19 years ago I married my best friend. He is my soul-mate. He is the one that I think about and dream about. I love you, Sweetheart! You will always be The One.
And you wanna know how silly I am? That song was popular back when I first met Dan and I immediately glommed onto it and learned all the words so I could sing along when it came on the radio. Today I have the karaoke on my computer and sometimes when I'm alone here, I put it on to sing along to it. The lyrics always make me cry and I break down and cannot finish.
It's so meaningful to me, especially the part where she sings, "They said, I'll bet, they never make it...", geez, see?
I'm tearing up again right now. That's such a great song, glad you posted the video, thanks. :)
Happy Anniversary!! I too want to play it in 3 years when at 25 years wer renew our vows. Thats if I can convince my hubby to do that. People really did say we would never make it .. even took bets. We had a very very very very short engagement. Think days... I hope you and bossman have a wonderful day and maybe for your anniversary present he may give you a belt??!!
Grace, congratulations to you and Bossman, may there be very many more very happy ones. I like the song and video, there are songs that came out when I was courting Mel, late 50's early 60's that make me tear up still, they remind me so much of my love. Love and warm hugs, Paul.
Oh people thought we weren't going to make it either; are you kidding? lol! I bailed out of my 25 year marriage seemingly out of the blue and started dating Dan; most of my family thought I was nuts. My friends didn't because I had been open with them about my ex and all but my family...geez.
My one brother is still waiting for me to call him and say I've made a mistake with Dan; I can hear it in his voice whenever I call...he's still hopeful that maybe things have gone wrong with us. And he doesn't dislike Dan; he just doesn't like it that things didn't go the way he thought they would. Yet, we've been very happily married 8 years this year and together for almost 10 now. Even my sister said that when she and her now-ex put a list together of happily married couples they know, we topped their list. We topped my best friend and her husband's list, too.
At the first family Christmas Dan spent with me and my family, my sis-in-law whispered to me privately that the gift they gave "us" was really just for me; yanno, in case Dan and I broke up.
Nice, eh? Gee THANKS for the SUPPORT! So yeah...that song is very meaningful for me. :)
Although I'd love to sing to the doubters..."Ha Ha Ha We Were Right And You Were Wrong!"
Is there a song like that?
I wish. heh
Oh and that's SO not a mullet! That's just the way guys wore their hair back then, it was HAWT! And that's a very sweet picture, btw. :) You both look beautiful, really and truly. :)
Congratulations Grace and Bossman!
ReplyDeleteAnd you wanna know how silly I am? That song was popular back when I first met Dan and I immediately glommed onto it and learned all the words so I could sing along when it came on the radio. Today I have the karaoke on my computer and sometimes when I'm alone here, I put it on to sing along to it. The lyrics always make me cry and I break down and cannot finish.
It's so meaningful to me, especially the part where she sings, "They said, I'll bet, they never make it...", geez, see?
I'm tearing up again right now. That's such a great song, glad you posted the video, thanks. :)
Happy Anniversary you two! :)
Not silly! I do the same thing. I've had it in my head that on our 25th we are going to renew our vows and our first dance will be to this song....
ReplyDeleteCuz... THEY said, I'll bet, they'll never make it, but just look at us going on....still together, still goin' strong!
Oh, like our 80's style? Bossman is REALLY proud of the mullet! NOT!
HUGS!
grace
Happy Anniversary!! I too want to play it in 3 years when at 25 years wer renew our vows. Thats if I can convince my hubby to do that. People really did say we would never make it .. even took bets. We had a very very very very short engagement. Think days... I hope you and bossman have a wonderful day and maybe for your anniversary present he may give you a belt??!!
ReplyDeleteC
Awwww... that's sweet!!! Congrats!!! I wanna be there when you renew those vows!!!
ReplyDeleteI knew you'd make it!!!
Hugs~
Eva
Congrats Grace I think you did good!
ReplyDeleteHuggs
Theresa
Happy Anniversary and many more to come.May each year be better than the one before it.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Lori
Congrats and Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tracy
Grace, congratulations to you and Bossman, may there be very many more very happy ones.
ReplyDeleteI like the song and video, there are songs that came out when I was courting Mel, late 50's early 60's that make me tear up still, they remind me so much of my love.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Happy Anniversary, Grace and Bossman.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Debbie :)
Oh people thought we weren't going to make it either; are you kidding? lol! I bailed out of my 25 year marriage seemingly out of the blue and started dating Dan; most of my family thought I was nuts. My friends didn't because I had been open with them about my ex and all but my family...geez.
ReplyDeleteMy one brother is still waiting for me to call him and say I've made a mistake with Dan; I can hear it in his voice whenever I call...he's still hopeful that maybe things have gone wrong with us. And he doesn't dislike Dan; he just doesn't like it that things didn't go the way he thought they would. Yet, we've been very happily married 8 years this year and together for almost 10 now. Even my sister said that when she and her now-ex put a list together of happily married couples they know, we topped their list. We topped my best friend and her husband's list, too.
At the first family Christmas Dan spent with me and my family, my sis-in-law whispered to me privately that the gift they gave "us" was really just for me; yanno, in case Dan and I broke up.
Nice, eh? Gee THANKS for the SUPPORT! So yeah...that song is very meaningful for me. :)
Although I'd love to sing to the doubters..."Ha Ha Ha We Were Right And You Were Wrong!"
Is there a song like that?
I wish. heh
Oh and that's SO not a mullet! That's just the way guys wore their hair back then, it was HAWT! And that's a very sweet picture, btw. :) You both look beautiful, really and truly. :)
Happy Anniversary! So sweet! :-)
ReplyDelete