disconnected


I'm feeling disconnected.

Bossman and I haven't really been getting along lately. I KNOW! How can that be? How could he and I be at odds?

There are many things that brought us here. Money issues have played a big part. He and I have very different views on how money should be spent. I take the practical approach, he, not-so-much. It's hard for me to want any sort of connection with him when I feel I'm right. Maybe I'm not right, but if I think I'm right, nothing else really matters. RIGHT???

So I have been a little distant with him lately.

Tomorrow I am having the dreaded pap-smear. Seems that is going around blog land lately.

Anyway, I have a few female problems. Aunt Flo, is a very regular visitor, but her dog Spot, stays around most of the month. Spot tends to get in the way of a good sex life. We've been dealing with it, and Bossman is very kind and considerate about it, but it's very yucky, and I don't enjoy that little part of our sex life.

Problem is, it seems to be brought on mostly by sex. So we haven't had any sex this week as I haven't wanted to start spotting before my test.

This always disconnects us. Bossman gets crankier than usual when denied sex. I get cranky when denied spankings. I certainly don't want to risk any marks on my bottom before my test. So we are both a tad on the cranky side this week.

Other news. The wildchild was denied the entry into independent study. Apparently, my child is not ENOUGH of a problem to be a thorn in their side. See, my child just ditches. She doesn't smoke, she doesn't get in fights, and generally everyone likes her. Just because she fails all her important classes and hangs out in the bathroom for alot of those classes, puts her in the "she's not on the school radar, so she doesn't matter!" category.

She failed history in 10th grade. She made up one of the semesters in summer school.
They told me she only needed one summer school class, turns out she was suppose to take 2 classes. So now she's a semester short on history. You would think they would put her in history class this year, right? Nope, the 10th graders get priority. So she will have to take it for summer school this year. She also failed geometry this last semester. Chances are pretty great that if she didn't get geometry last semester, she won't get it this semester. Since summer school is only 2 classes, she will have to make up a class next year also. This is barring she doesn't fail anything else. Now they are telling me that she didn't get in the independent study because seniors had priority. URRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

When does MY daughter get priority?

I think I should go now...I feel the need to call the principal, (lots of really bad names!)

later......

I took this picture at the zoo last year, I'm thinking of sending it to the principal.

8 comments:

  1. Whew~ I'm just glad that picture's not for us teachers!!

    Seriously though, I understand your frustration in all that you wrote about and you know what? Yeah you do know, huh? It's all NORMAL!! BUT make sure you make reconnecting with your bossman a priority this week!!

    Hugs~
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,
    About schools and the Wildchild - around here the parent that makes the most noise, come in to talk to the principal as many times as needed to get what they want for their child are the one who get action. Not the screamers but the persistent, and you don't appear to be the hateful type! Good luck.

    Maybe the doctor with be about to help you with the spotting and subsequent problems that brings on. And like my twin said making everything good with Bossman is #1 priority!!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, not sure about the NORMAL part, I've never been accused of being normal. But things will get better tomorrow, as soon as I get home!

    PK, my Mom told me the same thing, make noise. I did talk to the principal today. He wasn't much help. So we have to wait a few weeks. Oh well, this might just be Gods way of telling me the whole thing is a bad idea.

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the bad idea would be NOT sending that picture, but be sure to do it anonymously... after all, they will just blame one of those kids who got priority over your daughter anyhow...

    Can't wait to here about the events AFTER your doctor's visit! *grins*

    Something tells me that Bossman will connect with you in ALL the right ways and places...

    Love you girl,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I hope that I know you well enough to know that you will re-connect with Bossman in short order.
    Being neither a parent or teacher I can't comment on your problems with the Wildchild, I've been around long enough to know that you are not unique in this and that most parents sort it, I'm sure that you will as well.
    Sending you positive thoughts and patience.
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes fix things with Bossman and everything else will fall into place. Maybe some low dose hormones can help the spotting.

    Like teachers and parent, nurses and patients are the same. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

    I'm pulling for you hon!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace!
    I am sure that if you approach it regularly and don't go away you'll get what you need. If the principal won't listen, go to the school board. you have a great argument here. She is desperately in need of this. Lets not make her do more -- ie smoke etc in order to be qualified! Lets get someone who is at risk into a program before things get worse. Keep after them. It is the only way you will be heard. Be smart, try not to be angry make sure you present it so both you and the school are wanting to do what is in her "best interest"..... ;0)

    Carye

    PS: Good luck at the gyn :-) O don't deal with that until.... August? yea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grace,we went through something similar with our oldest son. Finally we had to go before the school board to get action. I can tell you from experience that you just keep trying UNTIL THEY CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE AND ARE SICK OF YOU!!!! Things worked out in the end, it wasn't easy but it was worth it! That's probably part of the disconnection with you and bossman. Stress can effect your health and personal life. Hang in there.. It will get better...GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete