It's raining cats and dogs



The rain has started here in my area. They've been saying it would rain for the last 2 weeks. I've been thinking that the weather people were just smoking crack or something, but today they were correct!

Of course when it rains, it pours! And I'm not talking about the weather anymore!

First I'd like to thank you all for your encouragement and helpful suggestions. You are all, as usual, correct! I need to get connected with Bossman, and I need to make a big fuss with the school.

Ok, I don't need to make a big fuss with the school. They called this morning and said she's IN!!!!!!!! I guess those names and that picture did the trick!

Actually, I didn't have to use the names or the picture, although I was sorely tempted. I did have a discussion with the principal and told him I didn't want my child left behind. I wanted to make sure that just because my child isn't a HUGE problem didn't mean that she didn't need some help. He seemed very nice and said he would put her name in, but it might be a couple of weeks before they could get her in. He also gave me some helpful suggestions for the rest of this year and next. But I guess my little talk must have left me stuck in his brain, because she was selected to be in, as of this morning, so tomorrow will be her last day of regular school. PRAY this works!!!!

As for being connected to Bossman, we have plans for that tonight :)

Ok, should I tell you about my doctors appointment, or the wildchilds orthodontist appointment?

Oh, pap smears over ortho any day...am I right ladies???

So yesterday I went to the doc. Could there be a more stressful appointment to attend than the pap? Oh, I supppose a colonoscopy probably ranks up there. But the pap is pretty stressful.

I went to the appointment, scheduled for 1:40. I sat in the waiting room until 2:40! That's right, ONE HOUR!!!!!!

Do these doctors do this to us, just to raise our blood pressure? I think they do.

So, I finally get into the exam room. Now, if your a woman, you know the routine, but just for kicks, let me tell you how it went.

First they wiegh you. Like we need to see that depressing number. ~sigh~

Next they take your temp. Which yesterday, mine was elevated slightly to 100.1. Probably because I had to sit in the hot waiting room for an HOUR! Then comes the blood pressure. Again, mine was high. Could it be from waiting in the waiting room for an HOUR?? HMMMM, I wonder.

Now it's time to get naked. That's right, NAKED! Oh sure, they give you this cute little mini paper vest that barely covers your boobies AND they give you this big paper blanket napkin thingie to put over your legs. Whoo HOO! Then they say the magic words...the doctor will be right with you.

HA! This is a lie. I'm pretty sure they have hidden cameras in there so they can entertain themselves with your discomfort. They must get quite the kick out of watching you try and cover your top and bottom. It must be quite amusing to watch you sit there on the table squirming...for 20 more MINUTES!!!!

That's right, 20 minutes later the doctor finally decided to come into the room. Now, these rooms are small, so the minute you hear someone coming even remotely close to the door, you are trying to make sure there is no skin showing, just in case there are people outside the door peeking in. I also forgot to mention that your feet are dangling off the end of the table. My feet were freezing and turning lovely shades of red and purple, which for 20 minutes I kept trying to rub some circulation back in.

Of course, it never fails. The minute I get myself all situated on the table, my cell phone rang. Of course it was on vibrate, but I could hear it, I was the only one in the room. The dilemma occures when you have to decide, do I risk jumping off the table, in the napkin, to get my phone, or do I not? Do I have enough time to grab the phone before anyone opens the door and sees my naked hiney?

See, I knew Bossman was worried. I mean, how long does a pap take? I've been gone now for 2 hours. So....what do I do?

Well, after 20 minutes of thinking I have time, but then chickening out, and then trying to talk myself into answering it again...the doctor finally came in. No, I didn't answer the phone. No hiney shots for the hall.

Now comes the extra fun part. First the doctor went over the blood results from last month. Everything looks great!!! So that was good news. Bad news, my blood pressure is high, so we decide we would try some medication. BOO!

Then comes the part we love most of all. Please put your feet into the stirups and scoot your hiney to the edge of the table. WHOO HOO!!! Time to exam the goods. First he felt me up in front. Now, the question I have is, where do you look while this is taking place? Do you look at the doctor? Do you stare staight up at the ceiling? What do you say while a doctor is feeling you up? So, do you come here often, didn't really seem to apply in this situation.

After finding out that the "girls" are lump free we moved to the kitty. A friend of mine got me started calling it the kitty. I kind of like that name, much more refined than pussy.


