The ramblings of a bored woman

I have nothing big to write about. There has been great sex, 3 mornings in a row, but no spankings to report. I've had a blog block for the last couple of weeks. Hence the reason for no new posts. Thank goodness for Tuesday, or my blog might start growing dusty.

So I thought I would give you a little peek into my everyday life. This is what has been going on, and most of it is boring, so feel free to click on a link on my sidebar if you feel yourself nodding off.

First there is football. The season is half over. Remember, Bossman is the coach and this is his very first coaching experience. I feel so sorry for all you teachers, for dealing with parents is the WORST! Everybody wants their child to be the star. Let my child run the ball, let my child be the quarterback. SHEEZ, people, get a grip, your child is NOT an athlete. Your child doesn't pay attention. Your child doesn't do what the coach tells him to do. Your child probably doesn't even LIKE football. Oh, and by the way, just because your child was the star of the baseball team, doesn't mean he will be the star of the football team.

The first half of the season was a bust. Our team was worse than the bad-news-bears. They lost all their games. They couldn't even score ONE touchdown. My poor husband had coaches quit on him, the team mother quit, parents accused him of yelling at their little darlings. One of the mothers actually told my husband he was running the team like the NFL. Uh, if he ran the team like that, why didn't we win any games? By the way, most of the trouble was from 2 parents. The rest love my husband and think he's doing a great job. And NO, he's not trying to run the team like the NFL.

(yes this is a picture of Bossman and my little man on the sideline. Little man had just had the wind knocked out of him so he came out of the game. Bossman and little man were waiting for the next play so little man could get back in the game.) I don't think identities are being revealed. At least I hope not.



But my husband is the king of cool. He is such a great guy, and a great coach. Yes, the team wasn't fairing well, but they were mostly new kids, they have a new coach and we played REALLY tough teams. No, Bossman did not yell at any kids, and he got the coaching staff back on track. He had to get one of the coaches to step down because he was such a negative force on the team. One of the ladies on the team stepped up to be team mother, and I am helping her plan the after season party and order the trophies. Yes, they get trophies even if they are the suckiest team in the league. Because they are winners, even if they don't win.

Well, last weekend we WON! Yup, our team (who hadn't even made ONE touchdown)actually won the game, with 2 touchdowns! We were so excited! You would have thought we won the superbowl. It was the best day! The kids were on top of the world. My own little man (who plays center) was sure to point out that if HE hadn't hiked the ball perfectly, they would NOT have made the touchdowns.

On to the rest of my life. I was looking for a job. I mean, it would be nice to have some money for christmas. Plus, the wildchild is having a 16th birthday next month, and you know I have to make it special. So I'm stressing about money. Someone gave me a lead on a job. I talked to the people. I got hired. Good news, right? As soon as I found out what day I was to start, I freaked out. I had a major panick attack. I couldn't do it. This particular job was going to involve going into businesses, cold turkey, so to speak. Once I realized what I was going to have to do, I freaked. This has never happened to me before. What the heck was my problem? I tried to talk myself into realizing I can do anything I set my mind too. I really tried. But Bossman (my hero) saw how extremely upset I became, he immediately said, NOPE. Not gonna happen. He told me to forget the job. He wanted me to stay home until I find something I comfortable with. He said not to worry about money, we would muddle through as we always do. He said the stress wasn't worth it. Am I the luckiest person ever?

I can't get over feeling so guilty. I should be out there making a few bucks to help our family. I should be brave enough to take on new challenges. But I'm not. I hate new things. I shouldn't say that I hate all new things. I love new adventures, as long as it involves me and Bossman.

Once when I was in high school, I had a job selling newspaper subscriptions. They would drop me on a corner and tell me to canvas the area. By-my-self. I would freak out. I would walk around the neighborhood. I couldn't make myself go to one of the doors. NO way! So I would lie, I would tell them that nobody was interested in a subscription.

That's how I am, that's how I tick. I am a pretty personable person. I can easily work behind a counter. I have no problem dealing with people in that capacity. But make me do something cold turkey, I will die. My heart will race, my face will get hot, my legs will twitch. My stomach will hurt so bad, I will have to have a bathroom nearby. But I hate being that way. I hate that part of myself.

So, that's whats going on in my part of the world. It's neither exciting or glamorous. But it is what is.

