
Now that Valentines day is over, I can tell you how I really feel about the day.
UGH! I don't like this day. As a matter of fact, WHY??? why do we have this day? Who decided this was a good idea? Hallmark? Wal-mart? For the love of God, why do we need another holiday to buy stuff? Have you all tried to go down the Valentine isle at Wal-mart 2 days before this holiday? It's practically worse than Christmas. All I wanted was a box of Valentines for my son to give to his class. Is that REALLY too much to ask? Apparentally it is, because there wasn't much left to chose from. As a matter of fact, he had the choice between Hello Kitty and Barbie. Oh yes, and Blues Clues. ~sigh~
Not good choices for an 8 year old boy. So it seems that now I am going to have to plan my Valentines day shopping at least 3 weeks in advance, just so I can get the good Valentines. Now I understand why they put out the Valentines the day after Christmas. Because we MUST shop early to get the best selection. As it turns out, I bought the little man some ring pops with heart stickers to put his name on. Which means I just made him the COOL kid because everyone knows the cool kids give out candy with their valentines.Back to me....
So do I think flowers and candy and stuffed animals going to prove how much Bossman loves me? I don't think so!
Flowers will die, candy will most definately go to my hips, and the stuffed animal will get stuffed in a closet, in a box, because I can't throw away something HE gave me. That would be rude.
Why is there so much pressure to make this "all important day" perfect? WE MUST have ROMANCE!!! Why does the world have to dictate when we are romantic? If you don't get candles and get taken out to dinner, you must be a loser...right? Isn't that what this day is about? Isn't it about making sure all our single friends feel left out and alone. Lets just all rub it in the face of the ones that are alone how romantic we can be. YUCKO people! If you ask me, it's just stupid stupid stupid!!!
Ok, I think I'm done now.
So, want to know what I did for Valentines day? Come on, you know you want to know.
Well, since I don't want to rub it in to all the singles out there I'll just say,
It involved spanking.
It involved a letter.
It involved a sunset.
In that order.
It was nice.
You can go about your business now, I'm done! I'm exhausted but done. Ranting sure takes a lot out of a gal.

Now, if I have to see one more commercial for Kay's jewelry, If I have to hear "Every kiss begins with Kay" ONE MORE TIME.......AAARRRRGGGGHHHH
later....
Geeze, woman. You can go from nothing to something faster than my pup can attack my cat. Excellent post and I agree with every last word that you said!! And I thought I was the only one who hates the every kiss begins with Kay thing. oh, and one more thing, you are the coolest mom. I would have just bought him the barbie ones and told him to buck up and get over it. Kidding.
ReplyDeleteHugs~
Eva
Great post! A bit light on some detail but I enjoyed the basic overall idea. Now I liked Valentine this year not for Kay jewelry but for fine leather toys!!
ReplyDeleteNow those commericals I would be happy to watch over and over. Why do they never advertise for us??
I am pretty much with you here. I went to Walmart today and everything Valentines was 50% off. I bought some roses and chocolates!
ReplyDeleteMy idea of a great Valentines is a special dinner at home. Going out makes for a nightmare!
Heart shaped paddles are nice!
Huggs
Theresa
Grace, being a romantic, you would think I'd go nuts over Valentines day. If that's your thing, enjoy.
ReplyDeleteMel and I didn't, we loved each other and Mel got what she liked on the 14th as she did every other day of the year.
It was a fertility rite, it's now a financial wrong and should be forgotten, unless of course you like dancing in public places and beating girls with soft leather straps, now there's a thought. WEG!!!
Warm hugs,
Paul.
Grace,
ReplyDeletePapa Shrek and I totally agree! This year he called and asked me to be his valentine and I did the same. That was it! Of course for my 8 year old, she had to make a hand made valentines box for school and personally address every card herself to distribute to her whole class. YUCK!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I would much rather get some flowers on an "non-holiday" just because than anytime else! Maybe it is those who don't have happy mariages and romance regularly that need this. Oh yes, I WILL NEVER SHOP AT KAYS!!!!
Carye
Great post... agree with every word. The entire chocolate thing is especially irritating when you're dieting. Who needs that? We sent each other an online card... and then enjoyed a fun 'good girl' spanking. Made for a very nice evening for both of us.
ReplyDelete:)
~Todd & Suzy
Grace, I got Morgan the ring pops too! We have the coolest kids! :)
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteKudos for having the courage to speak the truth!!!!!!
As for how YOU spent the day, those three things, in exactly that order, sound p[retty darned good to me, too. But like PK, I could use a few more details *grins*
Love you, girl,
Tiggs