I live on Mars.

As someone pointed out, this story is disgustingly cute. ;) After reading it through, I realize, it is! Oh well, what can I say, we are just too cute.

After skating that night, we were trying to figure out if everyone had a ride home from the rink. We are all deciding whose riding with who, I asked Bossman where he lived. He tells me he lives on Mars. Yep, that's right, Mars.

I started cracking up. How many people can say they live on Mars? It was just a funny thing to say. First thing I'm thinking is, ok, I have a real weirdo on my hands. But then I realize, all the streets around the neighborhood we were in are named for planets. I was just glad he didn't say Uranus. LOL

Anyway, if you remember from the first part of the story, I said this was a Monday night. I remember it very clearly because it was the first official day of spring break. After we got everyone a ride home, we went our separate ways. Bossman and I were not going to be riding in the same car as we lived in different parts of the town. You would think that this would be the part of the story where he gets my phone number, or I get his, but no, there was no exchanging of phone numbers. So we said goodbye, and I figured that was the end of it.

Actually, I really had hope that he would call. I mean, my friends were his friends, so I knew he could easily get my number. So all week, I sort of waited for the call. I never gave it a thought that I would call him. I know I made the first move, but I wasn't that brave. Besides, even though I asked him to skate, it really was against my nature. I really thought that the guys should do all the asking. Come to think of it, this might be why I have such a hard time asking Bossman for spankings. I still think the man should be in charge.

Of course I had some of my friends that were in the band with Bossman calling me all week discussing how I skated with him. Remember, this was way out of my character so they couldn't believe it. Of course they called to tell me that they thought he liked me.

Friday came upon us. Still no call. Every Friday, I had a babysitting job for some people that went bowling. I tell my mom, please call me if a boy calls. Ok, she assures me she will call. Do I get a call on Friday night, when all teens are calling girls and asking them out to the movies? Nope. No call. Or so I thought...

(oh gosh, this story is so high schoolish! Too funny)

He finally calls on Saturday. Wants to know if I'll go out with him that night. Shoot. Our church group was having something over at the church. Should I go out on a date with someone? What about my friends? What if something major happens while I'm not there? (ok, just for the record, nothing major ever happened, but what IF??) So I take a chance, I say yes!!! After I hang up, I call all my friends. Because now, now I am cool. I have a date. With someone outside of our group. Someone we don't normally hang with. Someone tall!

(this next paragraph is just for Ceeci )

Now I had to decide what to wear. The bottom wasn't tough, I LIVED in shrink-to-fit Levis 501's. I had a lot of them, and they were all worn just perfectly. Not to dark and stiff, faded just perfect. If I remember correctly, I wore a sweater on the top, the kind that had a big open "V" in the back. Remember those? Mine was the kind that a 3/4 length sleeve, because I have long arms, so long sleeves were always too short. I had long dangly earrings. (scary thing is, some of this stuff is coming back into style) I looked hot...not! But I thought I did, and that's all that mattered. My hair was feathered back nicely. My hair wasn't so much big, but it had the great layered look with lots of feathering back. Oh yes, it was great.

So, Bossman picks me up and my mom is of course shocked that I am going out on a date with someone other from my youth group. He comes to the door to meet my parents and of course my younger brother and sister were being quite the pain. Finally after the embarrassment factor is over, we leave.

Now he hasn't told me where we are going. He takes me to dinner. We ate mexican. To this day we only live 30 miles from that restaurant and we still love to dine there. We actually talked, and got to know each other a little bit. After dinner, we decided to cruise. For those of you that don't know cruising, we drove up and down the main street of our town. That's it. We just drove up and down the street.

Since that got boring quickly, we drove over to the church. Mostly so everyone could see that I really was out on a date. I had to show off.

When he took me home, that was it. There was no kiss. He just said goodbye, and that was the end. I was disappointed there wasn't even an attempt, but as I learned that night, Bossman was very shy.

After that night, we hung out and talked on the phone a lot. We didn't go to the same high school, but he would frequently come by my school at lunch time to hang out. After a month of dating, there was still no kiss, but we did a lot together, and I started going to the band practice. (of course I would)

Like I said, a month had gone by, and everything was really innocent. He hadn't kissed me, nor had he asked me to officially be his girlfriend. One night we went on a double date with friends of his from school. His friend was driving. When we went to drop off his friends girlfriend at the end of the night, they would spend 30 min or so making out at the door. (saying goodbye..HA) Bossman would just sit in the car and talk while they would say their goodbyes. Finally, Bossman asked me to be his girlfriend. "So, will, uh, will you uh, will you be my girlfriend?" "Um, I guess." I'm pretty sure that is how the conversation went. So there, now we were officially "going" together. Surely now he would kiss me. You'd think.

But no, they dropped me off at home, and there was no kiss.

I was starting to get a little worried. Although I was thrilled at the prospect of having a official boyfriend, I couldn't figure out why he wasn't kissing me. Was my breath bad? Maybe his breath was bad. Did my deodorant fail me? What was going on? I just didn't get it.

I will reveal in my next post how I finally got my first kiss from Bossman. I didn't really realize this story was going to take so long to write. I do know, I'm having a great time reliving my first love. Now it's time to go kiss my Bossman.

3 comments:

  1. Great story Grace, that's the way it ought to be, I'm so glad yours was like that.
    Believe it or not, I'm not a cradle snatcher, I spent most of the time until we were married trying to keep Mel's hands off me and Mel herself out of my bed, why do you think we married when she was eighteen.
    Waiting for the next episode.
    Big hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,
    I am loving this. It really does remind me of the sweet shy boy I dated then. I hadn't thought of him in a long time. Keep going, this is fun!

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it is a total joy to watch your daughter during this time in her life. I hope she will find as good a man as her mother did.

    Paul- I bet you really had your hands full keeping Mel off you!

    ReplyDelete