Next post: the exciting world of laundry

later....

9 comments:

  1. If you write about laundry I will enjoy that to (reading, not doing). You did hit on one of the worse thing about my job - parents. Just like everywhere else most are fine but it only take a few absolute nuts to wreck a whole year. I am so glad for both your guys that they won that game. More to come I hope.

    What we can do and what we can't (or really don't want to) do. I worked in a veterinary hospital for 8 years before teaching. I could hit the vein on a dog or cat as they tried to eat me up. I assisted in surgery. I could inject life saving drugs directly in to the heart and I could sew up the most horrible wounds. But if they asked me to work the front desk, I panicked!

    When I decided to leave the vet all I wanted was a job where I never had to talk to anyone. I have no idea how I ended up a teacher. I still panic if they ask me to cover the front desk for a minute!! No job is worth doing if you are very uncomfortable!

    I'm looking forward to the laundry post!!

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace!

    I know exactly how you feel. I have been asked to "try selling our services to people who have bought our software". I talk to new and ongoing clients all the time those with support type issues. I have no problem calling them cold turkey because I am calling to help them with a problem they reported. BUT Ask me to try to "find more to do" ask them for more business.. NO WAY!!! ABSOLUTE PANICK!!!! I've never been able to do anything sales type of stuff, but office, even teaching small groups of kids I love. Just don't ask me to sell anything!
    Please I want to hear about your laundry! Maybe it is more exciting than mine! Have you ever had a load where the socks all matched up?

    Hugs!

    Caryagal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace dear girl, your daily life is interesting as well.
    Life just cannot be all highlights, the thought that someone's life is all great spankings only interrupted by great sex is somewhat unrealistic to say the least.
    I thought that I was the only one who always had one odd sock in my wash.*G*
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace~ Great post!! It's nice to get to know you a bit better. Unlike you and Elis, parents aren't much of a problem for me cuz by the time the kids are mine, the parents aren't too active with the schools. I hear you on the cold turkey thing. I hate it too. Great, interesting post. Love the picture, too!!

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exactly the same way. I have been home three weeks now with no job. And when I do get to start if will be something new and I am in major panic mode.

    If Will and I were together I would not have to worry about money but we aren't so I am. He is helping me though.

    I wrote a post yesterday about you why question. You whould read it. I can do new things when Will is suporting me but otherwise, I freeze.

    I know how you feel. But I am with Elis, write about the laundry. I bet it would be hysterical!

    I also have the parents issue....but with me it is the "kids". Most of my patients are elderly and their kids want to butt in but not help their parents. I don't have it as bad as you. I don't keep my patients 9 months, typically one month.

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, you write better during a blog lag than I do after thinking for hours of all sorts of ideas! You are enchanting because you are so conversational... reading your posts always feels like chatting with a good friend, regardless of the subject.

    How wonderful that your team won! Simple pleasures, right? And I, too, look forward to the laundry post... work in a hint of spanking or just plain great sex and you've got yourself a fantasy... hint, hint!!

    Big hugs and TTFN,
    Tiggr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos to Bossman for supporting you when you needed it. The stress from working a job that wrong for you personally eats away at your family as well as yourself. Keep looking, it's not always about top dollar or most elite job - sometimes it's just about one that's brings in enough money while not sapping away what you need for your real life. Only you can decide what you need out of a job besides money : self actualization, comfort, schedule, etc. Take time to figure that out, and don't fall into the trap of caring what it looks like to anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HiYa Grace::

    The picture of the team members was wonderful, nope not revealing at all. Hooray, they won their first game! I bet the celebration is still going!!

    Everyone's right you know. Laundry is just as important as lust. We're all adults, we all know the struggles each of us faces. This is your space, a place for you to say what's important and if it's laundry, then it's laundry.

    You're home right now for a reason. You're right where you're supposed to be, doing just what you're supposed to be doing. Go with it and if a job is in your future, it will come along.

    I loved that you said "It is what it is." How often do I hear that? Oh, almost every day!!

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for the encouraging comments. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one that goes through these things.

    I am extremely lucky to have my husband. He keeps me safe and knows when things are too much to bear. He would rather have me safe and happy then to have a couple of bucks in our pocket!

    You guys are the best!
    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete