. I hope none of you got sunburned. But hey, how else are you supposed to spend the first day of summer? Summer, baseball and all the stuff that goes with it. I'm just glad to see it's back down to 75°.
So, you're going on a Road Trip! I can't wait to find out what you have planned. Sounds like you're anticipating a great time!!
*hugs*
C.C
Road trip? Did someone say road trip? No road trip for Eva this summer. *pout* All I get to do is fly in a plane.
ReplyDeleteOh well....
Any trip is a good trip.
Oh, and one more thing... GO TRIBE!!!!
Hugs~
Eva
Gosh, if it were that hot for you to sit and watch, just think how hot the players were. No wonder they played so bad. I honestly do not know how they do that. I'm glad it's cooled off for you.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lori
I want to go on a big exciting trip!! On wait, I am. In fact we should be leaving with a half hour for Eva's house. Now I am sure your trip will be great but how could it be better that me getting to see my twin.
ReplyDeleteBaseball - it's that out door game were they hit a ball with a stick or is that golf? Anyway I only believe in A/C and shade. I am glad your weather is beginning to cooperate. If you cna keep it in the 70's I'll come and see you when it gets really hot here!
big hugs!
PK
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGrace, I would have got up and left, nothing but nothing is worth sitting through that.
ReplyDeleteAre you going to the Shadowlane Party, does Bossman know. Chuckles!
Sorry about the delete, typos!!!
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
I know! You two are going to a Shadow Lane Spanking Party...right! I knew it!
ReplyDeleteBelieve me I can relate to the heat, and I have AC at home. So when Will asked me if I wanted to go to a Braves game next weekend guess what my answer was....
Yep you are right, I said let's wait and go for your birthday when it is cooler. You know in February!
75 huh...heaven!
Huggs!
Theresa
I swear I commented before I read Paul's comment! Guess great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteHuggs!
Theresa