I know today is the R's, but I'm not really in the R mood. I thought instead, that I would be grateful for Bossman instead.
Actually, I'm grateful for Bossman every day. Everyday I marvel that the man still loves me. I'm in awe that he wants to put up with my stresses and problems and all the other things that come with loving someone. How I managed to get so lucky, I will never know. But.....lucky I am!
So, I know I've been hinting around that Bossman has taken a very strong interest in the whole d/d aspect of spanking. I've tried for weeks to write about it, but frankly, I can't seem to write anything worth publishing. I have numerous drafts that I started to write, but none of them fully conveyed how I truly feel.
Which brings me to the question....how do I feel about the whole thing?
Good question! And although it's a pretty straight forward question, the answer is not at all easy to answer.
Recently Amber shed some light on the core reason why this is so hard to explain, or maybe for me, it's the reason why I am having a hard time talking about it. As she said "I think at least part of the problem is that many people lack the ability to hold two opposing beliefs at the same time. How can Dan think of me as a stupid little slut and yet revere me as his wife? And how can I abase myself and find pleasure in kneeling at his feet and yet know that I'm a total bad-ass in my own right?
These beliefs are opposites yet they are both true. True and not true."
Now, I don't think Bossman thinks of me as a stupid little slut. ;) But the core of the statement is true. How can Bossman think of himself as the head of the household, yet, still see me as an equal? How can I, allow myself to be spanked by him, allow him to take charge of me, but still consider myself a strong, powerful, almighty, Woman? How can I say that our marriage is based on equality if we consider one of us as the "head" of the family?
Opposite points and yet, both true! (Thanks Amber!)
So I find myself trying to explain how my husband has taken to spanking me when I get lazy and don't fulfill my end of the bargain. How when I threw a hissy fit in the car because I didn't think we should drive around the block again...that night he decided to spank me for attitude.
AND, how do I explain how I find our relationship getting better for it? How I find me, personally, changing into something better.
Even though most of you reading this will get exactly what I'm saying and even though, that's what this blog has been about for 5 years, I still find it hard to talk about. Now that it's officially happening, it feels weird. It seems like before was all just a game. Something we did for the fun of it. It never had meaning. Now....well, now it's just different.
And I can't explain it.
But, I can explain how grateful I am for Bossman. I am grateful that he has taken on this challenge and that he is willing to put up with me! I couldn't possible imagine a life without him.
Can I ask for more than that? I could, but I don't want to be selfish! ;)
Yes I do understand everything you are saying. I don't know what triggered Bossman to do this for the two of you but I know you must feel like the most loved and cared for woman in the world. To feel so loved, so cared for has to make you a better partner, parent, daughter, sister and friend. You and Bossman are very lucky. Ours is still a game and I am grateful for all we have - but I still envy you.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
PK
I agree with PK. You are very lucky to have each other. I can't really say more because we don't do DD, but it sure sounds like the pieces have finally fallen into place for you. I hope it continues.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hermione
Grace, What beautiful sentiments about Bossman! It is hard to explain. I like seeing each of us and our marriage grow, but there is something unexplainable about the process and about the feelings it causes. Thanks for putting some of your feelings into words. Meow
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, Grace. It's wonderful. It's all good!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Debbie :)
That's awesome, Grace, I'm really happy for you! I'm glad my meanderings made some sense, somewhere, lol!
ReplyDelete(And how about being a smart little slut? Is that okay? Or, maybe just stupid but little and chaste? Dunno, I gotta get humiliation in SOMEWHERE if it's gonna be hawt, yanno! lol)
Hehe...
To tell you the truth I finally understood that if I wanted things to be different I had to take charge and just spank. When ever you did something I did not like I would get mad or be upset at you. However what I am doing now is just spanking. Even if you are upset at me or disagree with me I just spank. Even when you protest and struggle. The thing is I read so many of your posts I finally got it. I got that you don't like the pain of spanking but need it regardless. You need it even when you say you don't need it. So really I just needed to realize that I need to take control and just spank.
ReplyDeleteGrace, it may be confusing, but it's all good.
ReplyDeleteBossman makes perfect sense.
Love and warm hugs,
Paul.
Oh my God, Grace! Bossman is an absolute keeper. I will admit to being totally jealous of you. :)
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Debbie :)
Bossman, you need a T-shirt that says that in bold letters! "Just Spank!" lol :)
ReplyDeleteAmber, I'll get him the shirt and you can wear yours...something about kneeling, if I'm not mistaken... ;)
ReplyDeleteYes Debbie, he's a keeper! I told you I was lucky!
Pk, I know you are wishing for more. I know I have been for years. After I just accepted the way it was, NOW he decides to change. Either way, it's better than nothing...right?
Meow, it's very hard to explain the feelings. I'm still working through it all.
Amber, you can be Dan's stupid little slut, or his smart little slut...either way, as long as you both are happy. Besides, I KNOW you are smart just by reading your blog. So if you want to be stupid for Dan, go for it! LOL Thanks for the insight. I couldn't quite put my finger on it until you expressed it so nicley. I never realized I was just to justify to opposite feelings. Now it makes sense, but still hard to come to terms with.
Hermione, I think we are ALL lucky if we get to do what makes us happy!
Paul, confusing, yes! But we are happy...so that makes it worth it!
Bossman, Thank you for everything you do for me. Making me feel like a Princess and taking care of me as no one else would. I love you but I could do without the BS!
HUGS!
grace
Hey Grace, Thanks for sharing Grace, very happy for you, your both very lucky.
ReplyDeleteLOL about Amber's suggestion for the T-shirt.
Ronnie
xx