First, I'd like to thank you all for your advise. We haven't really decided which avenue to take with her, but we are leaning toward the independant study. Like I said in my comment, she would still be able to attend her school for choir and plays, but she would be independant with her main courses.
See what I neglected to mention was, she's not a good student. She hates all things academic. She'd rather sing and dance and perform than learn geometry and history. She has already failed a geometry class, and last year she failed a history class. So she already has to go to summer school. If she fails a class this semester she will have to make up that class when she is a senior. IF she does this independent study, she could actually make up and pass where she is at now. A lot of kids actually graduate early when they are on independent study because it's self paced. This could be really good, or really bad. I just don't know. ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Being a parent can really suck sometimes. If your thinking of becoming a parent, and you've just read this and are having a change of heart, go read this, I think you'll change your mind back.
Anyway, my mom had surgery yesterday. Believe it or not she got a breast reduction.
That's right, my mom, who is only 59, decided to get smaller boobies. I gotta tell you, she needed it.
My mom was a size G in a bra. My poor mother has had to deal with the extra large puppies for a very long time. My mom is only 5'2. So you can imagine how extra large her boobies were.
Over the last couple of months she's been dieting. She has gone from a size 22 to a size 12. But you couldn't tell because she still had these enormous boobs. So after fighting with the insurance company, and winning, she finally got to have her surgery yesterday. It was a 3 hour procedure, with about 2 hours in the recovery room. After that we went to her room. She did really well. I spent all day at the hospital yesterday. I called her this morning and she was in the car heading home. She sounded wonderful and she said she wasn't even having any pain. She was so excited to get this done. She said she was most looking forward to being able to cross her arms across her chest. I'm just glad everything turned out nicely!
This morning, Bossman stayed home from work with a nasty head cold. You know the kind that just makes things drip out of every hole in your head? But you'll be happy to know that he wasn't too sick to give me a quick hand spanking. Why is it that sometimes the hand can hurt worse than the spoon? I still can't figure that out. Anyway, it was a very nice, stingy spanking. I had just gotten out of the shower when he dumped me over his lap. I wasn't expecting it, at all! Turns out that the unexpected ones hurt more. This may have to do with the fact that I just wasn't in the right headspace about it. I wasn't mentally prepared. Or it could mean that I am just a wimp. I said COULD!
So there you have it, boob jobs and wayward teens and spankings all in one post.
Come to thing of it, when I put it like that, it all sounds kinda kinky!
EEEWWWWW!
later.......
Dear Grace, can't help with the Wildchild.
ReplyDeleteBut very pleased to hear about your mom, and you spanking was extra stingy because you had just got out of the shower. Mel's reaction to a spanking after a bath or a shower was quite different.
Warn hugs,
Paul.
Happy for your mom and glad she is doing well.
ReplyDeleteAfter shower spankings do hurt worse, expected or unexpected!
Hope you two find the right path for the Wildchild. I'm certain the answer will come in time.
You are so right about Erica's posts of late. She is really tugging on my mother heart strings. I cry every time I read her now. Especially since mine is about to fly the nest. I can't comment on her though. Tell her I an thinking of her if you can comment.
Huggs
Theresa
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI read your blog often and really appreciate your honesty in your blog. I've never commented before, but I wanted to make a quick comment about your "wildchild" doing independent study. I'm 22 years old and graduated high school a year early--so I was a good student. I tried doing independent study in both high school and during my undergraduate degree (I'm working on my graduate degree now) and was not able to. I don't especially like school....it's okay. For me, it's kind of take it or leave it and when I did independent study there was a lot more leeway to simply "leave it". Maybe it would be the right thing for your daughter, but it takes a LOT of willpower on the part of the person completing the course and it sounds so much easier and more fun than it really is once you get going. Okay....sorry for the long comment, just wanted to let you know my experience with independent study. Thanks again for your blogging!
Paul and Theresa, you are both right! I didn't even think about the fact that I just got out of the shower, no wonder it was so stingy!
ReplyDeleteAnon~ Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate a view from someone that has tried it before. We still haven't made a final decision so I'm not sure where we are going from here. Thanks so much for your nice comment about my blog. And, thanks for reading!
HUGS!
grace
Your poor mom! Thank goodness she was finally able to get that boobie reduction! I hope things work out with the wildchild, sooner rather than later!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Kallisto
Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou know all the ins and outs of your decision for the Wildchild. And either way you decide you and Bossman will be there to provide the stable influence she is going to need. Don't kill her, in 5 to 7 years she will probably be one of your best friends!
I am so glad that your mom could get this surgery! I bet she has thought about this for a long time. I hope recovery is easy.
I am soooooo happy Bossman is willing to take care of business even when he is under the weather. You have such a good guy!
Hugs,
PK
Hmmmm... where to start? The Wildchild, as PK says, you and Bossman know her best,and as long as you can stay on top of her without completely cmothering her, yeah, maybe independent study is the way to go. Seems like it's worht a try anyway. But she will need lots of encouragement and motivation to stay on track... just don't let your guard down.
ReplyDeleteFor your mom, I'm so happy for her that the surgery went well AND that she will be able to cross her arms... some things really aren't under-rated!
As to your Bossman, you already KNOW you have a winner there... he knows just how and when to please you and motivate you and give you what you need. Give him a hug for me!
Love you!
You're so sweet, Grace. Thank you for your kind words. I sure hope you'll still be around when my girl reaches the wildchild's age. I'm gonna need all the help I can get with a teenage daughter!
ReplyDelete