So, yeah, it's like HOT as HELL here in Ca!
I know, most of you could care less, what's a little heat, right?
WRONG people, You are all VERY wrong.
First of all, we don't have air conditioning. It's just not needed for the 2 weeks a year that we get this kind of heat wave.
Second of all, it's extremely expensive to live here. We pay a lot of money for the weather that is in the 70's. I am extremely pissed that I have to be in 10234 degree weather. Fan's are just not cutting it people and I am NOT happy.
Third of all, all this heat is making me CRANKY! (not that you all could tell, but I AM)
Bossman came home today and all I had to do was look at him and he could tell that he needed to get me out of the house before I completely melted away. THANK GOD for Bossman. He took me out to dinner, in a nice air-conditioned place. I almost decided to move there. It was HEAVEN!
Right now, I'm sitting out on my patio. It's 10 minutes to 9, AT NIGHT, and it's still a balmy 85. I refuse to go in the house for it's HOTTER in the freaking HOUSE!
After watching the depressing news, I've been informed that tomorrow will be worse...WORSE??? Tell me it isn't so.
If I manage to survive tomorrow, then we will go to the Dodger game on Saturday. They say it will be about a bizillion degrees in LA on Saturday. Oh YAY! And our seats, well, they are right up in front of home plate. There is NO shade. NONE!
So, if the next time you click on my link and you find a big puddle, please, just pop me in the freeze for a couple of hours, I promise, I'll be FINE!
Grace, can we do a swap, I'll take a little of your heat and send you some of our rain, sheech, some people don't know when they are well off.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to have a word with Bossman, I'm sure that he has something to deal with CRANKY!!!!
Love and warm hugs,
Paul
Hey girl this is your friend from the sweltering south. Summer means 95 degrees with 100% humidiy!! But I do understand your problem. We have A/C everywhere. I remember when we got ours - the summer AFTER I nursed LJ. Nursing in the heat that summmer was very memorable for me!!
ReplyDeleteAs usual Paul's advice is right on the money. It would cure that cranky problem but probably would not do much of the heat problem!
Love you!
PK
I can relate, my fellow CA-ian! :) We do have central AC but we have to pay dearly for it. Just as we pay dearly for everything in this state.
ReplyDeleteSidenote; Lucy and Jake said Hawaii was LESS expensive than here in CA for restaurants, food, everything they did there except their condo, of course. HAWAII! LESS EXPENSIVE THAN CA! HELL, let me move to Hawaii then! I love it here, but da-yam! Hawaii? C'mon!
Anyway, we turned on the AC last night just so we could get a decent night's sleep but we've done that twice now in the past month; I'm dreading our PG&E bill. *glum*
And you know what? I was STILL sweating all night, even with the AC on!
Is there anyway you guys can get one of those window AC units? We got a couple for our last house which didn't have central and it really helped a lot. They only cost like $180 each...although god knows by now they would probably cost 3 trillion dollars. *glum again*
Let's hope it stays down in the low 90's today, at least. I can handle that. I'm afraid up here it's going into the 100's though. :(
Gosh, It's only 79 here nice breeze with the windows open. I know how you feel last week it was 100 here with the humidity it was just down right crappy. It lasted for four days. Have fun at the Dodger game!
ReplyDelete*hugs and grins*
I heard on the radio today the horrible temps you are getting. I think I'll take this opportunity to retaliate from when you were in the 70's and I was up to my waist in snow.
ReplyDeleteAh, yes...as I sit on my couch with the front window open, I feel the cool breeze blowing in and brushing past my face. All the windows are open and accepting the wonderful breeze from our upper 70's degree day.
I couldn't live without air. How you are managing, I'll never know. I feel for ya.
Lori
Oh, man, I would hate that! We have air conditioning, but still when the heat first turns, my migraines go nuts which can make you cranky so I completely understand. Of course your family understands that letting you vent while treating you very kindly is the key to helping with this problem, right?
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not we have air here. I am a firm believer in climate control. Used to be I liked it a nice steady 70 degrees but since WLS I need it a tad warmer. 75 is quite nice these days. What you are describing is HELL!!!!!! Go out to eat again.... and then go to a movie or something. UGH!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, girlfriend... that vacation is coming. Will they have AC where you are going? Where are you going anyhow?? You never have said.
Also, I'm with Lori on this one. Seems there were a number of times some of you warmer weather folks rubbed it in our faces when we were up to our ying-yangs in snow. It might not be quite the same but it definitely does feel like the score's being evened just a tad.
Love ya~
Eva
Hey!!! I just noticed something... your Dodgers are playing my Indians. Wanna make something of it???
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteI am right there with ya! California in a heat wave, not fun! Our A/C broke, so 110 with no hope of reprieve. We went to the beach for water before we spontaneously combusted!
-Jess
Stay where it is cool as much as possible :-)
ReplyDeleteWe had no Air in Michigan either. Didn't need it. Til the one summer heat wave....oh and did I mention I was pregnant!
ReplyDeleteBet Michael's glad he isn't there right now! He's in the north!
Paul I'll take some of that rain!
Cool Huggs
Theresa