
11 years ago today, at 5:35pm, I received the best gift. This gift was something I had hoped for and dreamed about.
This gift was 7lbs and 7oz and was 20 inches long.
This gift was my little man.
My little man isn't so little anymore. He's 5'2 and around 110 pounds.
He's smart, funny and very absent-minded. I've taken to calling him the absent-minded professor. He'd forget to breath if it didn't come naturally!
He's a red-head...so he has a fiery temper. But he's incredibly sensitive and caring. He is an animal lover but cats are his favorite.
My son is everything a mother could hope for. When he was a baby he had Winnie the Pooh for his theme in his room. I know he's getting too old for such things, but this song reminds me of him every time I hear it!
Happy birthday Little man! Mom loves you very much!
I think you got a wonderful gift! We both had a little girl and a little boy. Both are wonderful but you and I both know little boys adore their mothers!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Little Man - you know you may just have to change his name out here.
Hugs,
PK
Children are such a joy and a blessing aren't they? I can just hear how much you treasure him, and rightly so.
ReplyDeletelove and hugs xxx
Grace, They grow up so fast, but I can tell that no one has to remind you to cherish these days. It comes through in everything you write about him. Children are a wonder! Happy Birthday to the little man! Meow
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to him!! Enjoy every moment...they grow up too soon these days! Before you know it, they are married! (sob!)xxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteWe moms love our boys! Hope you all had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHuggs!
Theresa
Happy Birthday to your Little Man! Today is also Lucy and Jake's wedding anni; and we got to watch little Lily while they went out to a nice lunch!
ReplyDeleteYAY!
Enjoy, he looks so handsome and sweet. :) And yes, they grow up SO fast, don't they? :)
Happy Belated Birthday to your boy Grace.
ReplyDeleteThey grow so fast,spend as much time with him as you can.
Ronnie
xx
Grace, congratulations on the birth of your son.
ReplyDeleteI love the way that you treasure him.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Haapy Birthday.....i have to agree boys are awesome.
ReplyDeleteI refer to May 31, 2009 as the 9th Anniversary of me becoming a Mom aka "my little man's" birthday, only he's not so little anymore either at 5 ft 90 lbs.
ReplyDelete9 years ago I would have never believed that a little boy could hold my heart the way he does. When he was little, his favorite book was "I Love You Stinky Face." I don't know if you know the book but it's a question and answer session between a mother and her son where the son imagines himself as every uncuddly creature in the world and asks his mother if she would still love him if he was such a creature to which she always responds yes.
"But Mama, but Mama, what if I were a super smelly skunk, and... my name was Stinky Face?" His mother replies that she would bathe him, "and if you still smelled bad, I wouldn't mind, and I would... whisper in your ear, `I love you, Stinky Face.'"
Goodness knows, in nine years, my little man has taught me the meaning of unconditional love over and over again.
Happy Birthday to your little man.
Anon, I never heard of the book, but I would have loved it.
ReplyDeleteMy little man always has the dirty puppy dog smell, so when I read your comment it reminded me of that.
Our favorite book is Guess how much I love you. Of course I love him to the moon and back!