Thankful Day 2

Since Thanksgiving is in November, this is the perfect month to be thankful.

Today, I am thankful for my husband's job.  I could be thankful for him, but I'm saving that for another day.

Bossman has been in his profession for roughly 17 years.  He's been with this company for almost 15.    
When he started out on this journey, we were broke.  We lived paycheck to paycheck and we even had to live with the in-laws for a while.  It was tough.

The sacrifices we made were worth it.  After many many years of barely making it, we are now doing fantastic.  I never thought we'd make it this far.

Of course, being financially stable is a reason to be thankful, but the main reason to be thankful is because for the last 10 years or so, I haven't had to work.  I realize what a blessing it is to not have to work.  Not many people get the opportunity to stay home.  I was able to take care of my kids and take care of our house.  Even after the kids left, I am able to be home.  It's amazing!

I don't know how I got so lucky.

What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for a beautiful warm fall day, instead of the usual snow we get at this time of year.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Grace. Yes you are very lucky. I am thankful for the job I have that even though I am living paycheck to paycheck, I can support myself.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gorgeous day today - it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to stay home with your children - what a joy it was to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a blessing I am grateful for too. :-) I feel very lucky. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful for you, and the children, Grace! :)

    I'm grateful for all the work that Rob has done, through the years, that has allowed me to take time off from work at different times in our lives, to focus on our family, and extended family. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete