5 years ago I started this blog. I can’t believe it’s been this long. So many things have changed in my life.
My daughter was in 8th grade, now she’s a college student.
My son was in kindergarten, now he’s in 5th grade.
We had old cars that were always breaking down. Now we have two newer cars that are still under warranty.
My MIL was a Christian, now she’s a Muslim.
My Grandma passed away.
I was 35 when I started this blog and now I’m 40.
This blog has changed me. It’s helped me sort my feelings out. It’s helped me understand things I didn’t understand before. I am brave enough to say things that I wouldn’t have dared said 5 years ago.
I’ve gone back and read some of my early posts. The person that wrote those was scared and unsure of herself. She wrote a lot of downer posts in the beginning. Life seemed to be getting in the way of living. Bad cars, no money, fighting with Bossman, they all cropped up in the early years of this blog. I believe Bossman and I have grown. Our marriage has grown stronger in the last 5 years. It’s fun to look back, but I’m glad I’m here now.
I’ve met some bloggers, in real life, and here on my blog. I have learned things from you. I have learned much about myself. I’ve opened my mind to new ideas and thoughts, thanks to all of you.
So, thanks for 5 years! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Thank you for taking the time to write me a line or comment on something I wrote. I appreciate every single comment.
I am grateful to you all!
HUGS!
grace
Congratulations Grace! I had to snicker at this part:
ReplyDeleteMy MIL was a Christian, now she’s a Muslim.
I'm sorry, but...ahahahaha! That still strikes me as funny. :)
Isn't it great to look back? I still have all my old posts too and every once in a while I have re-read some of them. It's fascinating.
I'm glad you and Bossman have done so great! Good on ya!
Dear Grace:
ReplyDelete5 years of posting experiences, fears, dreams, thoughts... wow!! you have such a treasure in here!! :) because believe me this blog is a treasure for all of us!! you are such a positive girl! i love to read you and i feel really lucky to have the chance of read and know more about a very sweet and strong woman like you!!
huge huge hugs!! and wish you 22323 years more!! :)
löthianne
FIVE YEARS? I haven't even been here five months! Well done, may you be here for many more. hugs, xxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! You may be the baby but you are the old lady out here! I am so grateful for you and your blog. Your being out here has brought many good things to my life too. But mostly I love seeing the changes in your life and your wonderful marriage.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
PK
That's quite some achievement lovely one....congratulations.
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree with what the others have said too about your writing, coming here is like coming into a home furnished with love.
love and hugs xxx
Grace, congratulations! That's fabulous, especially since you are still posting regularly. My vanilla blog has probably been around that long, but hasn't been updated in months. I'm glad you are still writing and enjoying your topic. :)
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteHappy blogiversary! Five years is like 35 in blog years! So many blogs spring up then disappear. I'm glad you stayed around for all you readers.
Big hugs,
Hermione
Grace,
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic! Congratulations and thank you for all you contribute to our community.
Hugs,
Bonnie
Amber, isn't it funny though? It's hard to imagine someone could change so drastically. She's always been a little difficult to get along with, now it's just darn impossible!
ReplyDeletelöthianne, Thank you so much for the compliment! I feel lucky to have YOU as a reader!
Daisy, you are just a baby in the blogging world, but I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work and someday we will celebrate YOUR 5 year anniversary!
PK, you know I love ya! You've made some of these years quite interesting!
M:e, Thank you for the lovely compliment. I am blushing.
K, Thank you, I can't believe I've managed to make it this far. I try to publish when I can, sometimes not as often as I'd like, but the topic is about me so I better like it....LOL
Hermione, Wow, I didn't know that blog years were like dog years! Now I feel really old! ;) You've made me wonder...I wonder who is the longest reader of my blog?
Bonnie, Thanks so much for stopping by. I contribute when I can, but lately spanking has been on the back burner! Hopefully, I'll have more to contribute soon!
HUGS Everyone!
grace