Spiritual belief

I don't know if you would consider me religious.  I do go to church pretty regularly.  My child went to a christian high school and he is going to a christian college.

Personally, I have my beliefs.  I'm not sure what I would do without them.  I have gone through lots of things in my life and without my personal beliefs, I don't know how I would have survived.

I don't like pushing my beliefs on others.  My kids think I'm religious, but they would, they were raised that way.  Funny thing is though, my daughter told my SIL when they first started dating that Bossman and I were religious.  He got nervous meeting us because he didn't know what to expect.  I think he thought we were going to throw the Bible at him.  Low and behold, he was pleasantly surprised.  We didn't throw the Bible at him and we don't throw our religion at him.  I have a friend that is not religious.  I've known her since high school.  She has told me numerous times that she loves how I don't talk about religion with her (unless she asks) but she can tell I am a good person.  I think everyone has to make up their own minds on religion and spiritual things.  If you ask, I will be happy to tell you what I think on the subject but I am not going to be knocking on your door anytime soon asking if you found Jesus!

I am very thankful for my beliefs.  I don't know where I'd be without them!

3 comments:

  1. My attitude is...whatever works for you. Your beliefs have helped to get you through everything you've had to face...which is as it should be.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that those that profess to be religious are the biggest hypocrites of all. I don't know how anyone can believe there isn't a higher power, no matter what form it takes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace, :) Beliefs are great to be thankful for. We all have our own, and hopefully the root of it all is to go around and try to be loving to others. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete