Yesterday was terrific!
First there was this great post. I laughed my ass off! It was so funny and sweet. Just made my day complete. (I'm a poet and didn't know it...)
Ok, I thought my day was complete, until Bossman showed up at lunch time.
Here's the deal, I didn't have a very good Tuesday. Actually, my day was great, but I didn't get anything done. I pretty much lazed around, getting drunk on blogs. Thats right people, I said it, drunk on blogs. You know that feeling?? The one where you've been on the computer for WAY too long and you can barely get out of the computer chair? Your butt has completely melted into the seat of the chair, becoming one with the chair. You've held your pee in so long, that once you stand, you somehow have to make it to the bathroom without having an accident. The area around your computer looks like snack hell, ding dong wrappers, pepsi cans, chip crumbs, the breakfast bowl from 6 hours ago.
Well, I don't know if you realize this, but there is a hang over after being blog drunk. Believe me people when I say, it's not pretty. The drunken blog hang over consists of me being extra cranky. All that junk food, limited movement, (oh, my hands and fingers are really in shape!) and eyeball dryness, really take a toll on my body. So Tuesday night, with blog hangover in full effect, I was CRANKY!
Bossman was not to pleased with the results of me spending all day on the computer. Not only was I a cranky lady, but the house was a mess. I don't understand the problem really, I mean, why make the bed, it's just gonna get messed up again that night. And so what if Bossman doesn't have clean underwear, I didn't have time to buy him some more. (I KNOW, I just posted about dirty laundry. But Eva did point out how very inconsistent I am.)
As a result, Bossman informed me, he would be home to take care of me tomorrow. Somehow, I got the feeling this is NOT the kind of taken care of that would bode well for my bottom.
So yesterday, after a wonderful morning of reading blogs, I figured I better get some stuff done. After reading Evas blog, I was in a terrific mood so cleaning was a breeze. I threw laundry in, cleaned the bedroom, made the bed, you know, all that fun stuff. I figured if I made an effort, things might not go so bad later...if you know what I mean.
Bossman did come home for lunch. I had hoped he might have forgotten, but I was pretty sure he didn't. He saw that I had made an effort, but after he was done eating, he said those inevitable words...we need to talk. This while walking down the hall to the bedroom. Uh oh. This wasn't looking good for me.
I spent the next 15 minutes over his lap being "talked" to. Bossman likes to use the woodenspoon and paintstirrer for these so called "talks". He communicates very well with them, I might add.
I didn't have much to say after that. Pretty much ow and ouch were the only things coming out of my mouth.
30 minutes later, I was at my sons school. It was a room mother tea, so we could discuss with the teachers about parties and such. I had to sit on those yucky metal chairs. Oh yeah baby, fun, fun, fun!
But you know something, looking back on yesterday, I only look back with fondness. It really was a great day. I mean really, great friend writes a nice post about you, hubby spanks your butt. Who could ask for anything more????
later.....
Of course you had a good day Grace, praise and punishment go together like peanut butter and cheese.
ReplyDeleteNice post dear girl.
Warm hugs,
Paul
Good one Paul....go together like peanut butter and tomato soup.
ReplyDeleteAs I am reading this, I am looking around at my computer desk. Three cups, bottle of advil,
pack of birth control pills, (oh thanks that reminds me) empty bowl, empty plate. Your Tuesday is my everyday!!
I wish there was some way I could make a living at this???
But the way I see it you have it made, blog away, everybody wins. You have fun, we have fun, and now you know it is a great way to get a toasty butt!
Hugs
Theresa
Okay Grace, I am looking around my recliner as I set here with my laptop. Four empty cups, a jar to peanuts, the salt shakers, pack of crackers, and a cake wrapper. And my spell checker- I'm terrible!
ReplyDeleteBlog hangover, yep, good description. Your day does sound wonderful. We haven't had a minute alone but I am still in a better frame of mind.
Hugs,
elis
A blog hangover?! I love it!!! I think I have a blog Addiction! Haven't had the hang over yet, but I keep getting interrupted! It does make me cranky like you though! :-) I love it! You make me smile every time I read!
ReplyDeleteCarye
What's on your desk? Is this a new bloggers game? I'vwe got let's see.... a cup... a spoon... a diet vanilla pepsi can... a bottle of hydrogen peroxide... oh, who cares? LOL Nice post, my friend. Glad your butt's nice and warm!!
ReplyDeleteEva
Grace,
ReplyDeleteDrunk on blogs? I'm a freaking blogaholic! Talk about a binge...
I'm glad you had a great day. may your weekend be as satisfying.
Hugs,
Bonnie
I couldn't agree more Grace!!! My addiction got tempered with a spanking last night, too... and I even agree with the ouch and ow and the better than happy bounce I felt afterward, even if it was difficult to walk, much less sit or lay on my back...
ReplyDeleteAt least we will have each other to keep company for the 12-step program... can't you just seriously see us all hanging out together in one place? Scary thought... fun and thrilling but oh, so scary, especially for our hubbys...
Hugs, big ones, and pillows... I hate wooden spoons and though we don't have a paint stirrer, Dante uses lots of other things that feel just as icky.
And Paul, peanut butter andh CHEESE??? OOOOH yuck, bluck puke and throw up! I love cheese and can tolerate peanut butter, but never together.
Love,
Tiggs
I have to do most of my blog reading, commenting and writing at work, so too, too many interuptions to be blog drunk. Bummer deal!
ReplyDeleteBut it does look like I have something to look forward to in the future. wooohoooo!
Paul, I love cheese, but not a big fan of peanut butter. But your right, it was a very good day.
ReplyDeleteTheresa, if we could make a living out of this, we'd all be rich!!!
PK, sounds like you need to do some cleaning, I KNOW you love all things domestic!
Caryagal, I love it when I can make someone smile.
Eva, that DOES sound like a good game, glad you thought of it!
Bonnie and Tig, should we all start the 12 step program together? And who would head it up? We are ALL in big trouble. But me, I could stop at any time...any time at all, sure-I-could!
Maggie, how lucky are you that you can do all this blogging at work, blog and make money...my kinda job!
kitten, I've missed you, I hope your issues aren't too bad. Thanks for saying Eva was right on, but don't tell her, she tends to get a big head when she's right! *sending you big hugs*
HUGS Everyone!
grace