Home

We made it home!  What a wonderful trip we had.

It didn't start out so great though.  This was only the second time we've taken Bullet out.  We've never owned a RV before and there is a LOT to know about them.  Bossman is really good at figuring things out but there were still bumps along the way.

We store the RV so we had to pick Bullet  up on Wed.  Our plan was to leave Thursday as we were going to a "first come, first serve" campground and we were nervous we wouldn't get a spot.  Our plan all along was to pick up Bullet Wed and Bossman was going to work Thursday until noon and then we would go. Wednesday afternoon Bossman called and said he didn't have to work the next day and we should just leave when he got home.  I wasn't exactly ready for that, but I hurried and got ready.  We loaded up the truck and headed up to the RV storage place.  It has been a month and a half since we last took him out.  We weren't entirely sure what we were doing.  Our battery was dead and the power jack wouldn't work.  Oh man.  After fumbling around like bumbling idiots, Bossman managed to figure it all out.  By the time he figured it out, we were wiped!  Also it was sunset and the campground was an hour and a half away.  We decided it was best to go home and leave early in the morning.  We can park the RV in front of our house, so that's what we did.  SHEEZ!!!

I am thankful that we figured it out.  I will tell the rest of the story tomorrow but just know, I am so thankful for my very smart husband and I'm glad he has the patience to figure things out.  I'm thankful for the Bullet.

I hope you all had a terrific weekend.  I know I did!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Grace...happy you made it home safely. Lucky you have such a very smart husband. I went on several short trips with my parents in their RV...there was a lot of work! Looking forward to reading the rest of the story. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace, glad you are home safely, and had a lovely holiday.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Ray trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the motor home. Our first trip had water pouring out - not knowing you had to turn some kind of valve first. Live and learn.
    Glad it ended with a successful trip and obviously you got a great spot to park at the campground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grace, :) I'm glad that you had a great time, and that you are home safe and sound.

    Quite the adventure! I've never had an RV vacation, but Rob did as a teen. He loved it. Maybe one day we will try it. Sounds very fun. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete