Bossman went out of town this weekend. A business associate gave him VIP tickets to the Nascar race. Since there was only two tickets I decided to stay home with the little man and Bossman took his father to the race. They left on Saturday and didn't come home until 1am on Monday morning. The little man and I went to the movies on Saturday night and we ended up going to the zoo on Sunday. It was nice spending time with my little man, but I sure did miss Bossman.
So that was my weekend....
My sister came back from her trip to see our father. I haven't spoken to her yet, but she did post pictures on facebook. Since I am
nosey curious, of course, I took a peek. Weird thing.... After seeing them, I realized something very important. I realized that I have no need to go visit him. I have no need to see him. As I looked at the pictures it made my stomach hurt. I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling. I was looking at a stranger. I was surprised that I had that gut reaction when I saw the picture of him. I've since gone back and looked again and I still get the same reaction. I guess that means I don't really need him right now.
Maybe someday. But for now, I think I'll just not worry about it.
~house news~
We have put an offer in on a different house. We got a counter offer and I think we are going to accept the offer. We want to go look at the house again before we sign anything and I think that is going to happen today or tomorrow.
We found out the other house had a price drop. We also found out that there is a problem with that house that will cost 20 grand to fix. Oh yeah, 20 grand! Thank goodness we didn't sign up for that house. The only way that house would work for us is if they drop the price 20 grand. I have a feeling that house will be on the market a long time!
That's what going on over in Graceland. Things are busy, life is good.
How's your summer going so far???
Sounds like a fun weekend! I hope the second house works out better for you. A house with 20 grand worth of problems isn't a real bargain. I got my hubby home this Saturday - for the rest of the summer! Hooray! Meow
ReplyDeleteHey Grace,
ReplyDeleteI think tableing the father issue is a wise move. Your sister did what she needed to do and you are doing the same. Sounds smart for both of you.
Will you get a home inspection before you sign anything? I haven't bought a house in nearly 30 years but I love to watch all the house buying shows on HGTV and they are always saying you have to have a home inspection so you really know what you are getting.
If you get this place can I come see it someday??
Hugs,
PK
Meow, YAY...I'm glad you have your hubby for the whole summer! Your going to have a great summer.
ReplyDeletePK, yes, after we sign the papers, we have 17 days to get a home inspection, an appraisal and a pest inspection. If we get this house I'll have a party and make sure and invite everyone!
HUGS!
grace
Good job on the house! Goes to show that everything is for a reason. (Now, if I could only apply that to my own life, somehow...hmmm... ;))
ReplyDeleteIt's funny you bring up the picture thing; I had a similar experience. I was toying with the idea of inviting my ex to the party we are giving in July for his side of the family to formally meet Lulu. I am still close with his sister and her now grown kids and their spouses and kids, etc.
I thought, you know...why not invite him too? He and his gf and her son. I mean, there isn't any animosity between us. There's this weird kind of tension but we don't hate or even dislike each other.
Then I ran across a picture on my computer I hadn't seen before of him in the background at Lucy's wedding; she's dancing with her new husband but he is in the background, looking at the camera for some reason and my blood just chilled. The expression on his face...there was this *look* and I remembered all the times I'd seen that look on his face and been scared. I don't think anyone else would have looked at him and thought anything about it but I saw that look and felt...
Really terrible.
So, no, I'm not inviting him. I want to enjoy myself and have a good time and I'm sorry, he's a nice enough person but there is too much bad history between us for me to ever feel comfortable around him again.
I'm glad you have resolved your feelings about your dad, too. {{{hugs}}}
Re your Bio dad, I am glad you found a solution you feel comfortable with. If you feel peaceful about your decision deep inside, then you know its the right one. Thats good.
ReplyDeleteRe the house, hope it works out for you...wish I could come to the party!!Am so relieved you found out before you committed to the other house... friends of mine had a surveyor check the house they fell in love with, who said the house had a problem with the shower that needed investigating; they couldnt really afford the full check, AND still afford the house, so they got a plumber friend to look at it; he said the tiles would need re-doing, they were letting water through causing the damp the surveyor had found. They bought the house. MISTAKE.
The tiles were removed; they had been leaking for so long, the entire walls were sodden and all the plaster blown, all sorts of probs were found, cost them over £40,000, when they expected it to be around £5,000!!!
Hugs, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx