How's your sex drive?

I have a friend named kitten. I've been reading her blog for a long time. Some of her posts have dealt with the fact that her hubby doesn't have much of a sex drive. They have been having a hard time working through it all, but I'm hopeful that they are working toward a resolution.

This brings me to my own sex drive. Believe it or not, I can relate to her problem. Unfortunately, I can relate to her hubby, CD, more.

This is hard to admit, but I feel like if I'm going to be honest on this blog, I need to admit this, because if you read my blog regularly, you could easily get the impression that I don't have a problem in the sex area of my marriage. But, I do. Or did, or sometimes do. There, I said it.

Now, I have to explain it, and that's where it gets hard.

Actually, just so this doesn't sound too horrible, things aren't as bad as they used to be. So, there is light at the end of the tunnel. But things have been very black.

When Bossman and I first got married, we were both very young. Neither of us had ever had sex with anyone else. We still haven't. We were inexperienced, to say the least. So, who's to say what is normal and what isn't when you're that young? We certainly didn't know.

Bossman has always had a strong sex drive. Actually, to be accurate, he's probably just a normal average male, with a normal, average, sex drive. Me? not so much. I have a much harder time getting into a sexual mood. I don't like being touched. That last sentence makes me sad. How does a person not like to be touched? How is it that I don't want my husband touching me? It's just wrong.

So in the beginning, things weren't so good. He wanted sex a lot, I didn't. I think it was a couple of years before I even had orgasm with him. I could give myself one, but with him...I didn't think that would ever happen. One of the biggest problems was communication. I would never think of telling him where to touch me to make me have an "O". So that was a problem. But a bigger part of my problem was, even if Bossman was just going to cuddle with me, I would back away. In my mind, even a cuddle was going to lead to sex and I wasn't in the mood for sex. So, just a cuddle, or a caress would send me scurrying to the edge of the bed. On the other hand, there were times when I thought Bossman was just being overly sensitive by my rejection, that I had given him MORE than enough and I really was a sexual person, he just didn't get me.

kitten says in her blog that CD said, "there's just no satisfying you". I cringed when I read that. It sounds so harsh. Sad thing is, I've said the same thing to Bossman.

Now, for one moment, I'd like to be on kitten and Bossmans side of the coin. To say there is no satisfying you, is unfair. Sexual desire is not gone once you have sex. It's completely normal to want sex the next day. It's human nature to desire sex. Most humans crave human touch. Humans are much happier when they are touched and loved. If our sexual desire was fulfilled once we had sex, we'd only have to have sex to have babies. Because our sexual desire would be fulfilled. Right?

Then there's the rejection. How does it feel to be rejected by the person that is suppose to love you most? Even if that person tells you, "it's not you" how can you not feel rejected? How do you get over the hurt?

But on my side of the coin it feels like I can't do enough. I feel like I gave you sex last night, now you should be good. You should be happy with that. You should be fulfilled. Right?

Now, what about the "pity" sex? What about those times I just gave in, just to get you off my back. I gave in because I didn't want to see the look of hurt and disappointment in your eyes again. Plus, I wanted to shed myself of some of the guilt that comes with denying the person you love, the love and touch that they need and deserve. But, you and I both know, my heart wasn't in it. I also know, the guilt didn't disappear, it only got worse. Is that fair? To either of us?

There are times when I feel like an utter failure. I feel like I'm not a normal person. I feel like I'm defective. My heart and soul are with the man that I love, but I can't give him what he needs. This breaks my heart.

I know what my problem is. Bossman knows what my problem is. Knowing what the problem is, doesn't make it any easier. Plus, I'm not one to use what happened to me in the past to excuse what is happening now. But sometimes you just can't push what happened to you aside and pretend that it didn't happen. Yes, I was sexually abused as a child. I only tell you this so you will understand. I didn't say this to make you feel sorry for me. It was a very long time ago, and I have made peace with it. Pity me not, for I survived and it's made me the person I am today.

Well, this post doesn't have any answers. I have no idea what changed in me. I still have bad times. I still have times when I just don't want to be touched. Nowadays these times seem to be only when I'm hormonal. But I still get those same old "bad" feelings from time to time. Finding out what turns me on was a big step in the right direction. Spanking spiced up our life and made us get a lot closer together. Letting Bossman know that quickies can relieve some sexual tension on days when I'm not in the mood isn't such a bad thing. Quickies don't have to equal "pity" sex. And truthfully, nine times out of ten, once the quickie starts the "bad" feelings start feeling good. Of course, communication is the key.

It truly is a sad place to be, when you can't find that loving feeling with the person you love. It makes you feel like a failure. It's makes you feel like your partner could do so much better with someone else. It makes you question your relationship and your love for your partner. The worst part is, it makes you wonder how your partner could ever love you.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I have a husband that never gave up on me. Bossman stuck with me though all of it. Somewhere along the line I made some self discoveries. I discovered that I am a sexual being. I discovered what makes me tick. Discovering and admitting that I am turned on by spankings is what helped me. It has helped me to communicate things to Bossman that I would never has told him before. It helped us become closer to each other, which in turn, helped me to want to have sex with my husband. My sex drive is in much higher gear than it ever was before. For that, I am truly grateful.

Bossman, I know you will probably read this. When you do, I want you to know, it isn't your fault. It was never your fault. You were a victim. But you were also the hero. You have stayed by me and loved me even when things were rough. I'm sorry you had to go though rejection and hurt and that it was caused by me. If I could take back all that hurt, I would. Since I can't, I can only say, I'm sorry. It was never my intention to hurt you. I love you and I always will.

