Gratefulness comes in many forms. You can say your grateful with a thank-you or a note.
You can show you are grateful with a smile or a hug.
Sometimes you can show you are grateful by just being there.
I know that today is the letter “i”. I am indeed grateful for things like ice cream, ideas, icicles, inspiration. But today I am grateful for life.
I am grateful that I got to spend the weekend with my SIL. We had fun. We smiled. We laughed. We hugged. We cried.
We talked about the fear of dying. We talked about how unfair life can be. We talked about our love for each other. We also talked about hope.
The doctors have said that there isn’t much hope left. I disagree. There is so much hope. I hope, Bossman hopes, my children hope. My church family hopes. My internet family hopes. People that don’t know D have hope.
There is hope everywhere we turn. So we cling to that hope. We cling to every single drop of hope.
And we pray. And pray. And pray.
So, today I am grateful for life. I’m grateful for my family and my friends and most of all…..
I’m grateful for D.
Grace, honey, Davey and I join our prayers to yours for healing for your, and everyones loved ones who need it, healing of mind, body or spirit.
ReplyDeleteHope is good; and should be strong; faith should also be strong, and I thank and praise God now for the healing that has been received; it is not always the healing expected but is always the healing that is needed. God bless and strengthen you all at this time. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Amen to what Daisy so eloquently said. I too will keep you all in my prayers, I know that you are blessed to have D and she is blessed to have such a wonderful SIL. There is always hope, faith and love.
ReplyDeleteC
2nd time I've cried this morning; my best to you and D and your whole family and yes, let us still have hope. {{{{hugs}}}}
ReplyDeleteDear Grace:
ReplyDeletethis was such a beautiful post.. i complete agree with you there is a lot of hope! a lot of prayers and a lot of love!!
you and your family are in our prayers and in our heart!
huge hugs!
löthianne
Grace I am so glad you had this weekend. It is good to hold onto your hope, but at the same time not let your hope get in the way of having the weekend you all experienced.
ReplyDeleteI have big hopes for D and all of you too!
Huggs!
Theresa
Thank you Daisy! Beautifully said! We appreciate all the prayers. Only God knows what will happen next.
ReplyDeleteC, Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Amber, Now I didn't mean to make you cry! Hope is all we can have right now, so we keep on hoping! I know you are hoping right along with us!
löthianne, Thank you for your support! Every little bit helps!
Theresa, if anyone knows what we are going through it would be you. I may need some advice as time goes on. For now, we are taking it one day at a time and enjoying every second that we can with her!
HUGS!
grace
there is always hope...beautiful post hugs
ReplyDeletethere is always hope...beautiful post hugs
ReplyDeleteI'll pray too.
ReplyDeleteKayLynn