I'm done being serious for awhile. Serious always makes me nervous. You never know how people will react. Thankfully, all of you acted very well! I so appreciate that!
On to something new....
Don't you just love it when you're reading a book and come across a spanking scene? That happened to me this week! I LOVE when that happens.
I absolutely LOVE reading. But I hate spending money on books. So I typically buy books at yard sales and thrift stores.
Last week I spent a whole dollar and came home with an arm load of books. (SCORE!!!)
One of the books was called A Kingdom of Dreams, by Judith McNaught.
At first glance, you think it's just another romance novel. Me? I LOVE me a juicy romance novel. So I was all ready to get lost in another time and another place. Hot knights and dukes fighting over damels in distress. Oh YEAH!
Imagine my surprise when I'm not very far along and I come to a spanking scene! OH YES! Bonus for me!!!
The story is set in the 1400's. It's England verses Scotland. It's dukes and knights and kings and castles. It's kidnapping and damsels in distress. Everything I love about romance novels.
The damsel is a lovely young girl Scottish girl named Jennifer. She's a feisty young maiden, sent to live in a nunnery. She and her sister are both there.
Lets jump to the chase, er, I mean, spanking...shall we?
She and her sister are kidnapped by a fierce English warrior named Royce. Only he's known across the land as The Wolf! Jennifer and her sister plot to escape this horrible beast of a man. They finally succeed, only to be captured again. Jennifer, our hapless heroine, has accidentally killed the Wolfs horse. When she and her sister are brought back to the warriors camp, Jennifer is made to stay in Royces tent. Once in the tent, he is so upset with her that he decides to spank her. Of course, at first she thinks he will kill her, but he feels she needs a good beating. If only her father had done this sooner she wouldn't have been sent to the nunnery.
So, he spanks her. Oh what a great scene. He spanks her until his hand hurts! He wants to spank her until she crys. But she doesn't give him that satisfaction. Believe it or not, this is hardly the beginning of this novel!
Unfortunately there are no more spanking scenes. But if you love a good romance novel, this is definitely the book for you.
So now that I've done my civic duty and told you all about the book with the spanking scene, I'm off to read the next one. Surely I couldn't get lucky enough to find another spanking scene....
If I find one, you'll all be the first to know!
Always love a good book. Thanks
ReplyDeleteC
Grace, is that all he did, not much of a villain, called the Wolf, should have been called the Pussy and I mean a cat.
ReplyDeleteLove and warm hugs,
Paul.
Yummy scene! And shame on her for killing a horse! I hope he used a riding crop on her. (That seems to be a recurring theme today.)
ReplyDeleteHave you read Tai Pan? There are several spanking scenes in it. I think they cut all but one in the movie, but it's fairly long.
Hugs,
Hermione
Sounds like a fun book! :-)
ReplyDeleteWill be following up on suggestions. Try Kat Martin...fun fun!
ReplyDelete