Ok, Ok, so I ruffled a few feathers with the teachers, Elis and Eva. All that excitement about school starting, well, they just didn't appreciate it.
So, I feel guilty. I mean, How was I suppose to know that my countdown to freedom, was their countdown to confinement? That my bliss over having getting my butt spanked, meant the end of their vacation?
If you read her blog today, you know what a horrible summer she had. I mean really horrible. She slept late, read the paper, took naps, worked out, played on the computer, oh and she found out she's a spanko. If you ask me, boring.
But really, I shouldn't be so happy about this turn of affairs. I shouldn't take joy out of reading all my blogs in peace and quiet, without having to worry about little eyes reading over mommies shoulder. Or worrying that a blog might have a red butt on display the moment it pops on the screen. I really shouldn't take joy out of drinking my juice and watching Regis and Kelly, seeing as how all summer, the juice was gone before I got up, and instead of Reeg, I got Spongebob. Nope, I shouldn't take any joy out of having those little eyes and ears at school, so that I don't have to hear for the one billionth time, MOMMY, I'm bored!!!
Now for the serious part.
I'm sorry, truly, I am. Elis, Eva, and all the other teachers out there, I bow to you. You do great works. You teach the minds of our children. You don't get paid nearly enough for the jobs you do. You have the future in the palm of your hand. It's up to you to teach these children so that they may grow up to be great things. It's up to you to mold and shape these little minds. I truly respect and honor teachers. Instead of paying millions to a guy to play baseball we should be paying you millions to teach our children. So thank you. Thank you for doing your job and doing it well. Thank you for taking the time to teach our children! Thank you, thank you, thank you. From the bottom of my heart.
Serious part over.
Time for me to turn on Regis, drink my juice and read my blogs! So many blogs, so little time.
(Ok, now I'm doing the mommy happy dance!!!!) later......
update: I tried for 2 hours to figure out how to post a picture of an apple on this post, just for you teachers. I just couldn't do it. I followed all the instructions, but it didn't work. I might just need a teacher to help me.
According to Eva you need Firefox browser, but ask her.
ReplyDeleteI second everything you say about teachers, if only we didn't expect them to be clerks and babysitters as well.
Enjoy your child free hours dear Grace.
Big hugs,
Paul.
Your right Paul, they are not babysitters or clerks!
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for our school system. I just hope everyone knows that I really am just goofing around when talking about school.
But....I am happy to have my free time. ;)
Hiya Grace,
ReplyDeleteI'm not mad at you, he, he, he... but I did mess up when I moved all my links around. I meant to put you on my list of favorites... honest, I somehow messed up in the madness of going from blogrolling to my template and back countless times. I still haven't figured out how to get the code to work for the "update" feature when someone posts a new post on their blog.
Arggh! Hope you got your pics to work... Firefox is the answer for sure.
Hugs,
Tigger (The one with the kid always just over the shoulder, for about 12 hours a day)
Okay, okay- you're forgiven. If you didn't send your babies I wouldn't have a job. Of course I think you should watch Spongebob to ease your guilt!
ReplyDeleteI thank you for your kind words. I know many people feel this way. Sadly the most vocal parents come in to tell me I am doing a lousy job and that their little darling could do no wrong and that I am being totally unfair. But now that I have seen the kids (open house was last night)I am getting more excited. I love the kids.
I'm not sure where you live but now its time for me to start praying for snow days!!!!
Elis
Grace~ Truly, I was just picking on you. I love my job too and wouldn't want to do anything else in the world. Thank you for all your kind words and for what it's worth, I have only been a teacher for 8 years but have a 24 year old child. Do the math... there was a time I was doing that mommy dance too!!! Enjoy your juice but I'm with Elis.. go watch spongebob!!!
ReplyDeleteEva
NOOOOOOO, no more spongebob!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's bad enough that I know the whole theme song!
HUGS!
Sorry I am so behind with my reading and studies. I can show you how to post a picture of an apple, if you can show me where to find a picture of an apple. I have looked all day for a heart.
ReplyDelete