This post was written last week in response to Eva's post. I though it was a good time to explain how I came to this crazy blogland. Then last night I go over to Elis's blog and she asks the very question that I answered with this post. I'm willing to give her the credit, but I DID think of this first!
Just so you know, the only reason this wasn't posted sooner was because I got a great spanking and had to share, I mean really, spanking is much more important than how my blog got started....isn't it??
So here is how I came to be in blogland.
I started this blog, March 30th, 2004. When I started this blog, I wasn't concerned with people reading it. I didn't open comments, I didn't even make it public. I just wrote. I didn't think anyone would care what a boring housewife had to say.
I went back and read my old posts. Wow, I was a mess. I seemed to be down a lot. Maybe I only had stuff to write about when it was bad. If you go back and read that stuff, it's really boring. I just wrote about life, as it happened, whenever I felt the urge. Again, I didn't think anyone was reading, so it didn't really matter.
As time marched on, there were times when I didn't write for a long time. Once in awhile I would post something, but generally I didn't bother too much with it. I did eventually open the comments, but I never expected anyone to comment. I made the blog public and just kept writing.
During this time, I was a lurker to many blogs. I didn't comment because I felt like I had nothing important to add. I don't know much, I don't have much experience in the spanking world. I just knew I liked to read what others had to say.
One day, I got the courage to comment. It was probably something simple like, I agree, or bravo, or thanks for the great story. I'm sure it wasn't anything thought provoking. As I go to post the comment, it asks for my link, my blogger link. Wow, should I add it? Would someone actually click on it? What would I do if someone actually read my own blog? Yikes!!! That was a big step.
I did it. I left my link. Someone would read my comment, and if they choose, they could click on my blog. Oh well, I figured they would click on it, read two words, and click right off. I mean really, do I have anything important to add? Not really. July of 2004, I opened the comments. I know this because if you click on the comments, there is one comment from me that says nice blog. It was just me, testing to see if it worked. If you look a few posts later, you'll see a comment from Bossman. Before he commented, I wasn't sure if he read it. I told him about it, but he's not much of a reader, so I didn't think he would be interested in my little blog of nothing.
Then, one day, there was a comment. One of my favorite bloggers, the one where I left my first comment, left me a comment. ME! Oh wow. This blogger, (who has since stopped blogging) was the person that led me to the blogging world. She was in a d/d club on yahoo that I was in. I never left comments there either, but I read her stuff religiously. One day she said she was leaving the club, but if we wanted to keep up with her we could read her blog, and she left the link. I had NO clue what a blog was! Suddenly this whole world of blogging opened up before me. Anyway, she left me a comment. That meant someone was reading my blog. UH OH!
Well, I got braver and started commenting on other blogs. Just that alone started bringing people to my blog. Suddenly I was getting some comments. Then, not to long ago, Bonnie wrote a little piece about my blog. WHAT? Bonnie liked reading my blog? The queen of the spanking blog world liked my blog? And then others, like Mike, quoted something from my blog. Wow, this was exciting. This was cool, this was AWFUL! Suddenly I felt pressure to write something good. Something witty. Something wise. Yikes!!! I hate pressure. I don't think I have talent writing. I just write what I'm thinking. It doesn't always come out pretty. It doesn't always sound smart or funny. My spelling sucks, my punctuation is awful. I don't have the best grammar. So, I got all self conscience. Because NOW, I'm not just writing for myself, I'm writing for others.
But something wonderful happened. Nice people started stopping by. Really nice people that had nice things to say about my blog. Now I'm not one to worry about how many people read my blog. I have 2 counters on my blog, but I hardly ever look at them. Numbers don't really mean that much to me. In reality, the more people that I think are reading, the more self-conscience I become about my writing. So, I don't pay much attention to the numbers. Now, I started reading these nice peoples blogs, and WOW, we had a lot in common. These people know exactly what I'm going through. They have either been there, are there, or are trying to get there. Just like me.
Yes, if your reading this, then I'm talking about you. You guys make this fun.
So, I've decided something. I'm going to continue to write. I want to keep the friends I've made here in bloggerland. You may not gain any wisdom here on this blog. You may not find it funny. My grammer may suck and my spelling may be even worse. I may talk about spanking, or I may talk about dirty laundry. Either way, as long as it stays fun for me, I'll keep doing it. But most of all I'm just glad I have friends, because in the end, isn't nice to know you can come on the computer and find some like-minded people? I can't find that in my "real" world. At least not about spanking!
later.....
I am a "lurker" of many blogs especially blogs with bdsm content. I have been reading your blog for a few months after learning of it via submissionreflections. I rarely leave comments on any site, but I must tell you that I do enjoy your writings and your site as well as others has helped me feel more confident in beginning my own online journal. So thank you for sharing with all of us.
ReplyDeletetahj,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to my blog. You caught me while I was editing. I posted it without the last sentence. I came back and you had posted.
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. I hope you start your online journal! Leave me a link so I can stop by sometime. I love making new friends!
HUGS!
grace
See there! Look up there.....
ReplyDeleteOk while you might be a bad writer (hehehe) you are definitely a gooood thinker. That's what we enjoy.
I too was worried about the spelling and punctuation. Two words...spell check! Still I have mistakes and feel self conscious all the time.