As I mentioned before, the kitty can be tempamental. She gets a little messy when being played with. Not that he was playing with her, but he was poking around in a very undignified fashion.

Again, I have to ask, what do you say when the doctor is poking around "down" there? I chose to look up at the ceiling and think about pink ponies and purple dragons. Hey! It works for me.

Finally, the last of the torture was upon me. He lubed up his fingers and put them up the "other" hole. Oooohhhhhh, the humiliation. Could we get any more personal? Hello Doctor, nice to meet you, could you put your fingers up my ass? PLEASE???

At least he lubed up first.

Did I mention I waited for over an HOUR for all this?

Ok, that's it. Wasn't that fun boys and girls. Now, tomorrow we will take a trip to the orthodontist office. It's not nearly as fun, but hey, not everyone wants to feel you up in all the wrong places!

later........

10 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I went to a new OB/Gyn who did the whole "finger in the ass" bit. (My old doc never did that.) I felt so violated. I walked around feeling squishy all day because of the lube and I was just so conscious of my ass. It was horrible. Luckily, my current doc doesn't do it. And, he's always on time, too. Which, as you know, is really unusual for a person who delivers babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! And SuperMegaCongrats on the wildchild's acceptance! That's fantastic! I'm really hoping that this is the boost she needs to get her stuff straightened out. She's going to do you proud, I just know it : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace!
    This was just great. I have several suggestions for you. Always, always get the first appointment of the day! I didn't even have time to check over my paper work before I was called back. Also wear socks and keep them on. I swear my last doctor's fingers had to drag the ground when he walked and I was also surprised when he was the first to do the finger in the ass exam 25 years ago. I didn't know it was going to happen! Now days I have a women doctor and I just don't care any more!

    Yeah for Wildchild! This is a fresh start and I am sure you will all make the most of it. If she interferes with you blogging time however you will have to lock her up for a short time each day.

    This was so much fun I can't wait for the orthodontist story!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!! You did it!!! Diplomatic to the core! Got the job done!! WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited for you and the wild child! However I'm with PK... better have a lock on the computer room door so you get some time to blog still! Too funny description of the appt! My gyn is a woman now and she tries causal conversation during it! Imagine how I felt while prego with the twins..... They did it EVERY week for the last 18 weeks! And I got the fun of having to see "all the doctors in the practice" in case someone other than my chosen doctor had to deliver them! ARRGH!!! :-)

    Glad its over for another year!!!!

    Carye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couple of years ago ,I had to go to urology for inspection of the prostrate.Suppose you know where to find this ? Remember, I postponed again and again. At last I made an appointment and yes the ritual was almost the same.No feeling of humiliation however, just fear this might hurt terrible.Oh,such a relief, that nothing was wrong and it wasn't painful at all. Next time the inspection will be easier for you ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I'm happy about the resolutions of the Wildchild problems.
    About the rest I have a dodgy prostrate, six monthly exams, ugh!!!
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a female doc and she does not do a rectal. She is good, so I think it is probably not neccessary. Also I never have to wait!

    Congrats on the wildchild! I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about this move! I think she is going to love feeling her independence and do great!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on wildchild! It'll will work out just fine :)

    I had my gyno back in November. What fun. Female doc, good conversation, funny in fact, and no rectal. I've never had a gyno do that. Yet.

    Anyway, now its you and bossman! Get some action with him and let the rest of it go for the weekend!

    ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erica: All day I was conscience of my ass, it was gross!

    PK: I know I should have worn socks! And from now on, I will definately get the first appointment of the day because that was just ridiculous!

    Carye: Not sure if I was diplomatic, but whatever I did, I'm not questioning it!

    Tom: I doubt a pap will ever become easier for me. But it's nice to know that everyone has to go through something just as bad, once in a while.

    Paul: Oh good grief, I feel SO sorry for YOU! I thought having to go every six months was bad!

    Theresa: I have a great feeling about this too, I just hope we don't kill each other! I USED to have a female doc, but alas, my insurance doesn't cover any female docs. ~sigh~

    HUGS to you all
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah for the Wildchild... YUCK on the doctor visit... and just being my usual bouncy self, I'd have bounced off the table and answered the phone. At least it would ensure the doctor walking in!

    Love you so... can't wait to hear all about the reconnection *huge grins*

    ReplyDelete