Friday fill-ins and house update

1. We are putting an offer on a home, today!

2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been tacos.

3. Odie says bark! bark! bark!

4. A nice long walk makes the stress less noticeable.

5. Next week I hope to hear some good news. (That we got our house!)

6. When all is said and done, I could live in a cardboard box and still be happy, as long as Bossman is with me!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to the Dodger game, tomorrow my plans include sleeping in and Sunday, I want to hang out at the cafe and listen to Bossman's band perform for the first time!


So yeah, in case you didn't catch my big fat hint in the fill ins, we are putting an offer in on a house today. It's beautiful and it's big and it's going to be our first house purchase! I'm excited and scared! I was excited about this house and then once they said we were signing some papers to make an offer, I got all freaked out. Sure this house is great, but what about the house I may see tomorrow?

I know, stupid things to think. This house has everything we could want and more. It's twice the size of the house we live in now. BUT, we've lived in this house so long (8 years) that I keep thinking of all the things I'll miss.

I know, it's just stress. It's not like we are moving far away. We are merely moving a few miles down the road. The little man will still attend the same schools. Everything will be fine.

So wish us luck! Here's hoping they accept the offer!

Oh yeah, and GO Dodgers!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the house. Hope its the beginning of a fabulous weekend. Good luck to Bossman too for his band's first gig.

    love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, have a wonderful week-end.
    House buying breeds butterflies in the tum, always!
    Yay Bossman has a band, hope it works out for him.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace,

    I do hope you get the house. We made that leap from small to big a few years back and it felt so good to stretch out. Lots of room between our room and the kid's ears! Just reread LA Kink and wanted to come visit. Hi! from KayLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exciting. If this is the house for you it will all work out but, oh boy - I do remember the butterflies when trying to decide on a house.

    I sure wish I could go with you to hear Bossman play!! Enjoy it for us.

    BTW don't worry about missing the house, you get to take all the memories with you!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting time for you all Grace, hope you get it.

    Good luck to Bossman and have a lovely lie-in on Sunday. I don't know anything about the Dodges but I hope they win for you.

    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, good luck on the house. I hope it all works out for you. We bought our first house last year. We didn't get the first house that we offered on, but the next one we found was even better and we love it. It such a stressful time, but also very exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great good luck!

    Be prepared to be a little shell-shocked when you go in to sign the papers. It's natural to be freaked out, just be prepared for it. It's much MUCH worse than buying a car as far as the signing for the loan goes.

    You'll see amounts of money that will just blow your mind, you'll be sitting in a room with very serious people who will tell you how serious this is all is and you'll initial and sign and initial and sign AND initial and sign until your hand falls off and each page has "WARNING" on it in big red letters...

    Nah. I'm teasing. They don't have "warning" but they may as well for the heart-attack you might be feeling at that point.

    Seriously, be prepared to be a bit freaked out. Especially the page that tells you how much interest you're going to be paying in total.

    Just remember to tell yourself it's okay, no worries, everybody freaks out, this is worth it, etc. The title company and mortgage holder are just being very very very thorough. :)

    I used to be a a notary on the side for a title company and I did lots of loans with people. Don't worry about the papers that are rote, you know, the ones that are boilerplate ;just pay attention to your interest rate, the length of your loan, anything like that. Anywhere where they have written in information that pertains to YOUR INDIVIDUAL loan; you'll be able to tell those pages because it will be obvious they added to that page.

    Those are the important ones you need to read carefully.

    Just sign/initial the rest without reading them in depth and don't stress over that part.

    And breathe. And remind yourself this will all be a distant memory and you'll be in your beautiful home soon.

    I'm so happy for you! Wheee! Your first house! WHEEEE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss my old house. It was a part of me and my life. It was were I raised my son.

    But it doesn't have to be sad. Maybe the new owners will let you come visit it. Yeah I'm sure they will. Let me know how that goes!

    Anyway, I hope you get the new house. Think of all the new memories just waiting to be made!

    Huggs!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Luck with the house.

    Keep us posted

    ReplyDelete