I was even afraid to post Danny Mayye stories because, I thought I was some sort of pervert and nice lady bloggers would develop vapors and not read me. Boy was I wrong!!!!
The only reason I look at my stat (counters) I also have two...is to see how many lurkers I have..ahahahah.
Keep thinking and keep writing...I hang on every word you write. You're a deep, yet very funny thinker!
Hugs and Love ya
Theresa
I thought spellcheck was one word. What can I say, I switched my major from english to math cuz I didn't have the patience with myself to be perfect. Getting on here is like you said, Grace... like going out to lunch every day with a group of friends. I love hearing what is going on ... and you crack me up a lot. Your thinking is fantastic and your writing is very good. But when it's all said and done, for me it's about the people. Even though I couldn't pick you out of a line up of tall blonde women, I know you. I know you well. And it's all cuz you've let us know you. Thank you for that. You truly are one of my favorite bloggers.
ReplyDeleteEva
"Yep, uh-hunh, neat...me too! Oh yeah, I get that! Right, on Grace. You betcha. No way. hehehehehe, when did laundry get so deep? Yup."
ReplyDeleteThose are some of the thoughts that pass through my noggin when I come here to visit.
I get you Grace and I've been reading your posts longer than you realize. I'm so happy you're still having fun and that you're going to continue writing, cuz I plan to continue reading.
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Theresa, I thought I told you, I get the "vapors" every time I read a Danny,Mayye story! I keep the smelling salts nearby, just-in-case!
ReplyDeleteEva, thanks so much! Your one of my favorites too!
Ceeci, if you've been reading me for awhile and your still coming back, then what can I say, I guess it's not as bad as I thought! Thanks so much!
HUGS!
grace
How can I say this Grace, you ain't
ReplyDeletebad, you're bloody wonderful. *G*
I'm so glad you're going to continue, I'd really miss you if you stopped, who else could fascinate me with laundry.
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace~
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog for the past month or so now and truly enjoy it. You make me laugh, smile and yes think. I too understand that feeling of finding your courage and leaving a comment. That is how I feel now with your blog and the many others I so enjoy. You'all give me hope. Thank you for your writing and that lovely gift you give to each of us as you share your life. I don't care about typo's or grammar. Heck, I can't spell either. Probably why I could never do this, but I do so enjoy the friendships. I will admit to being a bit envious of the blogging world you are now a part of. Wow, talk about a long comment. So sorry. But again, thank you.
Shy
Aww Paulie! Your not so bad yourself! Glad to know my laundry facinated you!
ReplyDeleteShy, don't be shy! Thanks so much for commenting. Keep commenting and you will find yourself a place in this blogging world. It's big enough for all of us. Some of us don't have blogs, but we still manage to make friends (right Paul?) So, don't worry about making comments, everyone is entitled to their opinion and the more opinions we have the better discussions that can be had!
HUGS!
grace
Grace
ReplyDeleteGee, I thought Elis was the one with the How Did I Get Here idea lol ... So whoever it belongs to, thanks! I'm enjoying reading the stories.
I am also a lurker, but I always enjoy reading your blog
ReplyDeleteHi Cathy! Thanks for de-lurking long enough to let me know your reading! It surprised me everytime I find out someone new is reading. Thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDeletekitten..has it REALLY been that LONG since we've been reading each others stuff? I think I found you through Amber. Wow, I remember the great advice you and CD gave ME! I'm so glad you haven't given up on your blog! It's true we don't always agree, but if we did, how boring would THAT be??
HUGS friends
grace
Grace,
ReplyDeleteI still read your blog and I still think it's wonderful. And so are you!
I'm delighted to inspire, but I would never want to pressure. You are fine just as you are.
You're a flesh and blood human with genuine desires and dreams. This blog reflects that reality. Your readers don't seek perfection. We would rather hear about your thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. As long as you want to share these nuggets, I'll be here to enjoy them with you.
Big Hugs,
Bonnie
Hi. I think you have a great blog and will continue to read for as long as you continue to post.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Luv,
Lily.
Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou are as refreshing as a soft breeze on a summer day! Your candor and frank approach to all things, however subtle or benign or kinky or spanky always comes with a quirk that is all your own... your uniqueness is what sucked me in and keeps me coming back for more and always will...
You are thriving on your fairly recently found comraderie with the twins, with Cassie, with the brats, with my beloved (do we need to talk, he, he)... and you have come into your own with a new depth and wit and intensity that constantly amazes and thrills me.
I've watched you grow and blossom and expand and now you are spreading sunshine all over bloggerland! I feel honored to rest in the shadows of your blog and feel comfortable here... I love you, girl... even if you ARE after my man, he, he, he.
Love,
Tiggs
Bonnie, it was probably through you that most of my friends have found me. Your little nod in my direction was really a boost. Thanks so much for your support!
ReplyDeleteLily, Thanks for stopping by and reading. It's a real treat.
Tiggr, You resting my MY shadow? HA! I think your shadow is much bigger than mine. As for Dante, he's just an excellent writer that was mighty good looking when he was 19. No worries! *wink wink*
Todd and Suzy, thanks so much for giving the wink! I'm so glad I found your blog. Thanks for the heart warming compliments.
HUGS!
grace