Today is S, and there are plenty of S's out there! Since there were so many, I decided it was too hard to pick my favorites. Therefore, I leave you with a little something that my mom e-mailed to me. I thought it was perfect for Gratitude Tuesday!
Happy Halloween everyone!
I AM THANKFUL:
FOR THE WIFE
WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT,
BECAUSE SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
AND NOT OUT WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
FOR THE HUSBAND
WHO IS ON THE SOFA
BEING A COUCH POTATO,
BECAUSE HE IS HOME WITH ME
AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.
FOR THE TEENAGER
WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING
DISHES BECAUSE IT MEANS SHE IS
AT HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.
FOR THE TAXES I PAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM EMPLOYED
FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.
FOR THE CLOTHES THAT
FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE
FOR A LAWN THAT
NEEDS MOWING,
WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND
GUTTERS THAT NEED FIXING
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME
FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING
I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT
BECAUSE IT MEANS
WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
FOR THE PARKING SPOT
I FIND AT THE FAR END
OF THE PARKING LOT
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF
WALKING AND I HAVE BEEN BLESSED
WITH TRANSPORATION.
FOR MY HUGE HEATING
BILL
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I AM WARM.
FOR THE LADY BEHIND
ME IN CHURCH
WHO SINGS OFF KEY
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I CAN HEAR.
FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING
BECAUSE IT MEANS
I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES
AT THE END OF THE DAY
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN
CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
FOR THE ALARM THAT
GOES OFF IN THE
EARLY MORNING HOURS
BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM ALIVE.
AND FINALLY, FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL
BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE
FRIENDS WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.
later......
This is really cute, Grace... I love these "easy" posts sometimes... why can I never remember them when I need them?
ReplyDeleteBut this is super!
Huge hugs,
Tiggs
What a wonderful message your mom sent your way! Every word of it was true, thank you so much for posting it for us.
ReplyDelete**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Those truly are the things to be thankful for. That we take for granted too easily.
ReplyDeleteGreat post, Grace!
That was cool!!!
ReplyDeleteEva
Your mom sounds like me. I am not a glass half full or a glass half empty...I am just half a glass. Way cool....I feel the same way about sunshine....uh oh except for you Gracie dear!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Theresa
Now this is Gratitude Tuesday!! I loved this Grace!!
ReplyDeletePK
It's lovely Grace, can't be repeated too often, thank you.
ReplyDeleteWarm hugs,
Paul.
Wouldn't we all be happier if we would look for the good in everything that happens?
ReplyDeleteThis post really made me feel good, Grace. Thanks for passing on your mom's message.
*smiles* SuZQ
I love this list
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderfully positive post. It gently reminds to forget about the negative and concentrate on the positive. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Luv,
Lily.
Hey Everyone, thanks for stopping by!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all enjoyed it, I knew my S list would be pretty much the same as the rest of ya'lls, so I decided to go with something different!
HUGS to you all, oh, and Padme, THANKS for stopping by! It's lovely to see you here!
HUGS!
Grace