Thank you for not giving up on me. I think I'm the luckiest person in the world.

As a matter of fact....I know I am.

later.....

15 comments:

  1. I wish I could reach through and help with your pain, comfort you in some way. I have been VERY happily married for 30 years, and yet this issue has dogged us as well. We do not argue, or hold it against each other, but it causes pain. In our case, I'm the one with the stronger desire, and I find comfort in the closeness of sex when I'm unhappy or stressed. My husband is my polar opposite: his desire is normally lower than mine, but let him become stressed, unhappy or worried, and it dies altogether. I understand, of course, but it often leaves me feeling rejected and without comfort when I most need it. Even if I say nothing, he knows me well enough to feel pressured by the need he knows is there. Because I've felt rejected periodically throughout our marriage, and found it enormously painful, I will do anything to prevent him from feeling that way. I never turn him down for sex, ever. I am able to have loving intercourse when I am distracted, cranky, even with a headache. It is my loving gift because I would never want him to feel the way I feel sometimes. I do wonder sometimes though, is it because he has never felt rejection that he cannot fully comprehend how deeply I feel mine? All this occurs in a marriage where we are both very happy and have solved everything else so this is something we just tweak as needed, and try very hard not to blame each other for.
    Best wishes to you and Bossman, don't give up on each other - you can choose to love through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you anything better than this anonymous woman above. But I really think that just bringing this "story" in the open, does help you, her and maybe others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Grace, such a brave post, I'm so glad that TTWD is bringing you both together closer, and I'm sure this post will help as well.
    Never give up, love will find the way.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace,
    I love you! Please watch your email.

    Elis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace~
    I love you! Please watch your email.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, thank you so much for such a heartfelt comment. This problem seems to be more prevelant than I thought. I'm so glad you and your husband seem to be able to work through this, I know that Bossman and I work through it everyday. Lucky for us, things are getting much better than the were in the beginning.

    Danielle, you are right. Bringing this story out into the open helps to realize that I am not the only one. A good friend said, when more people tell you they have gone through the same thing, you feel less lonely. That is a good thing.

    Thank you Paul for your encouraging words. Bossman and I have love so you're right, love will find the way. HUGS!

    Eva and Elis, I love you guys too! Thanks for the e-mails!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace~

    It looks like you're about to receive another email.

    **Big Hugs**
    ♥ CeeCi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace, I think this post could have been written by any number of women. Myself included. "there's just no satisfying you" *cring* I've had that said to me and it stings! You've got an excellent post and a very lucky husband. Wish you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you Grace and you are lucky. I'm so glad I took Eva's advice and stopped wearing mascara.

    I'm emailing too!

    Hugs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have had many periods of time in our marriage when we have gone without sex because I got in to the habit of saying. I have shouted things like what's your problem, we only did it at the weekend. How awful. The worst thing being that most of the time when I did give in I enjoyed it, so I was depriving him for no reason. One of our rules now is that he can have sex when ever he wants it although he would never force me if I truly didn't want to its just a way to get things started. However we don't have that problem very often anymore since we discovered spanking and DD.

    Sorry to have gone on so long.

    Take care,

    Luv,

    Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace, this probably doesn't matter, nor will it solve any problems, but I think it is a rare couple indeed whose libidos are equal. I think there will always be one partner who will want sex more often than the other. It's how you deal with it now (not years ago) that counts. You can't do anything about how things USED to be--only how you and he deal with things today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace - I'm sorry that I'm late wading in here but I can so relate to this post, to every feeling and every thought...

    "I don't like being touched." That was my life's motto for so very, very long, but it spoke to a deeper need, that one hinted at in your post about communication, a primal lack of trust, lack of security, lack of sense of self, or more importantly, a positive sense of self.

    I ultimately turned that motto outward and acted on every impulse, every sexual urge, meanwhile I was dying inside... I just couldn't open up and let go.

    Blowjobs were the same exact way for me and I hated them. They made me ill, made me physically sick (them, not the men attached to them, though sometimes that, too, before Dante). They were something to suffer through, to be forced into, to do because it was all I deserved... all based on childhood horrors and old tapes that kept repeating in my head.

    Dante found me in the midst of this turmoil and things have been "rough" to say the least, for the duration of our relationship, because of me and my insecurities and my unwillingness to just let go. But somewhere along the way, I started to, a little at a time, and now, a whole new world is opening up to me (including bj's, which is actually perhaps even more thrilling to me than to Dante, no joke)...

    But again, the healing is on a much deeper level, and we are moving forward together, with no inpenetrable walls between us. It sounds as though you and Bossman are doing the same, and for that, I am really, really, REALLY happy for both of you... you've found your muse and your hero, and he has indeed found the woman of his dreams!

    Love,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Todd and Suzy and your right, I am extremely lucky to have Bossman.

    HUGS!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, you don't know me, but I was pointed to your blog from another. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to deal with your past and still try and discover the sexual being within you. My father was a victim of sexual abuse over forty years ago, and he still has a great deal of difficulty with emotional intimacy. From what I understan, your reaction is completely normal and understandable, but I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Kudos to you for trying to allow yourself to heal and begin to dissaciate what happened to you before from what can be enjoyable to you now, and kudos to your husband for helping you do that. Best of luck on your continued journey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Anon,

    Thank you for your recent comment on this post. This was a hard post to write. Thank you for your thoughtful comment.

    I am very lucky to have a husband that cares enough about me to not give up. It takes a very big person to put aside their own wants and needs to help another with thiers. My Bossman is the best!

    HUGS!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete