I've been thinking a lot about all the things to be grateful for that start with J. I had a bunch of great ones, and now that I finally have a chance to sit down and type it out, I forgot them all!
Let's see if I can come up with anything.
My son. My sons name starts with J. He is such a blessing. He makes me laugh all the time. He's smart, he's funny, he's cute. He smells like a dirty dog when he comes home from football. He's the sweetest little man I know. He's extremely sensitive, and every night he prays for the sick and hungry children in the world. When the football team has to run, you will most likely find my son helping the little boy that is the slowest, cheering him on, and pushing him to the end. My son is my blessing.
Juice. I love orange juice. It's like my coffee in the morning. It peps me up and brightens my day. My mom wouldn't buy orange juice because it was too expensive. No matter how much money we have or don't have, juice is always in the house.
Jasmine. I love the smell of jasmine. It is calm and peaceful. What more needs to be said?
Joy. Life would be so unhappy without it.
Jam. I just love strawberry jam on an English muffin. Goes great with my juice
Junk food. (sung to the tune of "Favorite things", from the Sound of Music) Whip cream and chocolate, ice cream and strudel, cookies and candy and snickerdoodles. Pizza and popcorn and ju-ju bees...these are a few of my favorite things.
Last, but never least...
Jesus I don't usually like to talk about religion in this blog. I find it hard to mix religion and spanking. But the J day would not be complete if I didn't say how grateful I am that I know Jesus. I believe He died for me. I believe that I am here today because of Him. I would not be who I am without Him. Enough said.
Hope you all have a great "J" day!!!!!
later......
Thank you Grace, a lovely list, this is your blog dear girl say what you like, the sincerity of your words move me.
ReplyDeleteBig warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace::
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful list, I loved your musical ode to Junk food and your tribute to your son was so sweet. I believe that when a child is like that they are reflecting the love they know at home. Good Job!!!
Hmmm, religion and spankings don't mix?? It's fun. It makes you happy and brings you peace. It brings you and Bossman closer together. And as you read my thoughts I bet you were thinking spanking...no indeed, I was thinking both! Each is part of the beauty and the wonder that is you.
And Bravo on the images!! I loved the cartoon you posted for Eva and Elis...too cute!!
**Big Hugs**
♥ CeeCi
Grace wonderful list!! I had forgotten the dirty dog smell of little boys. I miss it now that you reminded me.
ReplyDeleteI didn't put Jesus and I should have. I have questions too. I like what CeeCi said. Maybe I'll email sometime and we can talk more.
Elis
A great list indeed, Grace. I love the image of your son. He sounds like a caring and sensitive boy. Some lucky woman will thank you one day for raising such a gem!
ReplyDeleteCheers! --SuZQ
Grace~ Now that you mention it, it's been a struggle for me also reconciling this lifestyle with my faith. I think I'm about there. In my humble opinion it all comes down to submission. If our submission is demanded of us then it's taken from us unwillingly (kind of like being raped) however when we give it willingly it's a gift. Which is the way God wants? This is why He gives us free will to follow Him or not. He wants it to be our choice... not something He demands and takes. Likewise, when we choose to submit to our husbands it becomes our gift to them and is far more pleasing to us and God alike than when it's stripped from us unwillingly. And yes, I believe that includes our gift of submitting in our spanking lives also. Any true act of submission is a gift given in love and humility and more than anything God loves a humble heart.
ReplyDeleteIt blew me away the first time I heard my husband praying about this part of our lives and thanking God for what we share together. If the marriage bed is undefiled, I would imagine that goes for the rest of the house too.
Sorry this is so long....
No wait... I'm not sorry. I take that back.
Eva
Thank you all for your kind words! I guess it wasn't so hard to think of J's as I thought.
ReplyDeleteEva, I loved what you said. This is exactly how I feel. I've struggled with this subject, I think this is one of my biggest problems. I've written some of my thoughts on the subject, but I've been really afraid to post it. I don't want to offend anyone.
Oh, don't apologize for being long, I expect that from a teacher! ;)
Grace~ Yeah we teachers can be somewhat long winded.... How can you offend anyone? It's YOUR blog!! If anyone doesn't like what you have to say they don't HAVE to read it! I would LOVE to read what you've written on it...
ReplyDeleteEva
What you all said about this part of our lives in relation to our religious beliefs is beautiful. Thank you. And I'm going to hop on the Gratitude Tuesday bandwagon - what a lovely idea!
ReplyDelete