Actually, remember the "one word" email? Well, I transfered all the words into my blog post. I had a nice witty post talking about how much the words cracked me up. Believe me when I tell you, it was FUNNY!
So, I came in here tonight to put the final touches on my masterpiece and when I opened the post...the post was there, the list of words...gone! Poof! The paragraph before the words and the paragraph after the words was still there, but somewhere along the way, the paragraph with all the words, disappeared! I went back to my e-mail, hoping against hope that the deleted messages were still in the deleted file...no such luck!
So, sorry guys, the words disappeared! But I CAN tell you this...they were good! And funny and smart. You are all very inventive and sweet! But, I have to say the best word that came in was...
Are you ready?
The word was...
Supercalifragilisticexpeealladoetious! Thank you Terpsichord!
In other news, the cat is still alive. I appreciate all the concern and advice about the declawing. We will not be pursuing that route at this time. The double sticky tape on all the corners seems to be curing her of that nasty habit. On the plus side, my nephew keeps sticking to the sofa so that is making my job a lot easier! (Can we just keep this between you and me...I mean really, does my sister need to know this information?)
The birthday went GREAT! My son had such a great day. The party was a success! I ate more cake than I care to admit. I'm glad it's over, but again, must we admit that to my son? I think not!
So, graduation is Friday. D is flying in from Vegas. She's doing ok, but she's not progressing as well as the doctors have hoped. The tumor has shrunk, but I think they were hoping it would be smaller than it is. She will have more chemo in July, so for now, she's in a holding pattern.
I know I haven't mentioned the MIL for a while. There really hasn't been anything to report as we had banished her from
Finally, the MIL had the FIL call Bossman and tell him that SHE wanted to see the little man on his birthday. Bossman told his father that if SHE wanted to see the little man, SHE needed to go through him first. SHE would need to call Bossman, listen to what he had to say, AND abide by his rules!
Friday night, the MIL finally called the house. Luckily, the kids were not home, so it was the perfect time to talk to her. Without bothering you with all the details, it's safe to say she was full of poop. BUT, Bossman told her what he expected of her if she was to come back into
So, she came over on the little mans birthday. It was fake and phony, but the kids were happy to see her AND she didn't say anything inappropriate! For once, she was the one on eggshells and we were NOT!
Just so you know, the main reason this was done was because of D. She was really having a hard time of it and the stress of all the "family" drama was taking it's toll on her. She was stressing out on what was going to happen when she came for the graduation. She didn't ask Bossman to make nice with his mom. She understands where he coming from, but Bossman just didn't like seeing his sister under all that stress.
So, for now, the kingdom is at peace. This doesn't mean that the king will be visiting the peasant anytime soon, but she will probably come for the graduation. BUT, after the graduation, there will be very LIMITED contact with her. Actually, since there is nothing major coming up after the graduation, there will probably be NO contact for quite a while. (I hope, I hope, I hope)
After the call on Friday, Bossman was feeling a little spanky, so guess who got a spanking? He used the BS! Horrible. I tell you, that thing is evil and should be disposed off. I threatened to break it, and was told that if anything bad happened to the BS, he was going to buy a bigger, better one. Is there such thing as a BETTER BS? I don't THINK so! But I'm not willing to find out!
As he was spanking me with the dreaded BS, he decided to pull out his cell phone and make a little video. NOW, before you all get excited, I deleted it. Sorry, but as close as I am to some of you, I'm just not ready to go THAT far with you all. I will say though, it was kind of neat to watch that little clip. My butt didn't look as bad as I thought it would and I didn't sound as weird as I thought I would. It was fun to watch, but I made sure that after watching I deleted it! I wasn't taking ANY chances!
So, that's it. I probably won't post again until next week. I have to clean my house and get ready for the graduation and everything else! I'm tired just thinking about it. My daughter got her cap and gown the other day and I bawled like a little baby! I am excited for her, but I'll be glad when it's over.
Have a good week! I know I will.
Grace, nice one dear girl, glad that your week was better than expected.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that the graduation will go well.
I'm keeping D in my prayers and hoping that the news will be good.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Glad the graduation went well and the birthday too. I totally understand about D and the MIL and why Bossman made the decision he did. Glad MIL was on her best behavior. :)
ReplyDeleteOh and happy you figured out a way to keep the kitty's paws intact. :) Good for you guys.
Grace, I am quickly learning that Blogger can do wild and wacky things to posts. Too bad you lost the juicy innards of a good one.
ReplyDeleteA video - how cool! I'm glad you liked it, even though you made it be gone.
Hugs,
Hermione
Grace, I really give Bossman a lot of credit for talking to his mother so directly. Directness with those kind of people is the only thing that gets through. They then know exactly what is expected if they don't like it, they can leave it. Good luck on your grad stuff this week. Take lots of tissues and take lots of pictures...of the graduation, not of your butt being spanked. Well, that is unless you want to share those pictures with us, then go ahead.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lori
Glad all is better. Son Graduates thursday, Bawling with you. He got his notification of scholarship in the mail and I cried, happy for him but sad he will be going away in the fall.
ReplyDeleteC
Grace you are handling the family extremely well. I like the idea of sticking the baby to the sofa, velcro works well too.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and C both get through you graduations. It's a pretty teary time but just like when they started kindergarten they are really happy and you just have to go with it!!
Now for the backscratcher - tell Bossman he does not have to go out and get a bigger and better one! Thanks to Adam we have one and really it's yours!! No really you can have it - I'll even bring it to you if I have to!
Now now PK... it's not nice to regift and tell about it. I mean we put a lot of thought into that just for you... I'm hurt. Crushed. To think you'd give away our well thought out gift is beyond what I ever imagined you to be capable of.
ReplyDeleteGrace~ I'll buy you your own. No really. I don't mind. I would hate to have PK give hers up. In fact, I insist.
There. Problem solved.
Eva! I want to be the one to share the love with Grace!! And if I am correct you have not had the pleasure of having your butt burnt with the big bamboo bad ass backscratcher. Then again, your time is coming!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hog your comments Grace!
GIRLS!
ReplyDeleteI would like to thank you for your offers, but really, I do NOT need a new BS! Keep your BS to yourself....LOL
(Like that play on words?)
Love you!
grace
Grace~ really... it's no problem. I insist. I'll ship one to you. Better yet, I'll just bring it myself. It's just a small token of my love for you.
ReplyDeleteSo see PK? You get to keep yours and everyone is happy.
Hugs~
Eva
I INSIST you keep your BS!
ReplyDeleteI've heard they check for BS at the border, so if you're coming this way, you might want to keep the BS in your state!
Thanks anyway!
HUGS!
grace
I have no bs to share wiht you...sorry :-) Best wishes with everything! Hugs, Terpsichore
ReplyDeleteGrace I am so glad the birthday party went well. I hope graduation was splendid.
ReplyDeletePost the details for us, when things settle down!
Huggs
Theresa